• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Heekful

Motor Bug2005

You mean a new ship between Serena and a new guy? Lol, not gonna happen, I don’t even know if Serena ever interacted with a guy that wasn’t Ash/Clemont/Jimmy in the anime.
The only other ones I can think of off of the top of my head are Tierno and Trevor but yeah, I don't think we have anything to worry about on that front.

Elsewhere, I'm glad that we finally got confirmation as to what that ornament on Serena's left foot is thanks to the overdue after story. I was always sceptical that the ribbon was part of it since that was of a darker shade of blue while the ornament is more of a turquoise/cyan shade. Even so, that doesn't in any way, change the symbolism that the ornament represents.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Whelp, this tweet pretty much confirms it's all beads. No ribbons here. False alarm guys

At least they finally acknowledged Serena's existence
I wouldn't really put much stock into these artworks in terms of visual cues. Sure, they give us some decent off-screen worldbuilding that the episode may not (have time to) show, but the artist is not directly associated with OLM and I doubt the marketing team or said artist paid much attention to the character design outside of what they saw on the surface.

It would be a different matter if the actual team members/artists/character designers/animators drew her and kept that anklet as a beaded type without any ribbon.

I think the position that the ribbon was entirely retconned out of existence with no explanation is demonstrably true at this point. On another note, can someone give me a breakdown of how commonplace place this anklet symbolism is in Japan? Are there anime that I can look at that do the left leg/right leg relationship dichotomy that people are saying Serena's bracelet similarly represents?

I hunted down a Japanese article that explained what it was. It wasn't something I had heard of before so I was a bit too dismissive of that potentially being the case. Now the question here is if that was the intent, something that one could make a substantive case for if examples from other anime are given and people actually use this symbolism in those stories.

Last edited:

AARTX

Dead inside…
I think the position that the ribbon was entirely retconned out of existence with no explanation is demonstrably true at this point. On another note, can someone give me a breakdown of how commonplace place this anklet symbolism is in Japan? Are there anime that I can look at that do the left leg/right leg relationship dichotomy that people are saying Serena's bracelet similarly represents?

I hunted down a Japanese article that explained what it was. It wasn't something I had heard of before so I was a bit too dismissive of that potentially being the case. Now the question here is if that was the intent, something that one could make a substantive case for if examples from other anime are given and people actually use this symbolism in those stories.
Inb4 the death threats LMAO

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I think the position that the ribbon was entirely retconned out of existence with no explanation is demonstrably true at this point.
I don't think that is true. Yes, the ribbon isn't visible on her normal clothes. And yes, there are still questions about whether the ribbon is part of the anklet on her contest outfit. But they haven't said anything to contradict or retcon the ribbon out of existence either. Silence does not mean retcon.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I don't think that is true. Yes, the ribbon isn't visible on her normal clothes. And yes, there are still questions about whether the ribbon is part of the anklet on her contest outfit. But they haven't said anything to contradict or retcon the ribbon out of existence either. Silence does not mean retcon.
Yeah in normal circumstances that's true but this is the Pokemon anime, where they never explain things and use silence and hope the viewers forget things. Unless they actually bother to explain the ribbon, the silence on it so far can be considered a soft retcon

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Yeah in normal circumstances that's true but this is the Pokemon anime, where they never explain things and use silence and hope the viewers forget things. Unless they actually bother to explain the ribbon, the silence on it so far can be considered a soft retcon
Like Axew’s Dream to evolve? This is the Internet age, every detail is remembered and they know that.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Like Axew’s Dream to evolve? This is the Internet age, every detail is remembered and they know that.
False equivalency there. They only did that because they some how decided on making her Champion in JN. They even tried to retcon his dream later in the series by saying it doesn’t really matter as long as he’s being raised well. Iris’s Axew evolving had nothing to do with his dream no more than them making her team more similar to her Champion team. Haxorus is her ace and how weird would it be being having a Champion that specializes in Dragon types but having an Axew?

Morax

King of heroes
Actually the message indeed was that, that her scarf was unhealthy cause she had an irrational attachment to Eren. After he told her he hated her, she started questioning herself and the scarf and stopped wearing it
“Ackerman genes”
Woof Woof!!

The scarf merely symbolized her love for him. Honestly isayama should have gone full obsessive with her and make her join Eren. That would have been much more interesting that cutting his head off and kissing it lol

Last edited: