• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I gave a very fair warning the other night in here and I was peaceful as peaceful gets. I even let a user take a free shot at me when I could have easily infracted them, but I didn't.

Please don't fight and argue in here. Next time I'll just lock the thread because frankly I'm tired of coming in here and reminding kids to play nice in the sandbox.

I gave a very fair warning the other night in here and I was peaceful as peaceful gets. I even let a user take a free shot at me when I could have easily infracted them, but I didn't.

Please don't fight and argue in here. Next time I'll just lock the thread because frankly I'm tired of coming in here and reminding kids to play nice in the sandbox.
I’m not fighting with anyone. It’s mainly just one user who’s saying stupid **** and everyone bashing them

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I’m not fighting with anyone. It’s mainly just one user who’s saying stupid **** and everyone bashing them
Did I point at you specifically? No I did not..

And that user has been dealt with and won't be an issue for a while. I've been nothing but fair with people in here, but some people don't want to heed my common sense warnings.

This isn't even my area, but most of our moderating team is gone, and doesn't care about anything anymore. So I'm the new Sheriff in town, I guess. Someone has to do the job since other staff doesn't give a ****. I'm tired of watching this forum and threads go down the toilet because there's 0 order around here.

When someone comes in here and stirs up the pot everyone should just ignore and report. I'll put them on notice. Replying to someone's posts just eggs them on. The best response is no response at all sometimes.

I'll just leave it at that.

But there are other aspects of Kalos and XY that were handled well. Clemont, Bonnie, Serena, and Korrina all had great returns
As I said, even the positive elements of good returns as with Clemont/Bonnie had drawbacks when it came to production, pacing, etc...That Kalos two partner with Clemont and Bonnie that followed up with the Drasna battle really didn't look good at all in terms of animation, let alone the storytelling problems in the Drasna episode.

I've already made my feelings clear on the Serena episode extensively in my original two part analysis and with the following arguments surrounding it. My confidence in what I wrote there really hasn't been shaken in any fundamental way(really only has grown) and it seems clear to me that more people have moved to my view of how that episode was handled. That can of course, still change in a major way if Serena does end up showing up and has substantial interaction.

As I said with that episode(and this applies to all of the JN Kalos episodes), I'm actually pretty glad that some XY/Serena fans took value out of those episodes, especially the Serena one in particular, but it's been very clear to me that I'd much rather those JN episodes not exist given the damage they've done to XY/XYZ's narrative. JN's nowhere near a good enough series for XY to fall on its sword for it. I don't extend that sentiment to the people who have never really been fans of XY/Serena and come to this thread to regulate what people think about how those elements were handled.

It's unfortunate that people like Speed and Cricket are able to dominate the discussion and act as strawmen, but it is what is. It's great that moderation is able to handle some of that.

To not be so dour, I'll link one of my favorite posts ever from my time on the forum for some hope. The day before the final episode of XY, a legendary post from Omegaz, probably the most recognizable user in Amour threads back then, was made. It really does embody the " Never give up spirit. " In the end, we got a perfect climactic episode that handled Serena's character and her relationship with Ash amazingly well. We were massive doomers even back and I read that post over sometimes when I'm in the forums as it reminds that sometimes good things do happen.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Holy this is based. Serena in stadium or riot.
Settle down, Cricket.

#Anipoke just leaked another cameo!
images
Lies. The real cameo:

Honestly just go in with low expectations of Serena not returning, you kind of have to with this anime Lol. I'll be fine with any kind of cameo from her.
As much as I'd like to see anyone else in the stands, I don't think it will happen. At best, we'll get still clips of them.

And budget or VA scheduling issues aside, it really is a huge missed opportunity for the show.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
AmourShipping from Bulbapedia has always been characterized in this article by having detailed hints of Ash and Serena in their relationship, apparently someone strange made modifications to this article to make it look like a summary

Holy Karp, the formatting there is absolute garbage! But hey, at least Amour still has a page; Pearl and Advance don't even have that now.

It's been in the works for months now... I was actually planning to do that before other errands took over my life.

It comes down to a simple deduction: Bulbapedia is not a place to list off random hints from fans and there are too many shipping pages to handle. They purged all but three pages: PokeShipping, RocketShipping, and AmourShipping. The reason why came down to significance and size to the Pokémon Fandom overall.

PokeShipping made sense because it was the first of its kind, and Ash and Misty did interact a lot with a love-hate relationship. RocketShpping is obvious because Team Rocket Trio has a huge fanbase and there's a lot of interpretations regarding Jessie and James' relationship, from friends to lovers.

Amourshipping was spared the purge because it was agreed that had one of the biggest impact in both fandom and the franchise overall. This was, after all, the first time that Ash was given an official love interest (rather than an implied love interest like Misty) and the first time that the anime played it up for the fans, sealing it with a kiss.

The other ships were summarized and placed in this article.

HAPPY AMOURSHIPPING DAY!
It’s October 27th somewhere

SatoSere

Happy AmourShipping Day Everybody!!!, today Pokémon XY&Z 47 celebrates its 6th Anniversary (since October 27, 2016, Japan).
Love Moments, Satoshi and Serena openly express their feelings and give their first kiss on the lips, is a beautiful love couple.
Never give up until the end! The canon couple SatoSere from Pokémon in the world towards a happy ending.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
With next year being XY anime's 10th anniversary, I hope DeNA gives us a big treat during the Kalos Villain Arc segment.

I could see Ash reuniting with his Greninja and maybe anime!Serena making it into the game. Either as half-anni or 4th anni units.

With next year being XY anime's 10th anniversary, I hope DeNA gives us a big treat during the Kalos Villain Arc segment.

I could see Ash reuniting with his Greninja and maybe anime!Serena making it into the game. Either as half-anni or 4th anni units.
IDGAF about Masters

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Well happy 10th anniversary to this lovely ship. We're all in shambles at the moment with how JN anipoke is being handled but let's set that aside for once and give way to one of the most memorable Amourshipping moment.

With JN Ash being in the game, my hope for XY Ash with Ash-Greninja has skyrocketed. It may take a while but it will make sense to introduce them next year once Anipoke XY marks its 10th year anniversary
IDGAF about Masters
No one asked you....