• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Speed22

Unpredictability for the sake of fake shock-and-gasp factor is undeniably bad writing no matter what way you spin it, especially if it leads to no (or negative) narrative payoff.
I know, that's what makes this entire series so rage inducing. Subverting too many expectations is what causes people to check completely out of things. The last few Ashime series have been all about subverting expectations. Just give people what they want without any nasty surprises every once in a while, at least then they might appreciate the subversions a bit more. It just feels like we've all been taken for a ride, and have been left out in the desert.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
It's over lol. Tomiyasu and JN are really going to do XY dirty like that. Escalator Fist Bump retcon, here we come! Diantha is ironically the only person who can salvage Kalos' rep.
At least Yajima is not involved as what the "leaks" have stated, lol. Really a shame, all those waiting for a possible rematch and what could have been a great redemption arc, all wasted. We'll just have to wait and see how this whole PWC will play out and while this is a surprise matchup, the outcome is the most predictable one out there.

AARTX

Dead inside…
At least Yajima is not involved as what the "leaks" have stated, lol. Really a shame, all those waiting for a possible rematch and what could have been a great redemption arc, all wasted. We'll just have to wait and see how this whole PWC will play out and while this is a surprise matchup, the outcome is the most predictable one out there.
TBF, it’s starting to be eerily similar to the Kalos league

-Leon is the "Alain"
-Alain is the "Trevor"
-Iris is the "Tierno"
-Cynthia is "Sawyer"

Speed22

Again, this is clickbait. Only this time, it was done on purpose.

-Leon is the "Alain"
-Alain is the "Trevor"
-Iris is the "Tierno"
-Cynthia is "Sawyer"
Yep, it's going to be an exact repeat of it, at best.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

-Leon is the "Alain"
-Alain is the "Trevor"
-Iris is the "Tierno"
-Cynthia is "Sawyer"
Gonna need a cameo from "Remo" too

Heekful

To get back on topic and to be a little bit more positive if the Steven vs Ash match-up gets confirmed next week (this is not a leak it’s from a preview where Shiny Metagross dodges a thunderbolt) then Serena has slightly better chances of appearing as she already met Steven in XY and is somewhat connected to his relatives and Hoenn characters (Lisia, Wallace etc…)

May could also appear for a silent cameo but remember Journeys never does what seems to be the most logical and obvious things to follow lmao.

Edit : Take this with a grain of salt but apparently JN105 episode title in the dub will be named « In With the New and Back with the Old »

Last edited:

Heekful

Might refer to Wallace perhaps? He did get kicked out by Steven.

I don’t think Wallace is that big of a deal in the episode itself to have the title focused around him lol (and that’s coming from a AG/Hoenn fan).

This is probably for Koharu I guess? I hope they don’t ruin the 30 sec Amour reunion with some generic BGM that’s all I care about tbh since I really liked the BGM used for the kiss scene in the dub.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I don’t think Wallace is that big of a deal in the episode itself to have the title focused around him lol (and that’s coming from a AG/Hoenn fan).

This is probably for Koharu I guess? I hope they don’t ruin the 30 sec Amour reunion with some generic BGM that’s all I care about tbh since I really liked the BGM used for the kiss scene in the dub.
I'd imagine it's derived from the Japanese title Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!! like many of the dub titles are. "Encounters"/"In With the New" refers to Chloe's growth and her new friendship with Serena while "Reunions"/"Back with the Old" refers to Ash's reunions with Wallace and Serena, both from his past. It's also a pun on the English saying "out with the old and in with the new" as many of the dub titles are.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Do you actually think I care about something like " imo? " That's not what I'm talking about. Literally just see your first post in this thread where you make a bunch of claims about the XY " fanservice " and load your statements in doing so when every single one of those episodes had their controversy and major critiques. That's what I'm talking about. You literally did it in this thread in your first post, how blatant can it get?
Just replying to this portion coz a) it's still kinda in relation to what the discussion was originally happening here and people are already annoyed
b) the rest of the argument is just going in plain circles again, and one I'm not interested in having simply because I still believe you're blind if you think there has been absolutely no doom posting or cynical attitude just because at times people gave JN the benefit of the doubt which it might not have deserved.

