• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

AARTX

Dead inside…
I came across this on Reddit earlier today and thought it would be a little funny to post it on here.

urayhq1a1d691.png

I guess he's going the Leon Bartfort route lol.
Going also from reddit to say

Dawn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Serena

Speed22

images

Can’t wait til we get another kiss scene man…..this time with Serena watching while his lips get stolen by somebody else LMAO
And it'll be Dawn kissing Ash, because she'll be in the SV anime and Pearl is the writer's favourite pair.

I'm sorry, I can't go along with jokes right now. The production team has gone and taken a hacksaw almost to anything relating to XY to shill their own favourite series.

I'm just daring them to completely finish the job and destroy any chance of Amour being canon.

Heekful

And it'll be Dawn kissing Ash, because she'll be in the SV anime and Pearl is the writer's favourite pair.

I'm sorry, I can't go along with jokes right now. The production team has gone and taken a hacksaw almost to anything relating to XY to shill their own favourite series.

I'm just daring them to completely finish the job and destroy any chance of Amour being canon.

I would rather see Serena get with another guy or something, move on from Ash and never appear again than seeing this.

Even Misty would make more sense than Dawn at this point to me because at least Misty had a few real romance implications in the first movies.

Nah but seriously if they ever retcon Amour don’t worry about them introducing a new romance subplot (at least for the next 10 years or so) they seem so scared of romance between humans in this series compared to any other it’s so funny.

Look : Using Wallace who was a very old character that never really interacted with Ash and paying an old voice actor just to prevent them from having to think about romance interactions (assuming Wallace doesn’t appear again) should tell you how scared they are about it lmao.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
images

Can’t wait til we get another kiss scene man…..this time with Serena watching while his lips get stolen by somebody else LMAO
Sorry.....

__lillie_ash_ketchum_and_serena_pokemon_and_4_more_drawn_by_atomkraftwerk__sample-25fe0923ef9cdada7c71355981154834.jpg

I would rather see Serena get with another guy or something, move on from Ash and never appear again than seeing this.
Nope nope, nooooope. I'd rather that Serena stay single forever than see him with another guy other than Ash.

No but really, if Serena ends up with another guy other than Ash, I am so done with the Pokémon franchise, lol

AARTX

Dead inside…
Sorry.....

__lillie_ash_ketchum_and_serena_pokemon_and_4_more_drawn_by_atomkraftwerk__sample-25fe0923ef9cdada7c71355981154834.jpg

Nope nope, nooooope. I'd rather that Serena stay single forever than see him with another guy other than Ash.

No but really, if Serena ends up with another guy other than Ash, I am so done with the Pokémon franchise, lol
Considering how sacred Serena’s kiss was. Hoo boy twitter would get DISEMBOWELED kekw

Also Ship Wars lots and lots of Ship Wars

Heekful

Why ? I always disliked how it felt like they were afraid of letting Serena interact with any guy that wasn’t Ash during XY , I always wanted her to meet Gary for example.

And now that she’s a contest star , I feel like it would be cool for her to meet Drew too, not to have another romance interest but to see how they would interact.

Satoshi no masara

Why ? I always disliked how it felt like they were afraid of letting Serena interact with any guy that wasn’t Ash during XY , I always wanted her to meet Gary for example.

And now that she’s a contest star , I feel like it would be cool for her to meet Drew too, not to have another romance interest but to see how they would interact.
I don't mind her interacting with other guys. She did so with Clemont, Tierno, Trevor, Alain and some other guys. I do want her to meet Gary for a potential teasing and maybe mention Oak's summer camp. It's one thing to interact with another guys and befriend them but I don't like the idea that she'll fall for someone else other than Ash. She's not supposed to be head over heels to him but Serena's love for Ash is genuine and was built up. I'd really hate for the writers to retcon that and that is what I'm afraid of tbh. She's also declared that he is her goal and that should remain true until the day they can finally be together.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
tbh at this point, I think it's inevitable that Serena's crush will eventually be painted over by this anime. I wish I had more hope for this show, but the AG retcon being sorta 'finalized' really takes any wind out of my sails. Unless there's a huge shift in this show at the production level itself, I don't really see them ever going back to something as 'mature' as Amourshipping.

Even then, I wouldn't be surprised if some tone-deaf exec decided to replicate Serena's popularity by demanding that yet another female companion be given a romantic subplot with Ash, rather than building up on something that already exists.

Satoshi no masara

tbh at this point, I think it's inevitable that Serena's crush will eventually be painted over by this anime. I wish I had more hope for this show, but the AG retcon being sorta 'finalized' really takes any wind out of my sails. Unless there's a huge shift in this show at the production level itself, I don't really see them ever going back to something as 'mature' as Amourshipping.

Even then, I wouldn't be surprised if some tone-deaf exec decided to replicate Serena's popularity by demanding that yet another female companion be given a romantic subplot with Ash, rather than building up on something that already exists.
I can at least accept retconning Serena's feelings for Ash (at least for this season) but if they have her fall for another guy then that's it. Amourshipping has sunk. There's no going back from that. At least with just retconning her feelings, some future potential director can bring up her crush on Ash and continue any potential development.

As for a new romantic subplot, I think the director and writers will have a hard time coming up with another one that can top Amourshipping. I can think of one but I doubt the writers would be competent enough to pull it off. I mean, it's not too late to introduce Leaf as a potential childhood friend that spent time with Ash when they were kids and shares the same interest

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
There's no way Dawn is going to kiss Ash lol even the PearlShippers agree that she's about as dense as he is.

We also need to understand that no, not explicitly discussing the kiss at every given opportunity doesn't mean that the entire pairing is retconned. Haven Paschall suggested years ago that it would be too awkward for them to discuss it right away and that goes doubly when they have so little time together. The reunion episode was so obviously engineered to leave fans wanting more. The kiss and AmourShipping aren't just going away, either in canon or in fans' collective memories. Ash obviously had a massive impact on Serena, if I need to remind anyone that she's literally walking around Hoenn quoting his words to random strangers she meets. That impact and the events that surrounded it can't simply evaporate after being reconfirmed so recently. I'll also remind people that every presumption must be made that the events of previous episodes, no matter how long ago they occurred, are canon until explicitly stated otherwise. An oversimplified flashback isn't enough to scuttle an entire series-long subplot.

Heekful

I can at least accept retconning Serena's feelings for Ash (at least for this season) but if they have her fall for another guy then that's it. Amourshipping has sunk. At least with just retconning her feelings, some future potential director can bring up her crush on Ash again in the future.

As for a new potential romantic subplot, I think the director and writers will have a hard time coming up with another one that can top Amourshipping. I can think of one but I doubt the writers would be competent enough to pull it off. I mean, it's not too late to introduce Leaf as a potential childhood friend that spent time with Ash when they were kids and shares the same interest

I still think Serena "falling" for another guy would be better than having Amour retconned, because a retcon would invalidate all the things that happened in XY(&Z) , not that I hope it happens of course, to me it's just the less painful option if they really want to retcon stuffs.

Remember when S&M was about start ? People here were worried that Ash and Lillie would be a serious thing due to trailers (still remember those days lol) ... Didn't happen.

Recently, some (weird) people thought Marnie would be a new love interest ... Didn't happen.

Not saying it won't happen but as of now a new love interest for Ash is a very unlikely possibility because the staff really seem allergic to romance, maybe in a few gens but not now (and no, Kukui and Burnet don't count they are literally married in the games).

There's no way Dawn is going to kiss Ash lol even the PearlShippers agree that she's about as dense as he is.

We also need to understand that no, not explicitly discussing the kiss at every given opportunity doesn't mean that the entire pairing is retconned. Haven Paschall suggested years ago that it would be too awkward for them to discuss it right away and that goes doubly when they have so little time together. The reunion episode was so obviously engineered to leave fans wanting more. The kiss and AmourShipping aren't just going away, either in canon or in fans' collective memories. Ash obviously had a massive impact on Serena, if I need to remind anyone that she's literally walking around Hoenn quoting his words to random strangers she meets. That impact and the events that surrounded it can't simply evaporate after being reconfirmed so recently. I'll also remind people that every presumption must be made that the events of previous episodes, no matter how long ago they occurred, are canon until explicitly stated otherwise. An oversimplified flashback isn't enough to scuttle an entire series-long subplot.

You're right about this , no matter what they do the kiss can't be erased and it's part of the whole continuity of this show, isn't Ash and Serena kiss also the only time a kiss took place in the main anime too ? iirc all the kiss (onscreen or offscreen) happened in movies before that.

(I don't count the gag kiss between TRio and Ash in OS lmao)

Considering how sacred Serena’s kiss was. Hoo boy twitter would get DISEMBOWELED kekw

Also Ship Wars lots and lots of Ship Wars
Then let's get our fleet ready
unknown.png

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
You're right about this , no matter what they do the kiss can't be erased and it's part of the whole continuity of this show, isn't Ash and Serena kiss also the only time a kiss took place in the main anime too ? iirc all the kiss (onscreen or offscreen) happened in movies before that.

(I don't count the gag kiss between TRio and Ash in OS lmao)
Yeah that's correct as far as I know, Serena was the first in the anime proper with any romantic implications.

Observer

Mostly watching

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm not really sold on Ash-Greninja being retconned. Feels to me more like a mistake that wasn't caught on by the episode animation director.

Well, everyone have their own opinion and I don't like Dawn but this isn't what this thread is about so I'll not elaborate, you shouldn't even care anyway, just because someone dislike something you like doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I've learned it by the hard way myself over the years as someone who enjoy Serena.

...That's some really high expectation right there, try to not get disappointed at the end because that has 0% chance of happening.
Fair enough.

I get it, really. I hate misty and have always hated her since back in the day.

Nowadays, I detest Ash's Lucario and wish it just was released.

I came across this on Reddit earlier today and thought it would be a little funny to post it on here.

urayhq1a1d691.png

I guess he's going the Leon Bartfort route lol.
Ash going William Moulton Marston and picking the "why not both" option.
images

First time I saw this pic, I almost thought the girl was salivating as opposed to shedding tears lol