• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

If nothing else, that definitely sounds like enough to say to sit back and enjoy the ride. Something pretty epic is coming, even if it's not strictly AmourShipping.

I just have a hard time seeing them go to all the trouble of designing a brand new outfit for Serena, something they did for no one else, and only use it for about ten minutes of screentime. There's too much investment in it for her to never turn up again.
That’s how it seems be. They kept things fairly open with today’s episode so it could go either way. But you don’t normally go through effort like that to only be shown once after a redesign. I guess they did that with May in DP but aside from that it seems like Journeys is more open to bringing back characters. So maybe we’ll see a return. As for the “other epic episode” they were talking about writing, it could be anything. It would be safe to assume we’ll see Serena again though whether it’s as the cameo character or just showing her watching Ash battle I don’t know.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
That’s how it seems be. They kept things fairly open with today’s episode so it could go either way. But you don’t normally go through effort like that to only be shown once after a redesign. I guess they did that with May in DP but aside from that it seems like Journeys is more open to bringing back characters. So maybe we’ll see a return. As for the “other epic episode” they were talking about writing, it could be anything. It would be safe to assume we’ll see Serena again though whether it’s as the cameo character or just showing her watching Ash battle I don’t know.
I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that May got a 4-episode arc in Diamond and Pearl, and she was with Ash's group the entire time. It's far different than what we're dealing with here right now. I'd honestly consider four episodes of Ash and Serena to be a victory.

I don’t think Serena is getting another episode simply because to much things are crammed

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I don’t think Serena is getting another episode simply because to much things are crammed
idk man, the next episode is basically Team Rocket Gets on Public Access Radio. I think they'll be able to find some room.

Seriously though, there are probably about 40 episodes left to air if Journeys is the same length as SM. For reference, the entirety of XYZ was 47 episodes, and that was debatably the best season of the anime ever.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
idk man, the next episode is basically Team Rocket Gets on Public Access Radio. I think they'll be able to find some room.

Seriously though, there are probably about 40 episodes left to air if Journeys is the same length as SM. For reference, the entirety of XYZ was 47 episodes, and that was debatably the best season of the anime ever.
Did you count all the weeks lost on pandemic hiatus, regular yearly breaks, slot hijacking breaks? Because JN would be lucky to cross 130 unless they stretch to December. Even so, discounting all the potential episodes (8-12 M8+finale related, 2-3 post-M8, 2-4 Goh, 1-2 Chloe, 1-2 TRio, 1 Paul, 1 Greninja, 1-2 Alola), there's still 5-15 or so left in which they can accommodate.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Did you count all the weeks lost on pandemic hiatus, regular yearly breaks, slot hijacking breaks? Because JN would be lucky to cross 130 unless they stretch to December. Even so, discounting all the potential episode (10-14 M8 related, 2 post-M8, 3-4 Goh, 2-3 Chloe, 1-2 TRio, 1 Paul, 1 Greninja, 1-2 Alola), there's still half a dozen or so left in which they can accommodate.
Let’s not forget any potential “direct to Prime Video” specials like the one in January.

BlueDragonfangirl

Its going to be a tight fit if they end it in November as usual. Would like to see a Dawn, Serena, and Koharu in an episode though, maybe for another contest but with a battle round this time
if any thing I’d over all like an episode that has all of Ash’s friends including Ash himself together for an episode just to hang out and talk.

i‘d prefer an Ash x Serena epi while Chloe x Go are off on their own.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
As someone who's been vocal of their indifference and non-liking to amourshipping
I've got to say today's episode really really made me come to peace with the fact it'll be the endgame
I saw many amourshippers worrying that this episode implied 'Serena moved on' but as someone who doesn't have any bias towards amourshipping, this episode in my eyes heavily implied if anything that amourshipping WILL be endgame. Idk the ending scene seemed too poetic and longing in my eyes and the careful and delicate way they handled it makes me even more sure they haven't changed that part of her, they've just matured it
I really enjoyed the brief matured amourshipping we got in JN, no more simple blushings and baiting, it feels more subtle but impactful in a way when love gets out of that initial silly crush stage and actually becomes deeper
That sunset scene really sells me in more than the elevator scene, JN really continued on amourshipping very well imo. Just the right amount while showing how amazing Serena's character can be

