• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Yeah, it's a censors thing. Both Satoshi and Serena's kiss and Kukui and Burnet's kiss had to take place slightly off-screen. On-screen kisses just aren't going to be allowed period, it has nothing to do with how old the characters are.
Why? Pokemon should be a higher age rating. Like the same rating as Naruto

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Interesting but I thought the Kukui and Burnet scene never had any kissing scene (nor any implication) albeit it off-screen like Ash and Serena did. Not sure since never really saw much of the SM anime.

Anyway, assuming that it happens again, I definitely see it happening off-screen as well, but that's more than enough imo. The off-screen kiss of Ash and Serena was already enough to almost push the anime to a higher age rating.
The wedding episode did have it, they just didn't show it

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Man, they did Serena so dirty. Why can't she be at the stadium, when her crush is having the most important battle in his entire life? It's like an international event that everyone is watching, and we haven't even seen her watch the TV! Hopefully she'll appear in the next episode somewhere. But it will be too late to make a good impression anyway. Unless they seal it up with another kiss? (very unlikely)

Why? Pokemon should be a higher age rating. Like the same rating as Naruto
This right here. Pokemon should really have a higher age rating.

Man, they did Serena so dirty. Why can't she be at the stadium, when her crush is having the most important battle in his entire life? It's like an international event that everyone is watching, and we haven't even seen her watch the TV! Hopefully she'll appear in the next episode somewhere. But it will be too late to make a good impression anyway. Unless they seal it up with another kiss? (very unlikely)

This right here. Pokemon should really have a higher age rating.
BASED.

@Hanzer While I do love how Serena’s character was presented in how much she’s grown in JN105, that’s the only thing I like about that episode. I hate how people think that it was a perfect representation of her character because most of it wasn’t about Ash. Heck, her purpose to inspire Chloe meant NOTHING in the end because Chloe STILL doesn’t know what to do and didn’t even call back on Serena yet, so Serena inspiring Chloe was a waste of time.
And as for the Amourshipping scene, the fact that they literally spent only thirty seconds on Ash and Serena reuniting with each other is a travesty. While they may have an episode together in the future solely focused on Amourshipping, it’s not likely. What really grinds my gears is the set up of the scene where Ash and Serena reunite. They clearly say that they will support each other and you are left thinking that they will actually get substantial time at the end, but clearly it seems that scene was just one giant piece of bait to satisfy Amourshippers. I like the fact that Serena quotes Ash’s advice, but that doesn’t add anything romantically to their relationship, especially when Ash’s feelings for Serena were never even addressed. And I’m not even getting into the complete absence of the ribbon yet, but the lack of follow up at the end of JN105 is the most major concern of mine.
I have more to say but that’s it for now.
When I’m finished reading The Great Gatsby I’ll write something about how the green light relates to Amourshipping, but that might be moot as Pokemon most likely will never follow up on that scene at all and it’s just the delusionment of Amourshippers and endless waiting and hoping.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
As disappointing as it may be but in context, it makes sense why Serena wasn't present. Like Ash, Serena is at the level where she is aiming to be the best of the best. She's no longer just some performer/coordinator in Hoenn. She needs to keep pursuing her own goal and she has a reputation to keep. JN105 had Serena wanting to aim even higher and got on the same level as Ash. If she had to stop now just to watch him in person, who knows what opportunity she could have missed. If anything, if Ash learned that Serena stopped pursuing her goals just for him, pretty sure he'd feel bad about it.

Anyway, one last chance to show Serena this coming Friday, I still have my expectations low but considering how the lemon siblings had a brief cameo from the last episode, I'm at least expecting the same case will happen with Serena.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Personally, I think we'll be seeing Serena, Brock and maybe Cilan given they've gotten appearances on previous episodes (or a still shot/random line in Cilan's case)

ComedianGuy8

As disappointing as it may be but in context, it makes sense why Serena wasn't present. Like Ash, Serena is at the level where she is aiming to be the best of the best. She's no longer just some performer/coordinator in Hoenn. She needs to keep pursuing her own goal and she has a reputation to keep. JN105 had Serena wanting to aim even higher and got on the same level as Ash. If she had to stop now just to watch him in person, who knows what opportunity she could have missed. If anything, if Ash learned that Serena stopped pursuing her goals just for him, pretty sure he'd feel bad about it.

Anyway, one last chance to show Serena this coming Friday, I still have my expectations low but considering how the lemon siblings had a brief cameo from the last episode, I'm at least expecting the same case will happen with Serena.
In that case, I wouldn't mind that Serena watches his battle on television.

Pathetic. She needs to interact with Ash in person even if she’s busy with her job. He is more important than any gig she does.

Epicocity

Pathetic. She needs to interact with Ash in person even if she’s busy with her job. He is more important than any gig she does.
Wow...this kind of statement is the exact reason people think Serena is just her crush on Ash.

Serena's her own character. She doesn't, and should never, revolve around Ash, and thinking she should shows just how much more you care for the ship than the actual characters inside the ship.

Likewise, why should Pokemon have a higher age rating? It's meant to be enjoyed by people of all ages. It's why the games are rated E, you know, for Everyone. It doesn't need to trend higher than it currently does just so, what, we can see a kiss? Really? I think it's just fine with what we got, and in fact works better. Especially when you see how weird a lot of those "Ash and Serena kiss on the escalator uncensored" arts look.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Wow...the level of unhealthy co-dependence is strong with this one.

Serena is appearing in JN132. Maybe she and Ash will get together in the next episode

Heekful

Serena is appearing in JN132. Maybe she and Ash will get together in the next episode

Can you please stop ? You keep embarrassing yourself and Amourshippers at the same time, you're one of the reason why we're hated here.

And while a (somewhat credible) leaker said that she'll appear this friday is true, the fact that Lisia is also mentionned appearing as well by this leaker just solidify that it's going to be a short cameo of both Serena and Lisia watching the battle. I highly doubt they'll both go to the stadium, so I don't get why you keep having stupid and nonsense expectations.

Can you please stop ? You keep embarrassing yourself and Amourshippers at the same time, you're one of the reason why we're hated here.

And while a (somewhat credible) leaker said that she'll appear this friday is true, the fact that Lisia is also mentionned appearing as well by this leaker just solidify that it's going to be a short cameo of both Serena and Lisia watching the battle. I highly doubt they'll both go to the stadium, so I don't get why you keep having stupid and nonsense expectations.
Maybe she’ll be at the celebration party then