• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Better option. They timeskip to Ash's wedding, then next series follows Ash and Serena's kid as he/she goes through the Scarlet and Violet region.
That's the best case scenario but for now I'll settle with just him continuing his journey with Serena off-screen and develop as a character. By the time we see him return for a cameo, he's much matured now like Serena back in JN105

I mean if they go back to gym format in gen 9 then there’s more reason to treat JN as non-canon.

They can have SV start right after Alola, then they can easily downplay (or retcon) his Alola League win from there LMAO
What if they not only have JN non-canon, but also retcon Alola and the SV region happens right after Kalos

Satoshi no masara

What if they not only have JN non-canon, but also retcon Alola and the SV region happens right after Kalos
And M21 and M22 are actually the continuity after XY&Z. Tomiyasu-verse confirmed non-canon. We going back to the Yajima-verse baby! AG and Serena kissing Ash are now canon again

Well, that's enough copium for now. Pass the salt plz....

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Honestly I would have everything after the end of DP as non canon or as an au. The tone or something of the anime changed once BW started and the anime has felt disconnected to OS-DP ever since.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Let's just say some animators are not happy with the way how things are going since JN115 and they are expressing it subtly. It's Kalos league all over again.
What sort of 'backlash' are we talking about here?
I feel that anipoke PR right now are tone-deaf. Ever since JN115 aired, it has received a ton of backlash. They even have the audacity of posting these, lmao. I mean, just look at majority of the replies. Yikes.

I got off-topic there but to get back, at this point, my only hope for a Serena return that may be beneficial to amourshipping is by the time we are past Tomiyasu-era. Maybe I should also treat this season as a parallel universe like many people are doing
They are, indeed, tone-deaf as all hell.

Speed22

tbh at this point, I think it's inevitable that Serena's crush will eventually be painted over by this anime. I wish I had more hope for this show, but the AG retcon being sorta 'finalized' really takes any wind out of my sails. Unless there's a huge shift in this show at the production level itself, I don't really see them ever going back to something as 'mature' as Amourshipping.

Even then, I wouldn't be surprised if some tone-deaf exec decided to replicate Serena's popularity by demanding that yet another female companion be given a romantic subplot with Ash, rather than building up on something that already exists.
That decision won't be coming from execs. It'll be from the production team themselves, since JN has proven that they don't give a damn about shilling the current gen anymore, or pleasing anyone other than themselves and the people they deem to be the "Correct Fans".
I can at least accept retconning Serena's feelings for Ash (at least for this season) but if they have her fall for another guy then that's it. Amourshipping has sunk. There's no going back from that. At least with just retconning her feelings, some future potential director can bring up her crush on Ash and continue any potential development.

As for a new romantic subplot, I think the director and writers will have a hard time coming up with another one that can top Amourshipping. I can think of one but I doubt the writers would be competent enough to pull it off. I mean, it's not too late to introduce Leaf as a potential childhood friend that spent time with Ash when they were kids and shares the same interest
It'll probably happen once they confirm Pearl and change the kiss to a fist-bump. Or even revealing that she never kissed Ash at all.
Some japanese fans are already treating JN as a parallel universe and is disregarding it from the anime canon LMAO.

Now I really want to hear what the staff is going to say once JN is over.
I already have. And no, they probably won't say anything unless it's really ugly. And even if they do OLM and the rest of the production team will probably try and get them blacklisted from the industry.
Considering that Pokémon SV has a sudden change of artstyle in terms of character designs, I do wonder if anipoke will also adapt the changes. That would be nice and I hope to see it happen.

Let's just say some animators are not happy with the way how things are going since JN115 and they are expressing it subtly. It's Kalos league all over again.

I feel that anipoke PR right now are tone-deaf. Ever since JN115 aired, it has received a ton of backlash. They even have the audacity of posting these, lmao. I mean, just look at majority of the replies. Yikes.

I got off-topic there but to get back, at this point, my only hope for a Serena return that may be beneficial to amourshipping is by the time we are past Tomiyasu-era. Maybe I should also treat this season as a parallel universe like many people are doing
That last tweet gets worse:

It's starting to appear that all of this is being done on purpose. Fans like us are not wanted.
Well if they can retcon something like Ash Greninja then more power to the fanbase to deem the entirety of JN as non-canon I guess.

