• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

ComedianGuy8

Please no. I’m scared of AshXPenny. Nothing can replace Amourshipping and if this ship does I will be pissed. Whenever a new girl comes around I get scared.
I don't think that's going to happen. The writers have already created an actual potential love interest and that is Serena, creating another one is very unlikely unless they take pleasure in giving the audiences hopes up for nothing just to keep the show going. If they did create another Ash X Girl subplot to bring back older audiences, that plan will backfire. Amourshipping is extremely popular even in Japan, throwing that away would be a disastrous move.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Penny looks like she'll argue with you non-stop to defend her favorite anime if you call it out for its flaws

Eh, I'm not worried. How many potential female characters since Serena that they introduced to ship with Ash? Not even Lillie nor Marnie, Penny is no exception and imo, she doesn't seem to fit as a potential love interest for Ash anyway. I don't even know why would anyone would think of a new potential ship will be introduced at this point.

Anyway, judging by SV's new game mechanics and with what you can do aside from Gym battles, I'm starting to think that Goh and Chloe might continue on with Ash. Treasure hunting is something that I feel either Chloe or Goh might do and Chloe's Eevee might introduce the anime to the Terastal mechanic Mega-evolution still looks cool tho

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

Ash about to ask Penny to go out on an adventure be like...
8otJ.gif

I dunno about you guys but I can already sense some Sempai-Kouhai shenanigans with Penny if she travels with Ash in Gen 9 and with it, a new ship.
Senpai-Kouhai relationship seems plausible. Ash did it with May but a ship with him? Not a huge chance. If anything, Penny seems to be another Eevee trainer and I can only assume that she'll be more involved with Chloe (maybe a possible rival?), assuming that Chloe is still there in gen 9 anime.

AARTX

Dead inside…
They keep excluding Serena from Sylveon flashbacks, but casually have Lana and CotDs present. Yeah, you can't convince me this is deliberate and obnoxious.
Honestly, just let them. They know they’ll have angry fans with pitchforks on their behinds if they mishandle Serena in any way LMAO.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Ash about to ask Penny to go out on an adventure be like...
8otJ.gif

Senpai-Kouhai relationship seems plausible. Ash did it with May but a ship with him? Not a huge chance. If anything, Penny seems to be another Eevee trainer and I can only assume that she'll be more involved with Chloe (maybe a possible rival?), assuming that Chloe is still there in gen 9 anime.
It’s kinda different though. Ash and May was purely teacher and student, this one will have romantic undertones with it. Y’know kinda like Akihito and Mirai from Beyond the Boundary

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
They keep excluding Serena from Sylveon flashbacks, but casually have Lana and CotDs present. Yeah, you can't convince me this is deliberate and obnoxious.

Did they exclude her again lol?

Yeah, at first i thought they were keeping serena a surprise with the way the excluded her in the lead up to 105. But at this point it really wouldn’t take much to convince they just really don’t want her around for whatever reason. Something something xy hate conspiracy.

Heekful

I know people will come to me and say the usual « stop your conspiracy theory Tomiyasu doesn’t hate XY and he isn’t biased towards his series S&M »

but… The SUN&MOON CHARACTER Lana included in the flashbacks while she briefly talked to Koharu and Serena the X&Y CHARACTER not included while she helped Koharu a whole episode ??? …

Yeah not going to elaborate anymore, I don’t need to now.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Yeah, I can totally see why Tomiyasu stepped down. Too much negative criticism probably caused him to nope the F out, but the damage is already done.

It can go better or worse from here on out.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
We'll only find out when the next series airs. As far as JN goes, all the remaining episodes are already complete (or nearing it), or midway in production so any mess that he's responsible for has already been done.

Seeing how we have two recaps in 3 weeks and how tha chloe ep, which i assume isn’t an action heavy ep, had 9 ADs. I really am starting to think that they demoted tomiyasu while keeping the executive director position empty as a disrespect to him.

I imagine production really was an absolute mess whenever this batch of episodes were made. Man am i once again more interested in seeing what happened behind the scenes then what’s actually in the show.

Speed22

This will be remembered as the only time the anime acknowledged Serena’s existence since October 27th 2016.

Tbh I might sound like a fake Amourshipper but if the kiss really is the reason why she is blacklisted by Tomiyasu, I wish the kiss never happened in the first place.
I'm almost certain it's someone like Yuyama blacklisting her at this point. He basically admitted that he would never let Ash age earlier this year during that Daniel Arsham exhibition.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Y’all need to step away from the computer. Go outside. Touch some grass (or concrete if you can’t find grass). Hug a tree.

Satoshi no masara

It’s kinda different though. Ash and May was purely teacher and student, this one will have romantic undertones with it. Y’know kinda like Akihito and Mirai from Beyond the Boundary
Where is this coming from anyway? Gen 9 anime isn't even out yet, let alone, announced yet lol

This will be remembered as the only time the anime acknowledged Serena’s existence since October 27th 2016.

Tbh I might sound like a fake Amourshipper but if the kiss really is the reason why she is blacklisted by Tomiyasu, I wish the kiss never happened in the first place.
That kiss would have almost change the anime's age rating, lol. Won't be surprised if that's the reason Tomiyasu got scared and played it safe with SM and JN.

I just hope Gen 9 anime would give an XY vibe again. That era of anipoke is just something else. I just want to be able to enjoy the anime again, lmao.

That kiss would have almost change the anime's age rating, lol. Won't be surprised if that's the reason Tomiyasu got scared and played it safe with SM and JN.

I just hope Gen 9 anime would give an XY vibe again. That era of anipoke is just something else. I just want to be able to enjoy the anime again, lmao.
And I would rather have that change in the age rating. We need a show focused for teens and young adults ala XYZ.
But a reason that Serena may have been excluded is because was there never a shot of Eevee+Sylveon+Serena? Ridiculous how she wasn’t in another flashback.
That Poliwag in todays episode reminded me of something… how they first met

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I'm not sure why you're defending them so aggressively, or how this is excusable by any margin. Once could be considered an oversight, multiple times is deliberate.
WTF are you talking about?

AARTX

Dead inside…

You can also blame Yajima for it I guess. His perspective on the kiss and his claims of Serena "improving herself, then returning back to Ash" turned her into this sacred character that can cause heavy backlash if she (and the ship) is mishandled in anyway.

Morax

King of heroes
You can also blame Yajima for it I guess. His perspective on the kiss and his claims of Serena "improving herself, then returning back to Ash" turned her into this sacred character that can cause heavy backlash if she (and the ship) is mishandled in anyway.
>let’s blame the person who created her instead of the people mishandling her!

200 IQ post.