• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
This thread is now just people arguing :(
welcome to the ancient Pokemon shipping tradition of fighting over literally everything vaguely related to Pokemon shipping. glad you could be here with us to witness this dying art.

Speed22

Honestly, I'd recommend giving up and just pretending this series didn't happen.
JN pretty much is bad fanfiction at this point. But at least with fanfiction, the people writing them don't get paid and do seem to have some form of passion for the series! The JN production team are either fumbling the ball so badly on things that even the simplest of plot points get botched, or are deliberately going out of their way to spite people.

I'm just waiting for the day someone like Dawn is reconfirmed as a permanent companion because Piplup is being shilled to high end and Piplup merch is selling like hotcakes. And yeah, the kiss is definitely getting retconned soon, might as well permanently bury anything that XY built!

I'm sorry, /padt/ just ruined Dawn for me, I'll never live it down. Though I just used her as an example, since merch shilling is literally the only thing the anime is any good at and even that is debatable. Since I'm on a roll, XY hate seems to have become ever so slightly more widespread on other sites recently, mostly by people who love SM. There was a particularly notorious post on Twitter recently that completely misunderstood the point of the snowball scene, and that's all I'll say about that.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Because I'm a masochist and addicted to cringe. Honestly, the entire anipoke fanbase has become unbearable in the past few months. Serena and XY truly did break everything.
PAD reached peak overdrive cringe from 2017 onwards, when SM was in full flow and XY ended. They love justifying constantly hating on XY cause SM was "not well received" by that crowd (except there's a reason for that).

AARTX

Dead inside…
Arguments aside, what would become of Serena if they do remove Amour. It’s like a huge chunk of Serena’s character.

"Please! I’m nothing without this romantic subplot!"

"If you’re nothing without the romantic subplot, then you shouldn’t have it."

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Arguments aside, what would become of Serena if they do remove Amour. It’s like a huge chunk of Serena’s character.

A top performer, Master coordinator and a great cook. No but really, she's more than just a waifu for Ash but yeah, if amour is removed from her character, I feel she'd lose a lot of fans that way. Part of her character is admiring and loving Ash and it's thanks to that that she was able to achieve so much.

A top performer, Master coordinator and a great cook. No but really, she's more than just a waifu for Ash but yeah, if amour is removed from her character, I feel she'd lose a lot of fans that way. Part of her character is admiring and loving Ash and it's thanks to that that she was able to achieve so much.
I love Serena as a character besides Amour, so I’d still be a fan of her, but I’d be very upset. I was drawn into Serena thanks to Amour.
Also 4Chan is a sh*thole that breeds anti Semitic and racist shooters. But lets not bring that up here.

Heekful

I wouldn’t worry too much honestly about Serena’s popularity without Amourshipping, yes a lot of Serena’s popularity comes from her relationship with Ash but she’s still very popular without it, look when Pokemon Masters EX released Sygna Suit Serena and Zygarde 3 months ago, Masters EX went from ~#80 to 12 in charts and even beat Pokemon GO in Japan, something that probably didn’t happen a lot before and there’s no Amourshipping in this game.
(In that game, Serena is mostly shipped with her male game counterpart being Calem.)

Another example would be this September, they’ll release a Serena TCG box and it’s mostly going to be inspired by games Serena.

Don’t forget that anime Serena also has a crazy marketable Pokemon : Sylveon, I don’t know if it’s Piplup’s level of marketable but Sylveon has always been in all the official top 10 (sometimes top 5) Popularity polls in the past years.

Also, even if they retcon the kiss they can’t delete the episode itself, the episode and the iconic scene will always be there , just like how they’ll always be AshGreninja fans out there even if they really retconned it, the same apply for the kiss, haters would get a lot going on for them sure but true supporters of Ash and Serena will always be there.

Because I'm a masochist and addicted to cringe. Honestly, the entire anipoke fanbase has become unbearable in the past few months. Serena and XY truly did break everything.

I don’t want to talk too much about this nonsense XY vs SM war but remember that you see more hate towards XY than SM Online because… A lot of XY fans just left the anime lmao , just like me who left everything Pokemon anime related back in 2016 and came back 2 months ago here when JN105 got leaked so it’s probably the case for a lot of XY fans. SM fans are still here and very vocal because… well Tomiyasu is still the director and is doing SM things while also being biased towards SM so of course they stayed.

On the other hand, Yajima went back to movies and is not working in the main anime anymore except when he’s doing some random episodes’s storyboards here and there.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The shipping is, for good or bad, something that helped Serena gain the popularity she enjoys nowdays.

Also, not a fan of Dawn x Serena fights. I think both have been handled relatively well. Far from perfect but decent. Dawn's got a lot of episodes, Serena got a new outfit and a team update (even if it's just Braixen evolving into Delphox)

==================

I think the reason the fanservice in this show can fill underwhelming this show is... It probably wasn't really intended too. I'm starting to think a lot of it came after the backlash for early episodes like Ho-Oh's and that one where we got a Piplup and Croagnuk who were basically clones of Dawn's and Brock's despite being owned by someone else.

Honestly, at this point I more interested on the backstage stories about the show. We've had a change in series director (not to be confused with Tomiyasu's current role), some episodes with multiple directors - implying they were on a time crunch - and they clearly seem to be making course correction on a lot of things.

Adobe123

Goodbye Ash & Pikachu, I'll miss you
I have to drop this here.

