• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Im still waiting for that episode that Akemi Omode said that she was writting, Just like ash is going to Alola to celebrate his entry in the Master 8 it would be interesting if Serena Invited him in a date for just the two of them but this time a real date, not like those 2 that happened in Kalos (ribbon episode or when she chose to travel to Hoenn), seriously even if it might look like out of character i expect ash to be the one that kiss her this time, and while i see it unlikely, it would be a growth as a character that now he understand how she feels and/or he returns her feelings, however they must still "wait" until both conclude their goals in order to be together, so thats when she tell him that she will be rooting for him in the Master 8 competition.
I still have my hopes that Chloe plays a role on Ash and Serena relationship, if Serena tells her the way she feels for Ash (which is something i see it as a 50/50 possible) it would be cool if she play cupid role by reuniting them and set them in a blind date.
However if there is something that im still sure about is that its very likely that we will have a Ash and Serena centered episode.
I would love for Ash to kiss Serena to shut up everyone that says that the ship is one-sided. Bonus points if it’s onscreen and on the lips.
Also I really want to see Ash Greninja beat MCX in the Masters 8 now that Alain is confirmed.

BlueDragonfangirl

Someone brought up this in another thread, if she returns and it’s Ash’s final I hope she returns in the final and Ash’s asks her out for a date than it ends :p

I picture Kanto music theme song playing as the official ending song though.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Im still waiting for that episode that Akemi Omode said that she was writting, Just like ash is going to Alola to celebrate his entry in the Master 8 it would be interesting if Serena Invited him in a date for just the two of them but this time a real date, not like those 2 that happened in Kalos (ribbon episode or when she chose to travel to Hoenn), seriously even if it might look like out of character i expect ash to be the one that kiss her this time, and while i see it unlikely, it would be a growth as a character that now he understand how she feels and/or he returns her feelings, however they must still "wait" until both conclude their goals in order to be together, so thats when she tell him that she will be rooting for him in the Master 8 competition.
I still have my hopes that Chloe plays a role on Ash and Serena relationship, if Serena tells her the way she feels for Ash (which is something i see it as a 50/50 possible) it would be cool if she play cupid role by reuniting them and set them in a blind date.
However if there is something that im still sure about is that its very likely that we will have a Ash and Serena centered episode.
Thing is, we don't know exactly what this next "script" Omode is writing. Could be anything. Sure, it can be about another Serena's return (or something involving her returning) but it can also be anything else. It would be nice if at least she handles the Serena return but don't keep your hopes up.
I would love for Ash to kiss Serena to shut up everyone that says that the ship is one-sided. Bonus points if it’s onscreen and on the lips.
Also I really want to see Ash Greninja beat MCX in the Masters 8 now that Alain is confirmed.
We're already lucky enough to get an off-screen kiss courtesy of Yajima and even that had him on the edge. Ash kissing Serena onscreen is the day Half-Life 3 will be confirmed (yeah it's an old joke but I can't come up with a better one m'kay? *sobs*). Would be nice to see something on Ash's side, definitely, but with how JN is, that is still a bit too much for the writers. Closest we can possibly get is an implied date but we'll see.

Someone brought up this in another thread, if she returns and it’s Ash’s final I hope she returns in the final and Ash’s asks her out for a date than it ends :p

I picture Kanto music theme song playing as the official ending song though.
Just the idea of the two of them spending time together and catching up is probably the closest thing to a romantic moment we can get with JN's writing. But the idea of this being Ash's final season is still a wishful thinking at this time. Who knows what anipoke will come up next just to keep him as the main character.

TBH, I'm ready for him to retire as the main character and wouldn't mind if he just become a recurring character while new MCs are introduced. Heck, make Goh and Koharu the main characters of the next season while Ash spends time with Serena on a journey offscreen, that would be fine too.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Omode never said she was working on a serena episode. If anything she was most likely talking about the greninja and raihan ep, that are important episodes that built up ash’s entry to M8.

cf16polo

As much i would love this (since i actually was the one that came with that theory hahah), i think u didnt explain myself properly, i didnt say It in a way to declare that since the end of Kalos Ash have romantic feelings for her, but as a way to "taste" or "to find out" how does he feel for her, i mean he knows or at least Is aware that serena have feelings for him that are different that just friendship or at least are strongest than how he usually feel for others, thats why this Time he must be the one that kisses her in order to find out how he feels for her.
That could either be something bad or something good i mean, It could be bad if he actually doesnt feel for her any different compared to how he feels for any other female friend and that would end every expectation we have that we ever see them as a couple (but at least any expectation about what we see for them in the future would also end) or in the other hand that could also mean that he develops feelings for her and see her the same way she sees him (although he would still act childish when he hang with her or would start acting awkward similar on how she acted shy when she was close to him) some might argue that this would be out of character and of course thats true, but also It represent a growth in his personality and a proof that they must finally Let him grow both in personality and age.

Morax

King of heroes
It doesn’t even have to be that elaborate. Just have her say something like “you were really cool back there Ash!” and make him blush. But of course, even that is too ‘complicated’ for this anime lmao.

cf16polo

It doesn’t even have to be that elaborate. Just have her say something like “you were really cool back there Ash!” and make him blush. But of course, even that is too ‘complicated’ for this anime lmao.
Well, she said the episode was "hot" and as much as we know Pokémon Is not into romantic stuff, serena saying that wouldnt be enough to make honor to the statement Akemi omode Made.

After JN (assuming Ash becomes world monarch) he travels with Serena (who became the top coordinator of contest lives or contests) as they defend their titles. Ash uses ALL of his old Pokémon against top trainers as he defends he title while realizing that he is falling in love with Serena. The series resolves plot points such as Ash’s dad and Team Rocket and at the end of the series we get a time skip and Ash and Serena’s kid becomes the protagonist with Ash mentoring them.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
After JN (assuming Ash becomes world monarch) he travels with Serena (who became the top coordinator of contest lives or contests) as they defend their titles. Ash uses ALL of his old Pokémon against top trainers as he defends he title while realizing that he is falling in love with Serena. The series resolves plot points such as Ash’s dad and Team Rocket and at the end of the series we get a time skip and Ash and Serena’s kid becomes the protagonist with Ash mentoring them.
As cool as that sounds, I don't seem them doing this or making it last for a full series. If Ash does win, perhaps the best case scenario is a couple of episodes with Serena at the end of the series and a timeskip/retirement for Ash's character. If he's established as the best trainer in the world, I'm not sure what else they'd feel they need to have him do.

Heekful

I have a question for a couple of topics:

1. If Serena does return in JN (with a bunch of other characters), how do you see it being handled, given the tone of the series? Would it be super overt like it was in XY or shown through more subtle comments or displays of emotion from Serena?

2. If Serena doesn't actually return in the remainder of JN, how do you think their reunion in JN105 will be looked back on as time passes? Would it be enough to make you drop pairing Ash as a whole with anyone if even with all the promotion Ash/Serena got during XY was ultimately swept under the rug?

Now that the Masters 8 got revealed and seeing how crowded it looks, I don't feel like there's room for a potential second episode for Serena since there's ~20-25 episodes left (not counting potential week breaks which will most likely happen 4 or 5 times till November).

Once the Top 8 starts (still hasn't started as of JN111) they'll need like 10-15 episodes about the battles (maybe even more), 2-3 for Koharu sub plot and 2-3 for Goh sub plot. I hope I'm wrong but it seems unrealistic to me that they'll have room to make another episode about Serena, don't forget that Brock and Misty have to appear as well because there's no way they won't have at least one episode focused on them, they're the OGs.

