• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

I dunno, my confidence in Ash winning kinda went low but I guess we'll see. Anyways as a spoiler, some leaks are claiming that Leon's first match is with Alain (which is disappointing as this would mean Ash won't be fighting Alain and I've always dreamed of Ash getting his revenge for all those losing streak). If confirmed (and provided that Leon wins which is very likely), at least that gives me hope that Ash have the chance of winning.
Honestly, I'd be glad if Alain faces Leon over Ash, it means that the writers won't be able to mess up an Ash vs Alain battle

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
dunno, my confidence in Ash winning kinda went low but I guess we'll see. Anyways as a spoiler, some leaks are claiming that Leon's first match is with Alain (which is disappointing as this would mean Ash won't be fighting Alain and I've always dreamed of Ash getting his revenge for all those losing streak). If confirmed (and provided that Leon wins which is very likely), at least that gives me hope that Ash have the chance of winning.

Leon cannot lose until the finals. That's the reason why everyone agreed
Alain is getting Trevor'ed
if he fights Leon at all.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Leon cannot lose until the finals. That's the reason why everyone agreed
Alain is getting Trevor'ed
if he fights Leon at all.
Whoever fights Leon is getting
Trevor'ed

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Jesus Christ even this thread has become a mega salt fest
Can we please stop these Tomiyasu hates XY conspiracy theories? For the love of God, have some common sense. If he actually hated them, he never would have even tried to address them or use XY elements as part of the narrative. Using Serena to bring Chloe's arc full circle and show her as an excellent mentor and developed pokegirl with acclaim in contests, have her admiration for Ash still intact and being to Chloe what Ash was to her, as well as having those Aria parallels
Using Clemont and Bonnie to train Dracovish and Sirfetchd for Ash's first ever Elite 4 match. Kalos getting the honour of the Elite 4 Ash beats, Wikstrom helping in Sirfetchd training
Using Greninja to develop Lucario in a way that Lucario is completely clowned and outclassed by Greninja, showing Greninja as a mentor
Officially making Alain one of the best trainers in the world and showing he earned back his Mega stone after XY
Korrina literally is responsible for Ash earning Mega evolution

Now I can even understand if some fans claim Tomiyasu 'doesnt get' XY or something because some concepts didn't happen/ weren't executed the way you might have wanted it to be done, or you think he's not well adept at handling XY elements or whatever
But claiming he hates it and went out of his way to retcon XY while he evil laughs and commands the poor staff to do his evil bidding is laughable and literally childish behaviour, grow up
If Tomiyasu actually hated XY, XY would have never factored so much to the narrative that it has, even more then SM where he apparently shows more favouritism to

Jesus Christ even this thread has become a mega salt fest
Can we please stop these Tomiyasu hates XY conspiracy theories
Yes, I always lean on pure incompetence rather than malice in these cases. Of course, everything you've stated past this is incoherent. Reads like the frantic desperation in trying to enforce a hegemonic belief that is growing ever commonplace when it comes to Journeys as more people have been realizing that it has dropped the ball exceptionally hard. Consider not presupposing that everyone believes the same thing you do past this point.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yes, I always lean on pure incompetence rather than malice in these cases. Of course, everything you've stated past this is incoherent.
Like you are one to give any definite answer as to what's coherent and not
Either way, despite our differences I'm glad you atleast are level headed enough to not jump at conspiracy theories and kneejerk reactions

Like you are one to give any definite answer as to what's coherent and not
Either way, despite our differences I'm glad you atleast are level headed enough to not jump at conspiracy theories and kneejerk reactions
Why would I have kneejerk reactions to something that I've been predicting/writing about for months now? It's only the people who have been posting paragraphs and paragraphs of gaslighting nonsense that have been breaking down in surprise.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Why would I have kneejerk reactions to something that I've been predicting/writing about for months now? It's only the people who have been posting paragraphs and paragraphs of gaslighting nonsense that have been breaking down in surprise.
I'll assume you're talking about me considering the doomposting jab earlier on in that other thread
'gaslighting' really now? XD (Although if you weren't talking about me perchance, I apologise for the accusation)
The only people breaking down are the ones so consumed by salt they wanna tear down the writers
I don't really think people who didn't expect this to happen because they had other predictions / interpretations of the narrative that was going on and don't like the current narrative being proposed are 'breaking down' by criticising it. Neither is that gaslighting.

I'll assume you're talking about me considering the doomposting jab earlier on in that other thread
'gaslighting' really now? XD (Although if you weren't talking about me perchance, I apologise for the accusation)
The only people breaking down are the ones so consumed by salt they wanna tear down the writers
I don't really think people who didn't expect this to happen because they had other predictions / interpretations of the narrative that was going on and don't like the current narrative being proposed are 'breaking down' by criticising it. Neither is that gaslighting.
I'm talking about multiple people, yes, you included who absolutely love to posture on a moral high ground and lecture the fanbase. It's absolutely a form of gaslighting to have throw out the complaints and put forth an absolute manufactured narrative about doomposters and how cynical people are in substitute. It's incredibly tiring.

Furthermore, yes, I fundamentally think the people who had " other predictions/interpretations of the narrative " were wrong about many of their stated claims that I and others have heavily critiqued often to be dismissed as doomposters. They misled themselves and other people.

If your expectations are built on layer on layer of false premises, this is what happens.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm talking about multiple people, yes, you included who absolutely love to posture on a moral high ground and lecture the fanbase. It's absolutely a form of gaslighting to say throw out the complaints and put forth an absolute manufactured narrative about doomposters and how cynical people are in substitute. It's incredibly tiring.

Furthermore, yes, I fundamentally think the people who had " other predictions/interpretations of the narrative " were wrong about many of their stated claims that I and others have heavily critiqued often to be dismissed as doomposters.

If your expectation is built on layer or layer of false premises, this is what happens.
Fun fact: I never lumped you in with the doomposters I complained about because when you would criticise, you'd have some backing atleast or some argument
My complaint was towards those who argued Ash vs Alain won't happen because "The writers don't care" , 'the anime sucks after DP" etc. Or those people who would claim things before they are officially confirmed as facts

It's funny how you try to paint me as someone who takes the moral high ground and lectures people, when you do the literal exact thing but opposite of my point. Somehow I'm the gaslighter and moral highstander and you're not? You're absolutely blinded if you actually think there has absolutely been no doomposting whatsoever or no cynical attitude and I see no merit in having a discussion with you if you actually believe that, because at this point it just shows to me there would be no merit to arguing with your arrogance and clear opposition against me

Easier to say we were let down by 'false premises' because our theories didn't come true while you get to act smug as if there was any actual reasoning you had for your predictions.

Fun fact: I never lumped you in with the doomposters I complained about because when you would criticise, you'd have some backing atleast or some argument
My complaint was towards those who argued Ash vs Alain won't happen because "The writers don't care" , 'the anime sucks after DP" etc. Or those people who would claim things before they are officially confirmed as facts
Wow, good thing it's incredibly easy to address that like how you did with people making conspiracies about Tomiyasu hating XY. It's simple, requires a few lines of substantiation about how people that everyone would agree with is a problem. Not this innovocation about how cynical everyone is and a rapid fire line of disputed episodes and characters that you just presuppose everyone agrees were good.
It's funny how you try to paint me as someone who takes the moral high ground and lectures people, when you do the literal exact thing but opposite of my point. Somehow I'm the gaslighter and moral highstander and you're not? You're absolutely blinded if you actually think there has absolutely been no doomposting whatsoever or no cynical attitude and I see no merit in having a discussion with you if you actually believe that, because at this point it just shows to me there would be no merit to arguing with your arrogance and clear opposition against me
There's a critical attitude and a regular air of negativity and disappointment. Entirely justfied with how mediocre JN has been. It's not cynical. I don't understand how you can draw this incredibly fake false equivalence out of thin air and pass it of so easily like it means something.
Easier to say we were let down by 'false premises' because our theories didn't come true while you get to act smug as if there was any actual reasoning you had for your predictions.
Wait so earlier you said you separated me from the other people because at least I had some backing or argument? Guess I didn't have any actual reasoning?

Could it be that my reasoning was more substantively correct that you ever gave it credit for and this cognitive dissonance in where I'm simultaneously a person who lays out logical arguments while also being someone who doesn't is because you don't want to take responsibility for being wrong?

I'll own every position I've made about the anime and admit where I've changed my mind or where I was hilariously incorrect. In the brief moment where it looked like Infernape might make a return as a reserve, I said as much. It's annoying that other people will just run their mouth saying some of the dumbest **** imaginable only to be called out on it and then engage in what is essentially a form of " no u "(see your second paragraph for example) and then continue to just never change their priors.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Wow, good thing it's incredibly easy to address that like how you did with people making conspiracies about Tomiyasu hating XY. It's simple, requires a few lines of substantiation about how people that everyone would agree with is a problem. Not this innovocation about how cynical everyone is and a rapid fire line of disputed episodes and characters that you just presuppose everyone agrees were good.
Yeah, and I've been addressing that since instead of forming a moral high ground which is the card you're playing. I agree there is a difference between a critical attitude of a series that has had significant problems and being cynical, I've addressed the former exists but so does the latter, and you pretending it doesn't is just dumb honestly. I've also owned up in the past when in my frustration with the latter I incorrectly called out some people who were being reasonably critical and apologised to them. Cynical LITERALLY MEANS distrust towards the series and assuming the worst, which happens all the time here. Now it being justified or not is a different thing, but I'm perfectly allowed to complain if a cynical attitude does exist. Seriously dude, wtf?

Also stop ****ing pushing the narrative I presuppose everyone agrees it's good or anything. Heck literally it's because of people like you who keep trying to paint i force my opinions on others I've started using 'imo' literally everywhere even when it's incredibly obvious I'm just voicing my opinion and not speaking for everyone else. I'm allowed to debate and defend certain characters or episodes i liked as much as someone who dislikes and criticises them. Why do I not get the benefit of the doubt that I'm only voicing my opinion but the latter does?
Wait so earlier you said you separated me from the other people because at least I had some backing or argument? Guess I didn't have any actual reasoning?

Could it be that my reasoning was more substantively correct that you ever gave it credit for and this cognitive dissonance in where I'm simultaneously a person who lays out logical arguments while also being someone who doesn't is because you don't want to take responsibility for being wrong?

I'll own every position I've made about the anime and admit where I've changed my mind or where I was hilariously incorrect. In the brief moment where it looked like Infernape might make a return as a reserve, I said as much. It's annoying that other people will just run their mouth saying some of the dumbest **** imaginable only to be called out on it and then engage in what is essentially a form of " no u "(see your second paragraph for example) and then continue to just never change their priors.
Sigh, you really want to grasp at every straw you can to take all my words in bad faith
YES i said I differentiated you from others when it came to doomposting because whatever issues we have with each other, you were never a doomposter in my eyes like the others were and you did have reasonings.
HOWEVER, your reasonings were never anything concrete enough to say hey my predictions are right and yours are wrong. Because while you had your reasonings to be skeptical of the anime doing something like that, it also boiled down to you not having much faith in the writers wanting to pursue it. Which is fine, it's fair, unlike the other doomposters who would ring the bell as if the world is on fire, you'll have a level headed response that this is why I'm skeptical, instead of using your skepticism to just claim Journeys will rain hell
It's honestly so funny to me you really are pretending you did a big brain play by predicting Ash would not face Alain or Greninja would not return.

Great job owning whenever you were incorrect and all the stands you had about the anime, guess what bud, I've done the same as well. Stop pretending otherwise
I'm done with this argument. Go on pretending there's been absolutely zero doomposting on the site, absolutely zero cynical attitude towards the series while claiming others are just pushing a moral high ground for having the opposite stance as you. (It's funny how you likened that to a 'no you' card though)

It's no use debating opinions with someone who thinks the opposing person is beneath them, which is what you always do in your arrogance. Although idk at this point if it's just your arrogance or just plain animosity at my opinions and prior clashes with you

Yeah, and I've been addressing that since instead of forming a moral high ground which is the card you're playing. I agree there is a difference between a critical attitude of a series that has had significant problems and being cynical, I've addressed the former exists but so does the latter, and you pretending it doesn't is just dumb honestly. I've also owned up in the past when in my frustration with the latter I incorrectly called out some people who were being reasonably critical and apologised to them. Cynical LITERALLY MEANS distrust towards the series and assuming the worst, which happens all the time here. Now it being justified or not is a different thing, but I'm perfectly allowed to complain if a cynical attitude does exist. Seriously dude, wtf?
Are you kiddding? People falsely believe the best of Journeys all the time. It literally happened back to back these last months with the Greninja episode, the Paul episode, with reserves, and now. One of the main points of argument I was given in the blow-up surrounding the Serena episode was that it foreshadowing a definitely upcoming second Serena episode where their relationship would have been more substantially addressed. Who the hell are you fooling here?
Also stop ****ing pushing the narrative I presuppose everyone agrees it's good or anything. Heck literally it's because of people like you who keep trying to paint i force my opinions on others I've started using 'imo' literally everywhere even when it's incredibly obvious I'm just voicing my opinion and not speaking for everyone else. I'm allowed to debate and defend certain characters or episodes i liked as much as someone who dislikes and criticises them. Why do I not get the benefit of the doubt that I'm only voicing my opinion but the latter does?
Do you actually think I care about something like " imo? " That's not what I'm talking about. Literally just see your first post in this thread where you make a bunch of claims about the XY " fanservice " and load your statements in doing so when every single one of those episodes had their controversy and major critiques. That's what I'm talking about. You literally did it in this thread in your first post, how blatant can it get?
Sigh, you really want to grasp at every straw you can to take all my words in bad faith

