• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Heekful

Lillie's return episode is close to be as viewed as Serena's return on the official Japanese Pokemon channel (Serena : 950k views in 7 days before getting deleted vs Lillie : 800k views on the 4th day/7) now watch haters say "Lillie did better than Serena" (if she ends up getting more views at the end) while not mentioning that Serena got 0 promotions for her return at all and it wasn't even 100% focused on her like Lillie lmao

Now, to get back on topic, while seeing the last art of Ashjon on Twitter, I noticed that it was "Kiss day" today in Japan and after checking the Satosere hashtag I saw that apparently, Japanese fans voted Ash and Serena's kiss 4th favorite kiss scene in a famous Japanese website about anime :

Source : https://animeanime.jp/article/2022/05/23/69667.html

@PotSmuggle Correct me if I misunderstood something

Very nice to see how the kiss is still popular in Japan even 5 years later, they'll have to adress it one day or another seeing how iconic the scene still is.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Lillie's return episode is close to be as viewed as Serena's return on the official Japanese Pokemon channel (Serena : 950k views in 7 days before getting deleted vs Lillie : 800k views on the 4th day/7) now watch haters say "Lillie did better than Serena" (if she ends up getting more views at the end) while not mentioning that Serena got 0 promotions for her return at all and it wasn't even 100% focused on her like Lillie lmao
Not to mention this episode's incredibly high production value and exceptional (by JN's standards) writing. It's also specifically written to please the character's fans, while the Serena episode left a lot of people disappointed because of how SatoSere was handled.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if the Lillie episode doesn't surpass Amour, considering how much effort they put into its promotion, writing and animation.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Technically the way every female character have felt for ash was written from the very beginning of each Series, thats exactly why amour became so popular even before that series started, i remember that back in 2013 when the finals episodes for BW were airing (thank god that series was awful hahaha) and they were promotion XY series in TV spots, literally the first spot they gave us where serena appeared was one where she had a flashback of seeing ash when they were kids and that detonated a bomb in the fandom speculating what kind of relationship she and him would have (obviously the staff for that season did it in porpuse to attract people).
The same can be said about any other generation, Ash and misty had a bros relationship (being misty the older one) however in America she had more attention because in the Dub the changed some dialogues to make it looks like if they liked each other.
With May and Ash the situation was the same but this time Ash was the older brother, with Ash and Dawn here it was a bit complicated, some people may look at this relationship as the one ash had with May however as the season progressed there were obvious hints that both could have ended in a relationship (even some characters thought that they were a couple i.e Lyra and Kenny), however nothing happened because they had to make ash lose so he would participate in the next season.
With Iris their relationship is not even as friends, at the most they are at good terms and thats it (anytime they see each other they complain).
And here is where we arrive to Serena, as i said the kind of relationship each pokegirl (except for Dawn´s) would have with ash was written since the beginning of their respective series, and thats why the expectations on XY(Z) last episode were so high, that episode would define if any ship was with ash was worth to support or not, and well with that kiss they proved us that indeed amourshipping was worth to support.
With mallow and lana they had a relationship with ash that was a mix as the one he had with iris and may, they respected him and were friends but thats it, however with lillie it was more like a mix of the relationship ash had with may and serena, he was the source of her inspiration (just like he represented that to may), but also some of her behavior could have been interpreted as if she felt something for him (just like what happened with serena), however it was more because he helped her overcome her fear for Pokemon than anything else, of course shes thankfull for that but thats what he represented for her, a source of inspiration to be brave and courage.
In any case, if Ash had actual posibilities to be in a relationship with any of these Pokegirls they would have had teased it from the very beginning of their respective series.
Thats why if Ash doesnt end up together with Serena its extremely unlikely that he will ever do it with someone else.
Funny enough, I remember seeing the trailer for XY back in 2013 with Ash and Serena holding hands during a childhood flashback. Never crossed my mind that anything romantic was implied back then. It wasn't until XY002 that I realized something may be up with Serena when she saw Ash on the TV and when she had a flashback of Ash as a kid. Though it didn't made me a shipper at that time but I was paying attention to what could possibly happen since then. Then XY007 happened, which still holds to as one of my all time favorite episodes, not just in XY but for the entirety of the Pokémon anime. The hug, the music (in OG Japanese dub), everything was perfectly executed during the flashback that and the way Serena thanked Ash at the end of the episode really convinced me that she has a crush on him and since then, I've been a full amourshipper. I also remember after that episode aired, I stumbled upon the very first Amourshipping thread in this site (with my old account that I can no longer access). Ah good times, good times.

Now, to get back on topic, while seeing the last art of Ashjon on Twitter, I noticed that it was "Kiss day" today in Japan and after checking the Satosere hashtag I saw that apparently, Japanese fans voted Ash and Serena's kiss 4th favorite kiss scene in a famous Japanese website about anime :

Source : https://animeanime.jp/article/2022/05/23/69667.html

@PotSmuggle Correct me if I misunderstood something

Very nice to see how the kiss is still popular in Japan even 5 years later, they'll have to adress it one day or another seeing how iconic the scene still is.
Aww, NagisaxKaede taking the 3rd spot, finally some recognition for one of my favorite anime ships.

While on 4th place, still nice to see that Ash and Serena's kiss still had recognition even after all these years. If I remember correctly, it was on 3rd back in 2018, 8th place on 2019, 10th place on 2020 and unfortunately, it dropped to 18th place in 2021. Considering that it suddenly skyrocketed to 4th place, I would assume that the interest with the kissing scene was boosted thanks to the sudden appearance of Serena since JN105.

btw, here are some link to the polls for the anime kiss scenes of the past years if you are interested:

2018> https://animeanime.jp/article/2018/05/23/37857.html
2019> https://animeanime.jp/article/2019/05/23/45653.html
2020> https://animeanime.jp/article/2020/05/23/53835.html
2021> https://animeanime.jp/article/2021/05/23/61485.html
2022> https://animeanime.jp/article/2022/05/23/69667.html

Last edited:

Hyuuga28

Maybe I'm blind, but do we know how many people voted on these polls?

Edit: Nvm, found an article on CR. Apparently it was only 287 or so.

Last edited:

Heekful

Not to mention this episode's incredibly high production value and exceptional (by JN's standards) writing. It's also specifically written to please the character's fans, while the Serena episode left a lot of people disappointed because of how SatoSere was handled.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if the Lillie episode doesn't surpass Amour, considering how much effort they put into its promotion, writing and animation.

True ! On top of all this promotion for the Lillie episode , the Mohn quest was also teased since the end of SM and was teased again in JN so I would be surprised if it doesn’t beat the no promotion Serena episode but you know the haters will use this to hate on Serena as usual without even using their brain, the views Serena did without any promotion and with half the episode dedicated to Chloe/Koharu is legendary. Almost 1M in a week.

Aww, NagisaxKaede taking the 3rd spot, finally some recognition for one of my favorite anime ships.

While on 4th place, still nice to see that Ash and Serena's kiss still had recognition even after all these years. If I remember correctly, it was on 3rd back in 2018, 8th place on 2019, 10th place on 2020 and unfortunately, it dropped to 18th place in 2021. Considering that it suddenly skyrocketed to 4th place, I would assume that the interest with the kissing scene was boosted thanks to the sudden appearance of Serena since JN105.

btw, here are some link to the polls for the anime kiss scenes of the past years if you are interested:

2018> https://animeanime.jp/article/2018/05/23/37857.html
2019> https://animeanime.jp/article/2019/05/23/45653.html
2020> https://animeanime.jp/article/2020/05/23/53835.html
2021> https://animeanime.jp/article/2021/05/23/61485.html
2022> https://animeanime.jp/article/2022/05/23/69667.html

I didn’t know it was done once a year my bad I thought it was completely new, however, it’s amazing how a brief 30 sec reunion skyrocketed the kiss from 18th to almost top 3, imagine what would happen if they do a full episode focused about Ash and Serena meeting again…

Satoshi no masara

I know some of us were left concerned and some are disappointed with the lack of Amourshipping moments but I was never under the impression that the episode disappointed a lot of people and in fact the other way around. Of course, there are those who are left wondering and hoping to see Serena again, especially having more time with Ash but overall, this episode left positive impression to many viewers considering the surprise cameo.

y'know it's funny that we're calling JN105 as a Serena episode despite it being centered around Chloe and Eevee, lol. Really goes to show you how much impact Serena has left to her fans.
I didn’t know it was done once a year my bad I thought it was completely new, however, it’s amazing how a brief 30 sec reunion skyrocketed the kiss from 18th to almost top 3, imagine what would happen if they do a full episode focused about Ash and Serena meeting again…
All good! I really feel that JN105 sparked interest with the kiss scene again and many seem to wonder why it wasn't brought up since Serena's reunion with Ash but considering the short their reunion was, there's really not much time to address it.

Many are still hopeful for another possible reunion with Ash and hopeful that the kiss will be addressed at some point. Though we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
If your so concerned about that might as well consider the other official upload that‘s done every week on the TV tokyo channel, where the serena episode got 300k which was the true oddity.

Even the greninja ep that got 1.2 mil on the pokemon channel didn‘t break 200k on the TV tokyo upload.

Hey guys! I’m working on an Amourshipping fanfic called The Ultimate Journey that details Ash’s journey to becoming a Pokemon Master, from Alola to Galar. It will be on ff.net.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
The higher ups are the same, there are still a lot of veteran staff still around and most of them are the ones who primarily dealt with Amour episodes, Tomiyasu was part of the XY team, Yajima is still around etc. Amour goes way beyond OLM, it's a TPC thing.
I get it, but otherwise i doubt it will happening what cricketlaxwolvesbandy wrote.
Because a bit of "falling in love" was like a nice springboard from fights and battles of pokemon in the XY series - this is how I perceive my attention.
It happened similarly later in the SM series as the little sisters trolled Lana, so it's a rather small addition to the main storyline.
It had happened much before then the same thing with Misty.

So I should rather not discuss this topic here, because this topic is not my specialty. I'm not a fan of amourshipping, sorry.

Satoshi no masara

Hey guys! I’m working on an Amourshipping fanfic called The Ultimate Journey that details Ash’s journey to becoming a Pokemon Master, from Alola to Galar. It will be on ff.net.
Hey, best of luck to your fanfic! Maybe I should also start writing a fanfic myself. I've had this AU idea for a fanfic for a long time where Ash travels with Serena and the story follows the XY game's plot and they have a friendly rivalry to compete to become the Kalos champion. Ash will also be traveling with Shauna, Tierno , Trevor and Calem (no love rivalry between Ash and Calem tho since I'm shipping Calem with Shauna). Similar to the anime, Ash and Serena will also be meeting during their childhood and Serena falls in love with Ash but the Serena in this story is much more competitive and more battle oriented.

I know I said Ash will be traveling with Shauna, Calem, Tierno and Trevor in this fanfic of mine but in reality, it will be mostly just Ash and Serena alone and they'll stumble upon the rest along the way (just like in the games). Clemont and Bonnie will also travel for a while with Ash and Serena but unlike in the anime, they won't be regular traveling companions.

I've also had this idea taken inspiration from the manga/anime Love After World Domination where Ash is a Pokémon ranger and Serena is working for Team Flare and they use each other's experiences in their field to help out one another accomplish their goals. The only difference is that both are unaware of each other's profession until much later in the story.

Anyway, I don't have a creative mind and I tend to procrastinate most of the time so I don't think I can work on these stories anytime soon, lol. But hey, if anyone's interested in picking up these ideas, feel free to do so.

Last edited:
Alright, back to finish up my prior reply here.
No, it doesn't. She could have just had it on, and people who have stuck around since XY would pick up on it immediately without needing a bunch of details regardless if her mother appeared or not. But she didn't have it on and that's fine, because you can be sure she loves her mother just as much. If you want to believe that the ribbon is the be all end all, then we'll have to agree to disagree.
Yes it does. Again, I hold the exact same principle that I do for the ribbon with the dress, the difference here is her mother wasn't mentioned at all. If she was, it would have been absolutely bad character writing for the episode to not address the dress change.
I'm not trying to be mean here, but the TRUE value that Serena received from Ash was wanting to be a person like him and embodying that to pass on to others. The ribbon is the least concerning thing about how their reunion was handled, that being how it was purposely avoided almost entirely and having the ribbon on her hat or wherever wouldn't have really helped a 30 second exchange of "how do you do's/it's been a while/welp time to go!" Because then there'd still be, "why didn't she blush when she saw him??" "Why didn't they mention the kiss? Was it retconned!?".
I have no idea why you're explaining an incredibly obvious assertion about the Ash/Serena relationship. I have multiple problems with the episode, the fact that it was purposefully shafted is just another one of them. The removal of the ribbon is fundamentally the biggest problem because the most important thing for a return episode to do is to keep the prior character intact.

Similarly, I have no idea why you moved to ghost positions of mine. Nowhere in any of my posts have I mentioned the kiss or her blushing being a necessary element of her return.

Last edited:

SatoSere

WOW! Among all existing canonical couples of the anime world. Everybody are very excited that Satoshi and Serena is a canonical love couple who express their lives, thoughts, actions and feelings in their romantic relationship touching the hearts of the fandom and the world.

Speed22

WOW! Among all existing canonical couples of the anime world. Everybody are very excited that Satoshi and Serena is a canonical love couple who express their lives, thoughts, actions and feelings in their romantic relationship touching the hearts of the fandom and the world.
I appreciate your hustle and enthusiasm.

Not yet

cf16polo

Hey guys as lillie mentioned to Ash that she and gladion have been watching all of his battles in PWC, do u think that the same could have happened to Serena?
I mean we know that when they briefly reunited, Ash told her that he was competing in that tournament but how actually possible do you think that she already knew about that way before and also have been watching all of his combats in secret?
Come on, we are talking about a girl that have a crush on a boy, stuff like this is actually possible but if there is something i would love to see is her been either watching some of his matches in the masterclass or at least in TV.
What do u all think about this? Do u think she will go and support him in the finals or just watch his match on TV?
We still need that amourshipping episode when they both have a time together. :mad::mad::mad:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Serena probably watched his promotion match, especially since Ash told her that he was competing. I don’t think she would do it in secret, though.

I also think that she will show up to watch the finals person, especially if other companions/friends show up as well.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Hey guys as lillie mentioned to Ash that she and gladion have been watching all of his battles in PWC, do u think that the same could have happened to Serena?
I mean we know that when they briefly reunited, Ash told her that he was competing in that tournament but how actually possible do you think that she already knew about that way before and also have been watching all of his combats in secret?
Come on, we are talking about a girl that have a crush on a boy, stuff like this is actually possible but if there is something i would love to see is her been either watching some of his matches in the masterclass or at least in TV.
What do u all think about this? Do u think she will go and support him in the finals or just watch his match on TV?
We still need that amourshipping episode when they both have a time together. :mad::mad::mad:
I honestly don't have a shred of a doubt that Serena is watching any of his matches that she can. I don't think she was secretly watching his matches though. She's been on her own journey in Hoenn, was probably unaware he was competing (knowing her she would've wished him luck long ago if she knew) and many of the matches before their meeting don't seem like they were televised anyways. But now that she knows and especially now that Ash is competing in the top 8, I'm sure that she's been watching. Heck, we know because of Dawn calling Ash earlier in the series that there are little interactions and ways the characters keep in touch that we don't get to see on-screen unless it's relevant to the plot. If Dawn and Ash can exchange numbers and presumably be calling each other off-screen, it wouldn't be so far-fetched to think that Ash and Serena have been sending each other words of encouragement before each of their competitions.

cf16polo

I honestly don't have a shred of a doubt that Serena is watching any of his matches that she can. I don't think she was secretly watching his matches though. She's been on her own journey in Hoenn, was probably unaware he was competing (knowing her she would've wished him luck long ago if she knew) and many of the matches before their meeting don't seem like they were televised anyways. But now that she knows and especially now that Ash is competing in the top 8, I'm sure that she's been watching. Heck, we know because of Dawn calling Ash earlier in the series that there are little interactions and ways the characters keep in touch that we don't get to see on-screen unless it's relevant to the plot. If Dawn and Ash can exchange numbers and presumably be calling each other off-screen, it wouldn't be so far-fetched to think that Ash and Serena have been sending each other words of encouragement before each of their competitions.
The thing with Ash and dawn, is that their relationship is complex, since it could be interpreted as a best friend relationship or an almost couple relationship, to the point that some characters such as lyra have thought that they were a couple and even Kenny has been jealous of ash ( behind amour, pearlshipping is the couple with both the biggest fanbase in the show and with the highest chances to become Canon), also they had the chance to exchange phone numbers off-screen to keep in touch, something Ash and serena didnt do.
The only possiblity i see is that chloe and serena exchanged phone numbers off-screen and she has been in charge to give Serena any news on what Ash has been doing in PWC.
I want to see serena rooting for Ash in the stadium but it's extremely likely that if She's there, every other previous companions Will also be there, so her interactions with him would be minnimal.

Satoshi no masara

It's likely that we'll see Serena watching the opening ceremony of the PWC though I'm hoping we'll get more than that but for now, it's very likely that she and the rest of Ash's friends are going to be shown watching. Even Tracey was there during the preview.

I also think that Serena wasn't aware of Ash's current goal until their brief reunion but knowing that the Alola gang have watched his battle against Raihan, I'm positive she also saw that match.