Now if it ends like this and JN105 really was the only Serena focused episode we could get after 6 years, as a Serena fan I will be satisfied as it was ALL I wanted back in October 2016 (meeting Lisia, becoming a top Coordinator in Hoenn, becoming a more mature character etc...) but as an Amourshipper I don't know how I'll feel because the Ash and Serena reunion was still very short to me no matter how you look at it... I guess it will depend on how JN ends, if it ends like every others series and Ash is back for the SV anime I still will support the shipping of course as it will always be the only one that was completely intended by the staff but I won't have any big hopes for the future, it will just confirm that Ash will always be 10.

D

Deleted member 384931

You know, I am not sure, even as a (Amour)shipper, why they decided to set up Ash and Serena. It is not like they do much with it in the long run. Right now, I honestly have a no clue how to feel about the pairing. And even if they want to "friendzone" them (which I would understand, since Pokémon changes genres,directors and normally characters return once again) they kinda did a terrible job in JN105, in my opinion. I always liked about Ash and Serena's interactions is that they support each other, which was show in JN105 again, tho. They gave it a romantic atmosphere,why?

I know Pokémon isnt supposed to be about romance, but they really try to shove romantic theme in from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
You know, I am not sure, even as a (Amour)shipper, why they decided to set up Ash and Serena. It is not like they do much with it in the long run. What I always liked about Ash and Serena's interactions is that they support each other. tho. Right now, I honestly have a no clue how to feel about the pairing. And even if they want to "friendzone" them (which I would understand, since Pokémon changes genres,directors and normally characters return once again) they kinda did a terrible job in JN105, in my opinion. They gave it a romantic atmosphere,why? I know Pokémon isnt supposed to be about romance, but they really try to shove romantic theme in from time to time.
You have a point lol I mean part of what made AmourShipping so magical in the first place was how unexpected it was for the anime to have any romance subplot at all. Why they did it I guess we can speculate at but we'll never know for sure. What we do know is that this is where we are and if we like the pairing, we might as well celebrate its special place in the canon.

As for "friendzoning" them in JN105, I'm not convinced that was the intent. They very specifically wanted to keep their interaction limited and leave the viewer asking what-ifs, while having Ash and Serena very focused on each other as soon as they saw each other. It's not exactly a good way to kill a pairing if that was what they meant to do.

D

Deleted member 384931

You have a point lol I mean part of what made AmourShipping so magical in the first place was how unexpected it was for the anime to have any romance subplot at all. Why they did it I guess we can speculate at but we'll never know for sure. What we do know is that this is where we are and if we like the pairing, we might as well celebrate its special place in the canon.

As for "friendzoning" them in JN105, I'm not convinced that was the intent. They very specifically wanted to keep their interaction limited and leave the viewer asking what-ifs, while having Ash and Serena very focused on each other as soon as they saw each other. It's not exactly a good way to kill a pairing if that was what they meant to do.
Like, I would get that if they wanted to friendzone them. Just brush over and forget in the long run of the anime, if they didnt intend doing something with it. The fact they made their 30 second reunion having a romantic atmosphere including a sunset, sparkling eyes,dreams and support is kinda baffling to me.

Now that the Masters 8 got revealed and seeing how crowded it looks, I don't feel like there's room for a potential second episode for Serena since there's ~20-25 episodes left (not counting potential week breaks which will most likely happen 4 or 5 times till November).

Once the Top 8 starts (still hasn't started as of JN111) they'll need like 10-15 episodes about the battles (maybe even more), 2-3 for Koharu sub plot and 2-3 for Goh sub plot. I hope I'm wrong but it seems unrealistic to me that they'll have room to make another episode about Serena, don't forget that Brock and Misty have to appear as well because there's no way they won't have at least one episode focused on them, they're the OGs.

Now if it ends like this and JN105 really was the only Serena focused episode we could get after 6 years, as a Serena fan I will be satisfied as it was ALL I wanted back in October 2016 (meeting Lisia, becoming a top Coordinator in Hoenn, becoming a more mature character etc...) but as an Amourshipper I don't know how I'll feel because the Ash and Serena reunion was still very short to me no matter how you look at it... I guess it will depend on how JN ends, if it ends like every others series and Ash is back for the SV anime I still will support the shipping of course as it will always be the only one that was completely intended by the staff but I won't have any big hopes for the future, it will just confirm that Ash will always be 10.
The Amourshipping is just a bonus. I’m interested to see if the anime will actually give all of Ashs Pokemon (including Butterfree, Pidgeot) spotlight

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
they'll need like 10-15 episodes about the battles (maybe even more), 2-3 for Koharu sub plot and 2-3 for Goh sub plot.
You're being way too generous.

There's 27 episode slots between 110 (Goh's final trial?) and a mid-November Friday (assuming that's the time-frame for SV's release).

Out of those, Goh's finale will probably be a 2-parter at most, Chloe will only get 1 episode (assuming she even gets one and it's not just mixed in with the post-M8). M8 itself doesn't need many episodes, 2 for QF, 2 for SF and 3-4 for Finals with 1 M8 introduction and 3 breathers or so. Count out post-M8 (3-4 episodes at most), the upcoming Alola and Paul episodes; they still have half a dozen episodes at the least to stretch with.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
At this point, I think it's really hard to estimate both the number of episodes remaining and the number of episodes that the M8 will use up. The M8 rules appear to limit battles to 3v3 based on this week's episode, so it might not take more than 10 episodes to wrap things up in the tournament. We also don't know how many double episodes they have planned.

Brock has already appeared. He was featured in the 4-part Amazon Prime special and had a cameo in the TRio episode last month.

Like, I would get that if they wanted to friendzone them. Just brush over and forget in the long run of the anime, if they didnt intend doing something with it. The fact they made their 30 second reunion having a romantic atmosphere including a sunset, sparkling eyes,dreams and support is kinda baffling to me.
Why is that baffling? They had to limit the interaction to prevent Amourshipping from completely overshadowing Chloe's arc, and they still needed to convey how important they are to each other.

I look at this as a setup. JN hasn't done anything by accident, and they have been leaning very heavily on the foreshadowing button all season. There drop hints for returns and set up future arcs regularly. I don't see any exceptions here.

D

Deleted member 384931

They had to limit the interaction to prevent Amourshipping from completely overshadowing Chloe's arc, and they still needed to convey how important they are to each other.
I see it like this: they had to do it in 30 seconds, cause they don't know what else to do with the two.

Bendicion

Water Master
don't forget that Brock and Misty have to appear as well because there's no way they won't have at least one episode focused on them, they're the OGs.
Really hope that you're right, although Brock has already appeared this series too much, so Misty needs to come back by herself to be honest. Shes the only one left who hasn't appeared yet and I'm worried because time is running out. At least Serena appeared already and I'm happy with what she got.

Last edited:

Heekful

It's not that hard to come up with things for them to do together as a pair, from a narrative standpoint. The problem is them not fully deciding to commit to it yet.

I mean, it's telling that they had to use a third party to obnoxiously stall the two from meeting. It's telling the audience that had the two met and been given more time, they'd have gone further.

Or they're just really afraid about that kiss let's be real lol, at first a lot of people thought it was the reason why Serena didn't come back despite her huge popularity. While it was proven wrong last month, the fact that they had to make their reunion very short in her return episode and use Wallace as a way to make them not meet for too long just confirm even more that they don't know what to do because of the kiss.

That's another reason why I always wanted Yajima to handle a Serena return episode, he's the only one that can finish what he started, Tomiyasu is just too afraid about romance, like Iwane said not a long time ago the only one that can decide if Serena will come back again is HIM and only him and this is not looking good at the moment.

D

Deleted member 384931

Really hope that you're right, although Brock has already appeared this series too much, so Misty needs to come back by herself to be honest. Shes the only one left who hasn't appeared yet and I'm worried because time is running out. At least Serena appeared already and I'm happy with what she got.
Honestly, I am kinda afraid they dont know what to do with her individually. And I fear she will be paired with Brock again, just because it is easy.