• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
>let’s blame the person who created her instead of the people mishandling her!

200 IQ post.
But if he had never created her, then her character could never be mishandled… /kidding

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Exactly why I like Yajima. Tomiyasu wants to play it safe but Yajima is willing to take risks. Just look at some of the deaths in his Pokemon movies, something you won't see normally in a Pokemon anime.
......????
This is the most out there take I've seen in regards to this whole situation here
Don't really wanna get into the whole Yajima vs Tomiyasu debate, especially when I hate people feel comfortable insulting crew members for not liking their art
This is just plain......wrong
Tomiyasu has taken the most risks, SM and JN's entire concepts and ideas have been huge risks. He LITERALLY broke the formula followed from OS-XY
Say whatever you want about the quality and all, but to say Tomiyasu doesn't take risks is insane. He's definitely taken more risks than Yajima who in the end played pretty close to the formula

And your example is just the main flaw of this argument, deaths have been a thing before Yajima as well. Lucario in Mystery of Mew, Latios in Pokemon Heroes, heck even Celebis brutal torture and near death in 4ever

And in the main Pokemon anime itself, Tomiyasu was the one who brought forth death. Stoutland in SM, Mallow's episode entirely centred around the death of her mother.

I can understand the notion that none were as brutal as burning alive like Snubbul, but then again movies have always been brutal.

Morax

King of heroes
The only ‘risky’ endeavor this anime has undertaken is adding PG-13 content in a kid show (the kiss). Every other change is just them taking creative liberties, all completely within the boundaries of this Anime/demographic. Calling them risks is like drawing a clownfish and calling it a shark.

The only ‘risky’ endeavor this anime has undertaken is adding PG-13 content in a kid show (the kiss). Every other change is just them taking creative liberties, all completely within the boundaries of this Anime/demographic. Calling them risks is like drawing a clownfish and calling it a shark.
The Pokémon anime should be PG-13. Nothing R rated.
Right now it’s rated G

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Taking creative liberties and changing a structure of the show entirely when it's more or less proved successful to do something new and unique IS called a risk. Absolute media illiteracy
Risk does not equal going above the rating
Risks also equals decisions that vastly change the anime in ways it never was before, even if it's under the same rating, it is still a risk.
Literally dumb logic not to call it that because it's still the same rating. Newsflash, even the kiss didn't push that episode to be PG-13

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
There's nothing " risky " about what Tomiyasu has done lmao. Journeys is completely creatively bankrupt and Sun & Moon quickly fell into its own rut incredibly quickly with its own uninteresting formulaic bullsh*t.
Calling SM "formulaic" is certainly a take lol
And the concept of Journeys itself is a risk, discarding the whole one region setup and doing a whole other formula
Again, comments on its quality is another thing, but the ideas itself were definitely risks esp with how same other series mostly were in their structure

SatoSereFan224888

Personally, I would hope that even the kiss uncensored wouldn't have pushed the episode's rating to PG-13. I really think that'd be unnecessary.
Yeah. There would have been more violent scenes to push Pokemon to PG-13. The kiss should have not bumped the rating to PG-13.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I doubt the kiss is worth a PG-12 (more or less Japan's equivalent of PG-13), though I don't know enough about Japanese culture to see whether they hold close intimacy to be more of a taboo than excessive violence. Mugen Train was a kids' movie despite being R-rated in the US vs. PG-12 in Japan.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Wait, Tomiyasu stepped down? How have I not heard of this?

Probably because there wasn’t any big announcement or statements. It was just his tittle in the opening credits got bumped down to director from executive director, and the old director also got bumped down to assistant director.

Not that it’ll matter much for this series since they didn’t even fill the empty executive director seat, which means tomiyasu is likely still calling the shots as far as JN is concerned. It does make it seem way less likely that tomiyasu will be at the helm of the next series.

SatoSereFan224888

Now I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but I’m curious to know how trending AmourShipping & AureliaShipping were when Serena & Lillie made their returns. Anyone have an analytic search to post to compare?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Now I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but I’m curious to know how trending AmourShipping & AureliaShipping were when Serena & Lillie made their returns. Anyone have an analytic search to post to compare?
Let’s not. Comparing ships has historically led to too many flame wars.

SatoSereFan224888

Let’s not. Comparing ships has historically led to too many flame wars.
I see. I don’t want to start a shipping war or flame war. I feel it could tell us something about who could be Ash’s wife. Sorry if I asked.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I see. I don’t want to start a shipping war or flame war. I feel it could tell us something about who could be Ash’s wife. Sorry if I asked.
I don't understand the logic behind this. A trending pairing will not determine whether or not it will happen. It's entirely up to the writers which they will go with, let alone, if there's actually going to be a canon pairing for Ash in the future. While it can be something the writers can consider but it's not the ultimate determining factor

Heekful

Here’s the box art !

Boutiqueshipping better than Amour?

I don't understand the logic behind this. A trending pairing will not determine whether or not it will happen. It's entirely up to the writers which they will go with, let alone, if there's actually going to be a canon pairing for Ash in the future. While it can be something the writers can consider but it's not the ultimate determining factor

Like I already said in the past, it would be weird for a Japanese kid show to not let the protagonist end up with the first girl he kissed on the lips, I know Ash is not the one that did the kiss in the first place but it would be such a bad move for Pokemon to do and it would teach a very a bad lesson for the kids watching the show…unless… They retcon it.

And that’s precisely what we’re waiting for in the near future, as long as they don’t mention it at all the kiss is technically not retconned.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I imagine production really was an absolute mess whenever this batch of episodes were made. Man am i once again more interested in seeing what happened behind the scenes then what’s actually in the show.
Me too. Really, this is been more thrilling and intriguing than anything the show's been putting lately
Wait, Tomiyasu stepped down? How have I not heard of this?
All we know is that the credits changed to credit Tomiyasu as just "director". No word on whether he resigned himself or was demoted by the higher powers in charge of the anime. And I doubt we'll ever hear any.