• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

cf16polo

Have You ever thought about the posibility for an amourshipping movie? I mean just like with Naruto Shippuden when the main story ended, a few months later they released "the last: naruto the movie" which was basically a NarutoxHinata shipping movie, however i see 3 Big problems for scenario:
1.- while none of those animes (Naruto and Pokémon), are love centered stories, Naruto have a different market more focused in teenagers which is different compared to Pokémon which is more focused in kids, so it's easier to tell that kind of love stories in a movie where the Target are teenagers compared to one where the target are kids.
2.- Just like with Naruto, there should be a time skip in the story to make ash more mature and Focus other things besides Pokémon or battles, in this case he would have to be at least 20 Years old.
3.- Ash would have to have reached his goal of becoming a Pokémon Master, since it would be pointless to tell an amourshipping movie, if he has not reached his original goal.
To be honest i see the possibility of a movie like this as something extremely unlikely to happen, however if JN have taught us something is that they have broken a lot of "unwritten rules for the anime" such as giving Ash fan favorite Pokemons such as dragonite, Gengar and Lucario, a mega stone and the oportunity to participate in a world championship which compared to a league, it represents the pinacle of what you would expect in his adventure, so after this there is nothing else to Challenge.
If we take in consideration that compared to previous seasons this is the one with the highest chances to be Ash's last generation, i would not completely scrap the idea that an amourshipping movie would be the perfect farewell to bring his adventure to its end, by passing the torch to the next generation, anyway what you all think about this?

Lol, all these talks about retconning Serena's feelings and the kiss is what made me worried and lowered my expectations for the future of the ship in the first place. Made me wish that Serena just didn't appear in JN105, and the Sylveon that showed up is from Lisia and/or some random CoTD. Makes it easier to hope for the ship's future more that way, lmao
Yeah, because it wasn't a good episode for Serena and the ship. I originally described it as an incredibly bad version of the XYZ ending because that's what it was.

Only way it works is if this wasn't the only episode where she returns, but you know my feelings about the likelihood of that happening.

Last edited:

AARTX

Dead inside…
Lol, all these talks about retconning Serena's feelings and the kiss is what made me worried and lowered my expectations for the future of the ship in the first place.

Made me wish that Serena just didn't appear in JN105, and the Sylveon that showed up is from Lisia and/or some random CoTD. Makes it easier to hope for the ship's future more that way, lmao
If they are fine with omitting a crucial aspect of a show (for whatever reason that is) then its pretty understandable to fear for the state of the ship.

So far the general consensus of the japanese fanbase is that they are saving them for later. But JN has made a lot of questionable decisions you can’t help but feel frustrated kekw

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
If they are fine with omitting a crucial aspect of a show (for whatever reason that is) then its pretty understandable to fear for the state of the ship.

So far the general consensus of the japanese fanbase is that they are saving them for later. But JN has made a lot of questionable decisions you can’t help but feel frustrated kekw
I wonder how those fans will react if this really ends up being all that we get out of Serena, outside of maybe seeing her watching the battle from Hoenn.

AARTX

Dead inside…
I wonder how those fans will react if this really ends up being all that we get out of Serena, outside of maybe seeing her watching the battle from Hoenn.
Hope that the next season addresses it xD. The only other thing that comes out of this is that the hikari/dawn fans in Japan have bragging rights now LMAO

Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if they made Lillie fall for Ash too

Hyuuga28

Hope that the next season addresses it xD. The only other thing that comes out of this is that the hikari/dawn fans in Japan have bragging rights now LMAO

If you want to be technical, Iris has the biggest advantage here. She got an episode with them together battling, and she will be present in the M8 alongside him, likely being there to cheer for him after she loses.

But I'd like to imagine all the past companions would show up, if this is truly the end for Ash, which I wouldn't put too much money on anyway.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Have You ever thought about the posibility for an amourshipping movie? I mean just like with Naruto Shippuden when the main story ended, a few months later they released "the last: naruto the movie" which was basically a NarutoxHinata shipping movie, however i see 3 Big problems for scenario:
1.- while none of those animes (Naruto and Pokémon), are love centered stories, Naruto have a different market more focused in teenagers which is different compared to Pokémon which is more focused in kids, so it's easier to tell that kind of love stories in a movie where the Target are teenagers compared to one where the target are kids.
2.- Just like with Naruto, there should be a time skip in the story to make ash more mature and Focus other things besides Pokémon or battles, in this case he would have to be at least 20 Years old.
3.- Ash would have to have reached his goal of becoming a Pokémon Master, since it would be pointless to tell an amourshipping movie, if he has not reached his original goal.
To be honest i see the possibility of a movie like this as something extremely unlikely to happen, however if JN have taught us something is that they have broken a lot of "unwritten rules for the anime" such as giving Ash fan favorite Pokemons such as dragonite, Gengar and Lucario, a mega stone and the oportunity to participate in a world championship which compared to a league, it represents the pinacle of what you would expect in his adventure, so after this there is nothing else to Challenge.
If we take in consideration that compared to previous seasons this is the one with the highest chances to be Ash's last generation, i would not completely scrap the idea that an amourshipping movie would be the perfect farewell to bring his adventure to its end, by passing the torch to the next generation, anyway what you all think about this?
lmao, we were talking about this earlier. Though our idea for an amourshipping is something that is not canon to the anime as to severe any tie-ins due to how inconsistent the direction of the anime currently. Which is why I brought up the Yajimaverse idea since Yajima can get away with it for any future movies he make. Seriously tho, AU Ash is so much closer to XY Ash more than SM and JN Ash that at times, it makes me feel like XY is the disconnected continuity with the anime and considering that it was directed by Yajima, I wouldn't be surprised if the movies are the more direct continuity of XY.
lol, that is how I feel right now tbh, with what is happening to JN, I can't help but to get frustrated for any chances of Serena returning one more time and even by then, it has to be worth it in a sense that they address something about Amourshipping. The ambiguity that JN105 has left us (minus the supposed symoblisms) really adds to that frustration of waiting.

Only way it works is if this wasn't the only episode where she returns, but you know my feelings about the likelihood of that happening.
Even by then, Serena returning isn't enough. They should address something amour-related. They can show Serena returning, yes but what are the chances they will address her and Ash.. This is probably the worst wait for an anime season to end in my life, lol.

Pretty sure a lot will be disappointed. The fact that many have already noted the lack of the blue ribbon (which is an important symbol of the ship to many) has already raised concerns to some fans.

y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Ash and Lillie didn't have that many screentime together during SM but when they do, they usually have quality time together and with the way how their farewell went, while it's not in the same level as the kiss, it still in a way romantic on its own depending on how you view it.

Then again, if they do it, that just means that they don't care much for any future of Amourshipping. Just that they like the idea that some main heroines can fall for Ash but doesn't take them into consideration and once they are done with the idea, just retcon them sometime in the future.

But I'd like to imagine all the past companions would show up, if this is truly the end for Ash, which I wouldn't put too much money on anyway.
Please...just...end Ash's journey here. I don't think I can bear any chances of yet another retconning of continuities any further. They've already fleshed him out anyway. I don't want to deal with anymore of this inconsistencies just because they feel like it. I wouldn't count on it either but I would love for his journey to end here. They've already milked him and Pikachu dry far too much anyway.

Last edited:

Hyuuga28

Serena quoting Ash multiple times showing he still is with her in spirit > the blue ribbon.

I get the want to see it, but a fashionable girl like her doesn't need to wear it for the rest of her life. Serena's mom personally gifted her a performance outfit (the same episode she was gifted the blue ribbon) she wore the entire rest XY during her performances...but she doesn't use it anymore. Does that mean she doesn't cherish her mothers gift as much? No.

Last edited:

Epicocity

Constantinople?
I honestly just wanted to see Ash and Serena’s baby and Ash leaving a pregnant Serena for a while upset me. And then the scene where the baby is born felt lackluster to me honestly.
I, too, would find something lackluster if I skipped over the entire story just to get to the scene I wanted to read (which, yes, is what you said when you reviewed at the start of Book 2) and wanted to make the story my own instead of acknowledging what the author was actually trying to convey.

I'm not gonna derail this thread, but next time you have a critique, share it in a review with some justifying points, please.

Speed22

I, too, would find something lackluster if I skipped over the entire story just to get to the scene I wanted to read (which, yes, is what you said when you reviewed at the start of Book 2) and wanted to make the story my own instead of acknowledging what the author was actually trying to convey.

I'm not gonna derail this thread, but next time you have a critique, share it in a review with some justifying points, please.
Well I told him that the scene he wanted to see, wasn't the point of the latest AV trilogy.

Serena quoting Ash multiple times showing he still is with her in spirit > the blue ribbon.

I get the want to see it, but a fashionable girl like her doesn't need to wear it for the rest of her life. Serena's mom personally gifted her a performance outfit (the same episode she was gifted the blue ribbon) she wore the entire rest XY during her performances...but she doesn't use it anymore. Does that mean she doesn't cherish her mothers gift as much? No.
Why do people have to take the most barebones, bog-standard take that the anime should have some basic continuity for what was an incredibly significant representation of the Ash/Serena relationship or at the very least explain what happened to it and stretch to it mean " she has to wear it for the rest of her life? " Jesus, I'm not asking for the episode to revolve around the ribbon or something.

I mean, c'mon. We literally only have this one episode. This isn't XY.

Not to mention the comparison with Serena's mom is a complete non-sequitur. If Serena's mother was a part of the episode the way Ash was, yeah, not mentioning what happened to her original performance outfit would also be bad writing, but she wasn't.

As far as " Serena quoting Ash multiple times " as a significant hint, all it showed to me was that Ash was a companion who had a great amount of influence on her, which was pretty much what the relationship seems like it was boiled down to with the quotes and the pier scene. There was nothing especially romantic about it. The implications of that felt like they were stripped out to me. Like I said originally, it could easily be interpreted as platonic.

There is an argument that it's still a ship hint that I'm willing to pay some lip service to, but comparing it to the ribbon is just personally absurd.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Why do people have to take the most barebones, bog-standard take that the anime should have some basic continuity for what was an incredibly significant representation of the Ash/Serena relationship or at the very least explain what happened to it and stretch to it mean " she has to wear it for the rest of her life? " Jesus, I'm not asking for the episode to revolve around the ribbon or something.

Maybe it's because we notice other things that are in continuity with the series? Serena's episode is riffed with a lot continuity, to the point many fans pick up on the fact she's still in love with Ash.

As far as " Serena quoting Ash multiple times " as a significant hint, all it showed to me was that Ash was a companion who had a great amount of influence on her, which was pretty much what the relationship seems like it was boiled down to with the quotes and the pier scene. There was nothing especially romantic about it. The implications of that felt like they were stripped out to me. Like I said originally, it could easily be interpreted as platonic.
What was it that Serena remembered about Ash at the Summer Camp? Him saying "Don't give up until the end!" She remembers that before the handkerchief. And it's clear those words plus an accidental but kind hug caused her to develop a crush on Ash. So quoting Ash with his words of wisdom is a continuation of that theme.

And it should be noted that Serena's voice was mature when she talks to Chloe... until she saw Ash passing her by. Her voice suddenly reverted back to her XY girlish voice. The shift already tells you so much about Serena's relationship with Ash. Dawn never had a tonal shift when she reunited with Ash.

The only reason people would not see the obvious romance is because they either don't want to recongize romance or that they won't believe that Journeys is this continuity-deep in call backs and lore, especially with XY.

Maybe it's because we notice other things that are in continuity with the series? Serena's episode is riffed with a lot continuity, to the point many fans pick up on the fact she's still in love with Ash.
I don't understand how this is a response to the point? Serena's very appearance in the episode is technically " continuity, " I'm obviously talking about the episode flopping at basic fundamental stuff.
What was it that Serena remembered about Ash at the Summer Camp? Him saying "Don't give up until the end!" She remembers that before the handkerchief. And it's clear those words plus an accidental but kind hug caused her to develop a crush on Ash. So quoting Ash with his words of wisdom is a continuation of that theme.
...Or it could be just the continuation of the theme of Ash being an influence on her. I mentioned in this in my master post, but like I said previously, if you remove the explicit manifestations of the romantic undercurrents with nothing as powerful or significant to replace it, the supposed " subtle " callbacks don't have the same double meaning weight that they previously had. I'm willing to pay lip service to the take that the quotes were some sort of Amour hint/callback, but I'm definitely not going to grant that it was something significant. If you believe that those quotes make up for the zero mention of the ribbon, I just think you're wrong.
And it should be noted that Serena's voice was mature when she talks to Chloe... until she saw Ash passing her by. Her voice suddenly reverted back to her XY girlish voice. The shift already tells you so much about Serena's relationship with Ash. Dawn never had a tonal shift when she reunited with Ash.
Even after all of the repeated viewings, I must have missed this. Yeah, she was definitely excited for sure, but I don't know how it was a reversion to her XY " girlish voice. "
The only reason people would not see the obvious romance is because they either don't want to recongize romance or that they won't believe that Journeys is this continuity-deep in call backs and lore, especially with XY.
Next you'll be telling me Serena's definitely going to get another episode where Amour is more specifically addressed and the AG removal in the flashbacks was just foreshadowing for the AG vs MCX rematch.

More seriously, no, the reason why people aren't seeing the " obvious romance " is because they pick up on the lack of clarity and ambivalence in how the series treated the relationship in the episode. I'm not the only Amour fan who's noticed the ambiguity. It's not really rocket science.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
More seriously, no, the reason why people aren't seeing the " obvious romance " is because they pick up on the lack of clarity and ambivalence in how the series treated the relationship in the episode. It's not really rocket science.
This is pretty much how I feel with regards to how they handled Ash and Serena's 'moment' in this episode. Looking at the whole thing from a non-shipping angle, Serena just seems like a girl who used to have a crush on someone who really inspired her, but has moved on since. Maybe it's not what they were going for, but it sure as hell felt like it.

All of this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and makes me wonder who they were trying to please with this. Most people were content with how Ash and Serena's final conversation ended, and had accepted that an on-screen interaction would never happen between those two again. I have no clue why they decided this was a good idea.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
All of this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and makes me wonder who they were trying to please with this. Most people were content with how Ash and Serena's final conversation ended, and had accepted that an on-screen interaction would never happen between those two again. I have no clue why they decided this was a good idea.
Well the fact that this episode pleased plenty of users here who really disliked Serena and Amourshipping in XY should be a telling tale lol.