What I’m really afraid of is the writers doing irreparable damage to Ash as a character which affects the story as a whole. Then it might force them to either reboot or drop Ash unceremoniously with no resolution to his character arc whatsoever.
Making him a hyperactive imbecile that stumbles into wins by instant win buttons wasn't damaging enough? Remember the data searching debacle? They don't care about what they do to him, they'll just keep bringing him along for whatever coked up detritus they come up with.
One more weird thing here is that they still show XYZ stuff in their PR material. Newer fans would probably want to see how Ash and Alain fought (there’s probably a lot in youtube) and discover that Ash’s Greninja had a special form that isn’t present in JN.
Yeah, because they're trolling XY fans! That's all they want to do now! And the SM Stans love it, because we're the toxic ones who harass anyone in the way of our precious pairing, our overrated fan-fic frog and our toxic gary-stu Ash. Meanwhile, they love the flawed relatable child who acts like a true 10 year old (Never mind that no 10 year old I've met acts even remotely like SM Ash.), and the heartwarming family connection with his papa Kukui and his true mother Burnett.
Even newer fans are aware of Ash Greninja and even Amourshipping.

Don't forget that there are full episodes of the anime that are uploaded on the official Japanese Pokemon channel (we can't see them because it's limited to Japanese only but I can show you with a VPN). I think it was meant to celebrate the upcoming 25 years anniversary of the anime last year so they uploaded 3 episodes of each saga iirc.

Ash Greninja vs Mega Sceptile is one of the most viewed episode with 5.3 M views, it was the most viewed before the backstory episode of Pikachu as a Pichu came around.

Same for Amourshipping, the Aria vs Serena episode is uploaded (this one episode where Ash talks to Serena at night and got referenced in JN105) it got 2M views (2nd most viewed XY's episode, more views than XY EP001) and the most reviewed part is when Miette is teasing Serena.

Ash Greninja vs Sceptile

NYlBcFK.png

Serena vs Aria (with the most replayed part)

mbl0PMe.png

So... Yeah any random Japanese fan can watch these two episodes for free on Youtube. Two episodes with Ash Greninja and Amourshipping (kinda) as the focus each.

25th anniversary of the anime, nothing too deep tbh.
Doesn't matter if the people running the show hate XY with every fibre of their being and pander to those who do the same thing.
What sort of 'backlash' are we talking about here?

They are, indeed, tone-deaf as all hell.
I heard a few expressing something along the lines of doing one episode they really like, and the next is something they really don't want to work on.

They're not tone-deaf, their number one priority is to get rid of the toxic XY fans who like the wrong series and harass people including VA's and staff over writing decisions. Never mind that some of us tried to give the holy bible that is Sun and Moon a chance. But since we didn't like it, we are heretics that need to be crucified and burned at the stake for speaking or thinking such heresy!

Well ok, not really. But that's what the current "Older audience" is looking like right this second.

This is revenge in more ways than one. And while a lot of the SM cult talk I had is an over-exaggeration, what isn't being over-exaggerated is the fact that SM, JN and the PWC is the staff's revenge against the XY fans for the Kalos League reaction. And SM and JN stans are starting to live vicariously through the staff, and this hollow shell masquerading as Ash.

they love the flawed relatable child who acts like a true 10 year old (Never mind that no 10 year old I've met acts even remotely like SM Ash.),
Yeah SM and JN Ash acts like he’s five

Blood Red

【推しの子】
That decision won't be coming from execs. It'll be from the production team themselves, since JN has proven that they don't give a damn about shilling the current gen anymore, or pleasing anyone other than themselves and the people they deem to be the "Correct Fans".
Just wanna leave this here, but the production team listens to the bigwigs; they sorta have to, otherwise they'd all lose their jobs

It'll probably happen once they confirm Pearl and change the kiss to a fist-bump. Or even revealing that she never kissed Ash at all.

I already have. And no, they probably won't say anything unless it's really ugly. And even if they do OLM and the rest of the production team will probably try and get them blacklisted from the industry.

That last tweet gets worse:

It's starting to appear that all of this is being done on purpose. Fans like us are not wanted.