>Pokémon Journeys Episode 105 AmourShipping Hints

>Serena’s Side:

>Throughout the episode, Serena quotes various lines Ash said to her when giving advice to Chloe.
>Serena is caught off guard by the boat's horn, looking surprised and disappointed when she realizes Ash will shortly be leaving.
>When Serena is reaffirming her goals to Ash from afar, her eyes start glimmering.
>Serena tells Ash that she'll be rooting for him in the World Coronation Series.
>Serena stays on the dock to watch Ash depart until it gets too far away to see. As she does this, she smiles with a longing expression.

>Ash’s Side:

>Ash is caught off guard by the horn of the boat, looking disappointed and surprised when he realizes he will shortly be leaving.
>Ash tells Serena that they should both do their best, and assures her that he will always be cheering her on.

>Other hints:

>As Serena watches Ash's boat from a distance, the dock lights turn to green. This could be a reference to The Great Gatsby, in which a green light is symbolic of Gatsby's hope to rekindle his past love with Daisy. This could suggest that despite Ash and Serena's reunion being brief, with their paths still being separate, the two hope for a future together.

There's your Amour hints. Now calm down.

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

>Serena’s Side:

>Throughout the episode, Serena quotes various lines Ash said to her when giving advice to Chloe.
>Serena is caught off guard by the boat's horn, looking surprised and disappointed when she realizes Ash will shortly be leaving.
>When Serena is reaffirming her goals to Ash from afar, her eyes start glimmering.
>Serena tells Ash that she'll be rooting for him in the World Coronation Series.
>Serena stays on the dock to watch Ash depart until it gets too far away to see. As she does this, she smiles with a longing expression.

>Ash’s Side:

>Ash is caught off guard by the horn of the boat, looking disappointed and surprised when he realizes he will shortly be leaving.
>Ash tells Serena that they should both do their best, and assures her that he will always be cheering her on.

>Other hints:

>As Serena watches Ash's boat from a distance, the dock lights turn to green. This could be a reference to The Great Gatsby, in which a green light is symbolic of Gatsby's hope to rekindle his past love with Daisy. This could suggest that despite Ash and Serena's reunion being brief, with their paths still being separate, the two hope for a future together.

Is that on the Bulbapedia page now? I forgot that page still existed. It's a shame that they deleted all the other shipping pages, it was one of the single best repositories of hints.

Speed22

>Serena’s Side:

>Ash’s Side:

>Other hints:

You just had to come here didn't you?

lmao, I almost forgot how long the lists of Amourshipping hints was in Bulbapedia. Probably the longest one even until today. I used to read on that page frequently like it's the holy bible of Amourshipping, lol.
A whole bunch of shipping articles got deleted from the website as @Manqoba alluded to. Not too surprising that Amour is one of the only ones that remains on the site considering the length of the article.

Can people not bring their f*cking 4chan drama crud into here? It's like every person in this thread is posting between the two places and are unhealthy obsessed. I'm pretty sure that BlueMarkey guy for example is like an insane person from that place/Twitter. Honestly even regretting asking a friend of mine to keep tabs on that place for leaks and whenever my name is mentioned.

Speed22

Can people not bring their f*cking 4chan drama crud into here? It's like every person in this thread is posting between the two places and are unhealthy obsessed. I'm pretty sure that BlueMarkey guy for example is like an insane person from that place/Twitter. Honestly even regretting asking a friend of mine to keep tabs on that place for leaks and whenever my name is mentioned.
Yeah. I apologize. Perhaps there should be a: "Things that /padt/ says" thread. Though that might be a bad idea.

Also I have now been named on there too. The thing is, I'm only being half-serious when it comes to the conspiracy theories. I doubt it's like that, but with how insane this world is, I can't fully discount it either.

If you ask me, I'm hoping we get all of the female companions that have appeared in JN sitying in the stands during the battles. Just to keep all fans as satisfied as possible. I don't know whether they'll blaze through the M8, or whether there will be other arc closures in between each round of the M8.

If it's the latter, then that might give us a chance at getting some more Amour content. What with a potential Wallace Cup that keeps being talked about.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
lmao, I've never been on 4chan ever before and I'm so glad I didn't. That site sounds like a perfect place to destroy a fandom other than Twitter

Anway, please enjoy these abomination Amourshipping artworks created by an A.I. as ordered by yours truly :p
P2TKYLW.png

Blood Red

【推しの子】

She'll still retain a platonic admiration for Ash, I'd assume. Take JN105 for example, unless you knew she had a crush on Ash in the past, you wouldn't be able to tell that she's ever had romantic feelings for him.

AARTX

Dead inside…
She'll still retain a platonic admiration for Ash, I'd assume. Take JN105 for example, unless you knew she had a crush on Ash in the past, you wouldn't be able to tell that she's ever had romantic feelings for him.
So just like any other companion then. A shame, she pretty much had no competition because of the kiss.

Now she has to compete with Dawn (and Goh…..and Brock) at who’s better at being Ash’s BFF LMAO

Serena’s popularity will truly be tested post JN it seems.

Last edited:

Adobe123

Goodbye Ash & Pikachu, I'll miss you
You just had to come here didn't you?

A whole bunch of shipping articles got deleted from the website as @Manqoba alluded to. Not too surprising that Amour is one of the only ones that remains on the site considering the length of the article.

Sorry.