Okay then, my bunch of claims are literally me stating what happened in the episodes. My post isn't to say these episodes are good guys, all the XY episodes have been excellent
It's to argue one and only one point going on in this thread for 5 pages: 'Tomiyasu hates XY and purposely wants to **** on it'

Let's go to my points:
1) I say Clemont and Bonnie returned to train Ash, and Drasna and Wikstrom had their roles and the honour of being Ash's first elite 4 battle on the 25th anniversary of the anime. These are objective facts, that's the plot of the episode. These being well handled or not is another debate, and you would recall I absolutely trashed the Drasna episode and hated how it was done, with the poor animation. But with my original point, if indeed Tomiyasu hates XY, why would be even attempt this? You could have Bruno be the first Elite four member Ash beats or something. Why make Clemont and bonnie return, Cilan didn't.
2) Serena was indeed a mentor to Chloe in that episode, admired Ash and used his quotes to help Chloe, and is reminiscent of when Aria mentored Serena. Now, was it handled good again is indeed a different topic, you know my opinion I know yours. But it's a fact, that this happened. Was it paralleled properly/Is it a good step ahead for Serena/her admiring Ash and that ending scene isn't enough or it implies a platonic relationship more than a loved one, sure we can argue about that. But if indeed Tomiyasu hates XY, he would never have attempted or given Serena the role of ending Chloe's arc. (Also let's not pretend it was controversial since atleast on serebiiforums, the majority of people here liked it with you being the few ones here who didn't. Idk about other sites, Twitter always likes everything and I don't really follow Pokemon elsewhere)

4) Greninja did clown Lucario, and was meant to be a mentor for it. Again, was it handled well? We can argue. But again, if Tomiyasu hated XY, he didn't need Greninja to return. Squirtle never did. Just have Riley return or give us M08 fanservice

My original post was never me forcing my opinions on someone that hey all the XY elements were handled great. Subjective. But if Tomiyasu hated XY and was malicious towards it, he would never have attempted this or done this. That's always been my original point and only point to all the posters going on that Tomiyasu hates XY (which btw, hey, is a cynical attitude towards Tomiyasu, assuming pure malice because they weren't competent enough in your eyes)

This has since blown into a full argument between me and you based on out of topic things and our prior history. Simply because you wanted to continue taking jabs at me and antagonising me, so Don't go ahead and pin it on me being the reason for this unecessary out of topic discussion when I was replying to the contents already being discussed here itself. Thank you

Speed22

Yo is this like the XY hide out? Wow
That's how much I don't give a damn about this joke of a tournament. At least that outcome would be talked about for years. This is just looking like a rehash of the most controversial league arc, with worse animation and terrible writing.

Observer

Mostly watching
I'm going to try and get this back on topic.

If Ash is battling Steven and there's a small chance that Serena, Lisia, and Wallace are watching it; do you think they might pick up on the fact that Serena has feelings for Ash and probably tease her about it?

AARTX

Dead inside…

If Ash is battling Steven and there's a small chance that Serena, Lisia, and Wallace are watching it; do you think they might pick up on the fact that Serena has feelings for Ash and probably tease her about it?
Depends, JN has been wonky with those lately. It’s only in the Paul episode where they finally remembered that bayleef has a crush on Ash compare that to ep 68 where bayleef was just…there.

Maybe Serena’s crush would be addressed, maybe not who knows.

Observer

Mostly watching
Depends, JN has been wonky with those lately. It’s only in the Paul episode where they finally remembered that bayleef has a crush on Ash compare that to ep 68 where bayleef was just…there.

Maybe Serena’s crush would be addressed, maybe not who knows.

If they can address Bayleef's feeling for him then maybe there is at least a 5% chance for Serena's too.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

I honestly doubt it. More likely, though still a fairly remote possibility, is that Serena, Bonnie and Clemont all reunite to watch Ash battle, and Bonnie teases Serena about it. At least there they know each other well, and she's done it before.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato

My expectation for this season has been on an all time low so I'm not expecting much for them to address anything amour related. Even if Serena does end up watching Ash's battles, I feel it's gonna be a generic cheering.

Addressing Serena's feelings will rely on another teasing. I don't see Lissia doing so unfortunately. We can only hope for Serena to meet Bonnie again and hope she'd bring up the kiss (though I doubt the director would want that) or Chloe, provided that she'll be able to pick up any hints.

Observer

Mostly watching
I honestly doubt it. More likely, though still a fairly remote possibility, is that Serena, Bonnie and Clemont all reunite to watch Ash battle, and Bonnie teases Serena about it. At least there they know each other well, and she's done it before.

My expectation for this season has been on an all time low so I'm not expecting much for them to address anything amour related. Even if Serena does end up watching Ash's battles, I feel it's gonna be a generic cheering.

Addressing Serena's feelings will rely on another teasing. I don't see Lissia doing so unfortunately. We can only hope for Serena to meet Bonnie again and hope she'd bring up the kiss (though I doubt the director would want that) or Chloe, provided that she'll be able to pick up any hints.

All I can say is hope for the best and plan for the worst, I can't blame you guys though even my expectations have been pretty low lately causing me to skip a couple of episodes. I won't give up until the very end so I'm going to have at least a little hope not much but a little.

Just to brighten things up around here enjoy this video, might not have anything to do with Amourshipping but it might get a few chuckles.