YES i said I differentiated you from others when it came to doomposting because whatever issues we have with each other, you were never a doomposter in my eyes like the others were and you did have reasonings.
HOWEVER, your reasonings were never anything concrete enough to say hey my predictions are right and yours are wrong. Because while you had your reasonings to be skeptical of the anime doing something like that, it also boiled down to you not having much faith in the writers wanting to pursue it. Which is fine, it's fair, unlike the other doomposters who would ring the bell as if the world is on fire, you'll have a level headed response that this is why I'm skeptical, instead of using your skepticism to just claim Journeys will rain hell
It's honestly so funny to me you really are pretending you did a big brain play by predicting Ash would not face Alain or Greninja would not return.
Do you just want me to list every single one of my arguments that I've made constantly? I absolutely believe my reasoning was much more substantiated and concrete than other people. Are you seriously implying I just make off-handed remarks, maybe a justification of a couple sentences? You can literally see the exact opposite of that in this thread where I made a massive essay about the Serena episode and argued all of my points and more people have been moving to my position ever since then.

Mockingly call the arguments for why Alain or Greninja would not return as " just me being cynical "(which you literally boil down to me not having much faith in the writers when I literally explain why I think what I do) is absolutely gaslighting. I can literally see the plentiful posts I made on the topic in my post history.
Great job owning whenever you were incorrect and all the stands you had about the anime, guess what bud, I've done the same as well. Stop pretending otherwise
I'm done with this argument. Go on pretending there's been absolutely zero doomposting on the site, absolutely zero cynical attitude towards the series while claiming others are just pushing a moral high ground for having the opposite stance as you. (It's funny how you likened that to a 'no you' card though)

It's no use debating opinions with someone who thinks the opposing person is beneath them, which is what you always do in your arrogance. Although idk at this point if it's just your arrogance or just plain animosity at my opinions and prior clashes with you
Ending on a nothing paragraph, great.

Last edited:

Speed22

The curtain rises for the "Masters Tournament", the greatest tournament in all history and the one that's going to determine the abolute best of the best at Pokémon battling, and Satoshi and Go have gone to Shoot City in the Galar region where the playoffs will take place! There, Satoshi encounters Dande's younger brother Hop, and a battle suddenly starts between the two! Afterward, Go and the others decide to watch the matches with Hop!

---

The curtain rises for the "Masters Tournament", the tournament that's going to determine the abolute best of the best at Pokémon battling. Satoshi, who has been selected as one of the "Masters Eight", the top 8 Trainers, has gone to Shoot Stadium where the playoffs will take place! And now the first match of the first round, a battle between Dande and Alan, is about to begin with Satoshi watching.

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 沼山茉由 (Mayu Numayama)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)
Animation Director 新岡浩美 (Hiromi Niioka)
It's over lol. Tomiyasu and JN are really going to do XY dirty like that. Escalator Fist Bump retcon, here we come! Diantha is ironically the only person who can salvage Kalos' rep.

It's over lol. Tomiyasu and JN are really going to do XY dirty like that. Escalator Fist Bump retcon, here we come! Diantha is ironically the only person who can salvage Kalos' rep.
If Diantha beats anyone I will lmao (which is sad because I feel like Diantha gets **** on by a lot of people, and I like her a lot, but I don’t think she’s that strong)

Speed22

If Diantha beats anyone I will lmao (which is sad because I feel like Diantha gets **** on by a lot of people, and I like her a lot, but I don’t think she’s that strong)
I'm betting on Iris winning the whole thing at this rate.

I've gone so crazy that I'm starting to become part Negaishipper. Maybe Ash gives up on battling to become a teacher, and in turn causes Serena to give up on being the best performer and her crush on him because "Never give up until the end" turned out to be a lie.

Seriously, I'm just wanting the most batshit crazy ending for the PWC now. At least then it'll be memorable. If it's just predictable stuff like Cynthia getting into the semis and the final being Ash vs Leon, then that's just boring.

Last edited: