• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
The thing with Ash and dawn, is that their relationship is complex, since it could be interpreted as a best friend relationship or an almost couple relationship, to the point that some characters such as lyra have thought that they were a couple and even Kenny has been jealous of ash ( behind amour, pearlshipping is the couple with both the biggest fanbase in the show and with the highest chances to become Canon), also they had the chance to exchange phone numbers off-screen to keep in touch, something Ash and serena didnt do.
The only possiblity i see is that chloe and serena exchanged phone numbers off-screen and she has been in charge to give Serena any news on what Ash has been doing in PWC.
I want to see serena rooting for Ash in the stadium but it's extremely likely that if She's there, every other previous companions Will also be there, so her interactions with him would be minnimal.
I didn't mean to compare Ash's relationships with Dawn and Serena, only to point out that there's precedent for Ash to exchange numbers and communicate with his friends off-screen. The route I would imagine is that Serena exchanged numbers with Chloe as you said, and then after it was obvious Serena, Ash and Chloe all mutually knew each other, Chloe would've given Serena's number to Ash and/or Ash's number to Serena so they could communicate directly.

cf16polo

I didn't mean to compare Ash's relationships with Dawn and Serena, only to point out that there's precedent for Ash to exchange numbers and communicate with his friends off-screen. The route I would imagine is that Serena exchanged numbers with Chloe as you said, and then after it was obvious Serena, Ash and Chloe all mutually knew each other, Chloe would've given Serena's number to Ash and/or Ash's number to Serena so they could communicate directly.
Tbh this is the only possible route i can think about, i mean i dont know how mature Serena became after parting ways with ash and how open she has been about the way she feels for him with others, i can think about 2 ways that she can get Ash phone´s number from chloe.
1.- Chloe is the one that offers it to her, either because she wants Serena to be in touch with ash so he will let her know about how he its being doing in PWC or because Chloe already knows the way Serena feels for Ash and wants to bring them closer.
2.- Serena is the one that ask for Ash´s phone number, this could go in any of these 2 ways, the first one is that serena straightfully states to Chloe that she loves him and wants to know how he is doing (Chloe have a shock here haha) and after that chloe both gives her his number and start shipping them (of course all this happens off-screen), the other way is that Chole doesnt ask many questions and she just gives Serena Ash phone number as if it wasnt a big deal (she would think that they just have a friendship relationship as the one Ash have with Dawn).
Any of these cases are possible, but still we need an amourshipping episode and it would be pretty nice if Chloe is the one that brings them together.
Serena is no longer anymore a insecure girl, so her opening up to Chloe about the way she feels for Ash i see it as a 50/50 possibility.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Tbh this is the only possible route i can think about, i mean i dont know how mature Serena became after parting ways with ash and how open she has been about the way she feels for him with others, i can think about 2 ways that she can get Ash phone´s number from chloe.
1.- Chloe is the one that offers it to her, either because she wants Serena to be in touch with ash so he will let her know about how he its being doing in PWC or because Chloe already knows the way Serena feels for Ash and wants to bring them closer.
2.- Serena is the one that ask for Ash´s phone number, this could go in any of these 2 ways, the first one is that serena straightfully states to Chloe that she loves him and wants to know how he is doing (Chloe have a shock here haha) and after that chloe both gives her his number and start shipping them (of course all this happens off-screen), the other way is that Chole doesnt ask many questions and she just gives Serena Ash phone number as if it wasnt a big deal (she would think that they just have a friendship relationship as the one Ash have with Dawn).
Any of these cases are possible, but still we need an amourshipping episode and it would be pretty nice if Chloe is the one that brings them together.
Serena is no longer anymore a insecure girl, so her opening up to Chloe about the way she feels for Ash i see it as a 50/50 possibility.
I mean those options are probable but it must still be addressed in the anime just like how it's confirmed that SM gang are actually watching Ash's match off-screen. I just wish the writers aren't forgetting that long-distance communication with friends are a thing now that Ash has a phone or rather, a Rotom-phone.

Take this with a grain of salt but I’m hearing that Serena (and May) will be surprise guests in the masters 8. What this means for Amourshipping, idk. But it’s giving me hope.
I hope Max shows up too (in person) if this is true! But I’m shocked about this because of the situation with May’s VA.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’m taking that with a grain of salt. I’d like to think that Ash’s friends and family will show up to cheer him on, and I would consider it a big miss by the show if they didn’t. But we’ll see. We have a long summer ahead of us, and anything can happen.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Take this with a grain of salt but I’m hearing that Serena (and May) will be surprise guests in the masters 8. What this means for Amourshipping, idk. But it’s giving me hope.
I hope Max shows up too (in person) if this is true! But I’m shocked about this because of the situation with May’s VA.
May probably doesn't have a speaking role if she does appear. I can see see Serena there as well as other companions and past characters.

I’m taking that with a grain of salt. I’d like to think that Ash’s friends and family will show up to cheer him on, and I would consider it a big miss by the show if they didn’t. But we’ll see. We have a long summer ahead of us, and anything can happen.
Yeah I hope ALL of Ash’s companions cheer him on at the M8. Then again this is from THE leaker.

Heekful

Who said that ? If it's the tweet you posted right after, yes, this twitter user is trust worthy (they are actually the first one who leaked the animedia Serena Lisia & Koharu poster I was here when they posted it until it got deleted) but remember that they sometimes just give their own opinion as opposed to leak something and here it seems like that they were just asking themselves about those "surprise characters" more than actually leaking informations.

So yeah nothing confirmed and now we know that there's like 15-20 episodes left so I don't know how you'll fit Serena into this, if she ever comes back it won't be the Amour focused episode everyone is waiting for but most likely a small cameo (would be hyped to see May even if it's a silent cameo as well, been waiting for 14 years now lol).

Who said that ? If it's the tweet you posted right after, yes, this twitter user is trust worthy (they are actually the first one who leaked the animedia Serena Lisia & Koharu poster I was here when they posted it until it got deleted) but remember that they sometimes just give their own opinion as opposed to leak something and here it seems like that they were just asking themselves about those "surprise characters" more than actually leaking informations.

So yeah nothing confirmed and now we know that there's like 15-20 episodes left so I don't know how you'll fit Serena into this, if she ever comes back it won't be the Amour focused episode everyone is waiting for but most likely a small cameo (would be hyped to see May even if it's a silent cameo as well, been waiting for 14 years now lol).
Serena better interact with Ash if this is true. Then again I didn’t think she would show up at all after JN105 because “they’re running out of time” but JN managed to squeeze Serena, Greninja, Clemont, Bonnie, and Paul within ten episodes

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
That's the same leaker who leaked Serena's return though I think they are also just making a prediction here. The whole "surprised characters" could also be anyone beside Serena and May. Of course, I want Serena to be one of them but we'll see.

Anyway, not that I'm trying to add any hopes for expectations or anything but these are some of upcoming MonColle figures to be released this coming months

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
That's the same leaker who leaked Serena's return though I think they are also just making a prediction here. The whole "surprised characters" could also be anyone beside Serena and May. Of course, I want Serena to be one of them but we'll see.

Anyway, not that I'm trying to add any hopes for expectations or anything but these are some of upcoming MonColle figures to be released this coming months

Glaceon: May
Kleavor: Tracey
Metagross: Steven, Alain or Tyson
Blaziken: May

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
The idea of May returning is nice (she and Max are the only ones who haven't been back in SM or JN) but it's always been complicated with KAORI's health and reluctance to recast the character. KAORI hasn't been doing very well recently, but still managed to record a short clip of herself singing last Christmas which is a good sign for her personal health and I hope she continues to recover. A professional comeback is probably still unlikely, however.

I will say, as an AdvanceShipper, if you guys feel starved for content with Serena, y'all don't even know the half of it.

Speed22

The idea of May returning is nice (she and Max are the only ones who haven't been back in SM or JN) but it's always been complicated with KAORI's health and reluctance to recast the character. KAORI hasn't been doing very well recently, but still managed to record a short clip of herself singing last Christmas which is a good sign for her personal health and I hope she continues to recover. A professional comeback is probably still unlikely, however.

I will say, as an AdvanceShipper, if you guys feel starved for content with Serena, y'all don't even know the half of it.
I feel you bro. I hope the best for KAORI too.

cf16polo

Guys, ive been thinking about this since a long time ago and if there is something we should consider is, how the anime staff can give us a proper conclusion to Ash and Serena relationship in a way all fans get satisfied?
I said this if we consider how XYZ ended, as we know Pokemon series is a kodomo anime, so there wont be plots we wish to be handled in a deeper way thats why we wont see death, graphic violences, and for what concerns us in this topic, established romantic relationships between kids characters.
I remember back in October 27th 2016, how the internet (and this thread as well) exploded because of the implied kiss ash and serena had in the airport, it wasnt shown in screen but we all knew what happened, i was even watching the final episode for XYZ series when it was airing, and to be honest it felt like a magic moment since, before it aired i had low expectations but high hope at the same time (i dont know if i explained myself), as a way to not as dissapointed as i was when Ash lost Kalos League, so it was my own personal way to protect myself from suffering another letdown.
However once the hype for the episode lowed down, i started to think in a cold way, and asked to myself:
Am i actually satisfied with the result? I´ve been following this ship since even before they both met in XY, so making an scene where they implied that both ended up kissing, while understandable for the genre of this anime, it felt a bit short compared to what we actually had to receive.
But if there is also we must also understand as well, is that we cant ask an anime that is designed for kids, to give us stuff that belong to another sector of market, in this case people that 15 years old or older.
I will assume that most of the people that have participated in this thread since this shipping was created are currently at least 23 years old, and im so sure of this statement since most of us have been watching the anime since kanto in the beginning of the series, as a way to prove this point i confess that im 25 years old, ive watched the series since i was 6 years old when Ash was traveling in Kanto with Misty and Brock and expect to continue doing it until it ends (no matter if im in my 40s and Ash continues being the protagonist, i will still watch it).
While i wish the Anime staff would handle the Anime in a way i could feel satisfy with the product, im also down to earth and understand that because of my age, im not the target market for the company (and thus neither most of us), and its because of that most of the time we dont get what we want in the anime and end up getting dissapointed.
Once i explained my previous point, i ask again to all of you, ¿How the anime staff can give us a proper conclusion to Ash and Serena relationship in a way all fans get satisfied? If they end up kissing each other again (even if Ash is the one that kisses Serena), i dont think they will show the kiss on screen so the airport situation would repeat once again, and i dont think either that Ash would get into a romantic mode with serena, even if he likes her back (if this was the case ash would have to be older and even if he was, this kind of behavior would not match with the personality a protagonist have that belong to this kind of anime) so thats why i see it, very VERY difficult that the staff can come with a conclusion for Amourshipping in a way all of us would be satysfied.
At the most , i think that the most positive outcome we will ever get is that the next generation protagonist, would be Ash and Serena´s child (similar as naruto-boruto) however as i said before, all the stuff we all would wish to see about Ash and Serena (how they got into a relationship, their first REAL date, ash acting romantic) would have happened off-screen and thus, once again we would end up getting dissapointed.

Last edited:
Does anyone still believe at this point that Serena's going to return again with her and Ash's relationship more in focus given the " foreshadowing " that happened at the end of her return episode?

AARTX

Dead inside…
Does anyone still believe at this point that Serena's going to return again with her and Ash's relationship more in focus given the " foreshadowing " that happened at the end of her return episode?
What kind of "foreshadowing"?

What kind of "foreshadowing"?
Well I believed that it was basically nonexistent, but one of the main arguments defending the episode hinged on another potential episode that wasn't incredibly scuffed in terms of Ash and Serena's relationship and would actually feature more interaction.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Well I believed that it was basically nonexistent, but one of the main arguments defending the episode hinged on another potential episode that wasn't incredibly scuffed in terms of Ash and Serena's relationship and would actually feature more interaction.
I mean, even if Serena does return, it’s going to be for Chloe’s development.