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
It's already been mentioned in the episode thread courtesy of SerGoldenhandtheJust but there's a particular theory going around concerning the green lights on the dock when Serena watches Ash's boat sail away:

What do you guys think?
Considering the Baby-breath flower symbolism from XY&Z, I would buy this green light symbolism as well. To me, this seem to imply that the writers are saying "we're not ready to ship them fully yet but there is hope that they will be together one day when the right time comes"

if any thing I’d over all like an episode that has all of Ash’s friends including Ash himself together for an episode just to hang out and talk.

i‘d prefer an Ash x Serena epi while Chloe x Go are off on their own.
Forget that, I would want one whole season of just Ash and Serena together, lmao. With all seriousness, I'm glad that Goh and Chloe didn't butt in too much when Ash and Serena were talking

aipomadvanceshipper

As someone who's been vocal of their indifference and non-liking to amourshipping
I've got to say today's episode really really made me come to peace with the fact it'll be the endgame
I saw many amourshippers worrying that this episode implied 'Serena moved on' but as someone who doesn't have any bias towards amourshipping, this episode in my eyes heavily implied if anything that amourshipping WILL be endgame. Idk the ending scene seemed too poetic and longing in my eyes and the careful and delicate way they handled it makes me even more sure they haven't changed that part of her, they've just matured it
I really enjoyed the brief matured amourshipping we got in JN, no more simple blushings and baiting, it feels more subtle but impactful in a way when love gets out of that initial silly crush stage and actually becomes deeper
That sunset scene really sells me in more than the elevator scene, JN really continued on amourshipping very well imo. Just the right amount while showing how amazing Serena's character can be
Yeah I think serena is serious about liking Ash but knows both aren't ready nor achieved their goals. I would ignore the scene but when she stayed till they left with her Pokemon looking at her I think Serena is maturing and her appeal was something different then what she normally does on stage this would have been better if it had a battle round but this episode was about chloe bu serenacreally surprised

It's already been mentioned in the episode thread courtesy of SerGoldenhandtheJust but there's a particular theory going around concerning the green lights on the dock when Serena watches Ash's boat sail away:

What do you guys think?
Hardly doubt this is the case since I don’t think Japan knows that much about The Great Gatsby but it’s a nice theory.
Welcome!
When Ash and Serena’s reunion scene is in the dub I’m going to ****ing bawl my eyes out

The boat leaving with Ash on it is definitely a reference to the escalator pulling Serena away from Ash

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Sorry for the rough translation:
"Secretly, I wanted to be in charge of the script for Serena's appearance this episode (lol). Fortunately however, I get to be in charge of writing another intense episode instead, so look forward to that :blush:"

It's not exactly confirming another Serena episode, but they'll have a hand in another big episode at the very least.
She's doing the g e k k o u g a episode

Speed22

>please keep waiting and hoping that they meet again, only to barely interact and get pulled away from each other, just to keep you waiting again rinse and repeat

The absolute state of this ship lmao. Ultimate form of yank-the-dog’s-chain.
Read what Epicocity aka: the best Amour fic writer, said. Otherwise; if you're going to talk rubbish and run off, this isn't the thread for you.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

What do you guys think?
As someone else mentioned, The Great Gatsby isn't anywhere close to as popular in Japan as in the West. That said however, it's far from the first time that they inserted a reference to Western media into the anime.

As for the reference itself, it matches up far too perfectly to be a coincidence. It's not like this is just a green light somewhere. It's very specifically a green light at the end of a dock, and separated by the water are two people with romantic interest. Saying they just made that scene accidentally is a big ask.