Making him a hyperactive imbecile that stumbles into wins by instant win buttons wasn't damaging enough? Remember the data searching debacle? They don't care about what they do to him, they'll just keep bringing him along for whatever coked up detritus they come up with.

Yeah, because they're trolling XY fans! That's all they want to do now! And the SM Stans love it, because we're the toxic ones who harass anyone in the way of our precious pairing, our overrated fan-fic frog and our toxic gary-stu Ash. Meanwhile, they love the flawed relatable child who acts like a true 10 year old (Never mind that no 10 year old I've met acts even remotely like SM Ash.), and the heartwarming family connection with his papa Kukui and his true mother Burnett.

Doesn't matter if the people running the show hate XY with every fibre of their being and pander to those who do the same thing.

I heard a few expressing something along the lines of doing one episode they really like, and the next is something they really don't want to work on.

They're not tone-deaf, their number one priority is to get rid of the toxic XY fans who like the wrong series and harass people including VA's and staff over writing decisions. Never mind that some of us tried to give the holy bible that is Sun and Moon a chance. But since we didn't like it, we are heretics that need to be crucified and burned at the stake for speaking or thinking such heresy!

Well ok, not really. But that's what the current "Older audience" is looking like right this second.

This is revenge in more ways than one. And while a lot of the SM cult talk I had is an over-exaggeration, what isn't being over-exaggerated is the fact that SM, JN and the PWC is the staff's revenge against the XY fans for the Kalos League reaction. And SM and JN stans are starting to live vicariously through the staff, and this hollow shell masquerading as Ash.
unknown.png

Morax

King of heroes
I wanted to ignore this fandom but someone needs to put this out there. Acting like a child doesn't instantly make a 'bad' character. Why do you think Monkey D Luffy is such a fan favourite? Because he's placed in direct juxtaposition to the world around him. He's been called delusional, pretentious and naive for his ambitions and yet he never stops believing. He's willing to do what nobody is.

It's how you use these characters that matters the most. Luffy is a dumb kid, in a smart and cruel world. Ash is a dumb kid, in a dumber world. Pokemon is just a poorly written anime.

Heekful

No May is treated the worst but it’s not the staffs fault

…No ? 14 years of not showing up is a thing yes but so far May appeared in 5 episodes ever since the end of AG.

I don’t even think Serena will end up with more than 3 episodes cameo at the end of the whole anime, so May will always be treated better, unless Serena gets more than 5 episodes cameo in the next few years which is VERY unlikely.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Any major change like this would definitely come from executives at TPC because they're the ones who approved the story structure in the first place.

I think you need to take a break for a while. These conspiracy theories aren't healthy.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think the "after story" comic thing having errors on how they wrote Alain's line is being taken too seriously. They are mostly meant to be comedic or just something for them to say "episode is out and if you like it, here's a little treat"

The twitter links @Satoshi no masara posted were fun. Skimmed some and their were some good mockery for japanese fans. I think of that said something "Impressive battle? I don't recall seeing that in the episode" or something like that

Speed22

Yep, and the sheep (SM and JN fans) love him because they have the minds of bratty school children and thus they can relate to him.
Just wanna leave this here, but the production team listens to the bigwigs; they sorta have to, otherwise they'd all lose their jobs
The alleged mismanagement of JN should have gotten them all fired, but they're still here and are going to be here for the next series, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that...
I wanted to ignore this fandom but someone needs to put this out there. Acting like a child doesn't instantly make a 'bad' character. Why do you think Monkey D Luffy is such a fan favourite? Because he's placed in direct juxtaposition to the world around him. He's been called delusional, pretentious and naive for his ambitions and yet he never stops believing. He's willing to do what nobody is.

It's how you use these characters that matters the most. Luffy is a dumb kid, in a smart and cruel world. Ash is a dumb kid, in a dumber world. Pokemon is just a poorly written anime.
Then he's the perfect vessel for child-minded twitter users and contrarians. Ash was always regarded as one of the stupidest protagonists, but prior to SM he had moments where to paraphrase one of my favourite youtubers: he was the smart (If you can even call him that) idiot in a group of morons. Now? He's just a part of the group of morons, who somehow always gets lucky. And as for BW Ash, he was both stupid and unlucky.
Any major change like this would definitely come from executives at TPC because they're the ones who approved the story structure in the first place.

I think you need to take a break for a while. These conspiracy theories aren't healthy.
There's been no backlash from the top dogs about AG being retconned, which is as good as them approving the retcons, meaning that they could be in on it too, or worse they don't actually give a damn because they which in turn, means that the asylum is being run by inmates who want to shove their biases down the viewer's throats! To the showrunners, Ash Greninja is a betrayal of the true history of the Anime, thus it needed to be erased, just like Amour!

Now that I think about it, it's starting to feel like that Serena was in JN105 only to shut up people who asked for more Serena appearances. Noticed how all the people who hated her, loved her character in this episode? Even while supposedly shilling Kalos, they did it in a way that panders to people who depise XY! In fact, the treatment of anything regarding XY in JN indicates that the production team regretted actually doing XY to begin with!

As for Dawn, they're definitely bringing her back permanently, because Piplup merch sales have skyrocketed to the point where Piplup is now being considered a full-blown shillmon and she's a popular female character! In hindsight, Pearl probably won't be canonised because the writers are too chickens**t to actually commit to anything as serious as romantic relationships but Dawn will still be permanently attached Ash because: "ThEy'Re IcOnIc!!!" and the writers love the two being together!
I think the "after story" comic thing having errors on how they wrote Alain's line is being taken too seriously. They are mostly meant to be comedic or just something for them to say "episode is out and if you like it, here's a little treat"

The twitter links @Satoshi no masara posted were fun. Skimmed some and their were some good mockery for japanese fans. I think of that said something "Impressive battle? I don't recall seeing that in the episode" or something like that
BuT eX-wHy WaSn'T pOpUlAr In JaPaN!!!

Speaking of Twitter, XY hate only seems to be getting worse as some are starting to refer to people who like XY as: "Letter Stans". Pretty soon on the western side of the fanbase it'll be forbidden to even mention the series by name if you want to be a "Pokémon Anime Fan", else you will get branded!

But yeah, XY fans totally deserve that treatment for derailing discussions, harassing people and being stuck in 2016!

The only solace we can take now, is that Japan probably won't follow suit.

Satoshi no masara

Speaking of Twitter, XY hate only seems to be getting worse as some are starting to refer to people who like XY as: "Letter Stans". Pretty soon on the western side of the fanbase it'll be forbidden to even mention the series by name if you want to be a "Pokémon Anime Fan", else you will get branded!
This is exactly why I don't take opinions regarding the anime (or even with anything Pokémon in general) in Twitter seriously. Despite all those critics, they are still the vocal minority.

Heck, someone did a poll for their favorite modern era anipoke series and well, the results speak for themselves.

Anyway, I really want to take this thread back to the main topic but I can't think of anything to talk about Amourshipping-related, lol. Well on a brighter side of Twitter, I've seen decent amour-related fanarts recently and tbh, they're the only thing that is keeping me positive right now in terms of anipoke, lmao

This is exactly why I don't take opinions regarding the anime (or even with anything Pokémon in general) in Twitter seriously. Despite all those critics, they are still the vocal minority.

Heck, someone did a poll for their favorite modern era anipoke series and well, the results speak for themselves.

Anyway, I really want to take this thread back to the main topic but I can't think of anything to talk about Amourshipping-related, lol. Well on a brighter side of Twitter, I've seen decent amour-related fanarts recently and tbh, they're the only thing that is keeping me positive right now in terms of anipoke, lmao
Looking back, it seems the Serena and Ash reunion scene was something that left fans wanting more (including me- I even said that’s it? when watching the episode live) that they won’t deliver on. I feel like they just did that to say “here’s your amour content, yes there’s symbolizim but it means nothing, ash will be the protag forever, screw ash and Serena getting into a romantic relationship, this should be enough”
Completely unhyped for masters 8. I just want chaos now because Ash winning makes no sense, I don’t want Leon to win either because of the Leon wanking, I want Cynthia to loose because I want to see her fans complain. But I know Ash will win the whole thing. I want to know if this is the end of ten year old Ash. I want to know about gen 9.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang