• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Maybe she’ll be at the celebration party then

plz-stop-post.jpg

Why. I just want my ship to be canon. If Serena doesn’t interact in person with Ash again then JN105 will be a complete waste

Any chance of a canonical endgame in my eyes was effectively killed with episode 105. Yajima isn't in charge of the show anymore and bearing a complete curveball out of nowhere in the SV anime or some movie, his vision for their relationship ended with XYZ.

Im convinced at this point this dude is either very young or isnt even an XY/Serena stan and is secretly an extremist SM/JN fan trying to make XYZ fans look as bad as possible :p
1. I have never been in a romantic relationship.
2. I am very passionate about Amourshipping that I put the ship over everything else. I’m like that with everything I’m passionate about and I will defend those opinions to death.
3. I am young, but not very young.
4. I hate SM and JN with a passion.

cricket for the love of god, stop embarrassing yourself for once, it's gonna be a 3 seconds TV cameo and you will like it, there's no romance, no endgame, it's Pokemon, Yajima will never come back.

Epicocity

Look, it's fine and dandy to want characters to get together, but none of it has been a main function of the show.

I'm still an Amourshipper. But at this point (even perhaps in the past) I don't expect it to become some canon thing. That's what fanfics are for. including my lengthy current 11 book saga that's about to jump to 17

And personally, I'm happy with that. Because to me, Ash's journey should always end with him and Pikachu walking towards the sunset, off on their next adventure. That's all I need.

Morax

King of heroes
Pathetic. She needs to interact with Ash in person even if she’s busy with her job. He is more important than any gig she does.
What you’re asking for does sound pretty wholesome but it needs to be a two-way decision or you’ll get retards yelling ‘BuT shE’s MoRE tHaN jUSt ShiPPinG!’ . For example, Akio and Sanae from clannad gave up pursuing their careers to be with each other after their daughter was born. Prioritizing love over career is certainly not as crazy as the schmucks here seem to be pushing but it needs to be mutual.

images

So basically : serena giving up on her career for Ash = Desperate
Both of them giving up their careers for each other = Wholesome

Is how the world works.

Last edited:
What you’re asking for does sound pretty wholesome but it needs to be a two-way decision or you’ll get retards yelling ‘BuT shE’s MoRE tHaN jUSt ShiPPinG!’ . For example, Akio and Sanae from clannad gave up pursuing their careers to be with each other after their daughter was born. Prioritizing love over career is certainly not as crazy as the schmucks here seem to be pushing but it needs to be mutual.

images

So basically : serena giving up on her career for Ash = Desperate
Both of them giving up their careers for each other = Wholesome

Is how the world works.
Yeah I still think that Serena should pursue her dream
including my lengthy current 11 book saga that's about to jump to 17
17??? Wtf
So is Hanna going to be protag for one of them

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I sometimes wonder why we like to pretend that these characters are real people. The ‘career’ excuse doesn’t work because Serena is NOT a real person with a real schedule. Dawn made it into the stands despite also being a career focused character as well, which means they can free up any character they want for any reason.

Not having Serena in the stands during his biggest battle (and honestly, Misty, Brock, etc) is indefensible.

Last edited:

Speed22

17??? Wtf
So is Hanna going to be protag for one of them
Shut up and let the man do what he wants.

I sometimes wonder why we like to pretend that these characters are real people. The ‘career’ excuse doesn’t work because Serena is NOT a real person with a real schedule. Dawn made it into the stands despite also being a career focused character as well, which means they can free up any character they want for any reason.

Not having Serena in the stands during his biggest battle (and honestly, Misty, Brock, etc) is indefensible.
Agreed on that last part, the only thing that'll make it justifiable is if she is literally about to do a performance or just finished one. As for Dawn, she isn't career focused anymore, she just does whatever.

*cough cough* She's there to shill Piplup merch. *cough cough*

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

Dawn is portrayed to be a lot more laid back than other characters with similar careers. She has a habit of traveling everywhere and focusing on every little thing along the way. Thus it makes sense for her to show up in the Finals in person.

Goh's departure from Ash's big finale is the explanation for why Serena, Misty, Brock and others are not there in person. They could have had Goh stick around for the Finals cheering Ash on. Maybe have Gary there as well. But the show decides that Goh has to leave despite being Ash's companion for the entire duration of JN up until then.

Pokémon is not real, but it does represent reality from time to time. That's why Ash losing in Indigo League was such a big deal back then. Because narrative-wise, you expect Ash to win as the protagonist, but he doesn't in the Indigo League. In fact, he doesn't even fight Gary who gets knocked out before Ash. They made these choices to show that reality doesn't write a hero's journey narrative for you. You have to make it work yourself.

Goh wants to be there for Ash, yet that would require him sacrificing his dreams for Project Mew. He doesn't want to leave Ash, but he also doesn't want to lose his dreams too. The same can apply to Brock, Misty, and Serena. They want to be there for Ash, but likely had other priorities to deal with.

And when you get down to it, there'll come a point where Ash and Pikachu just travels alone. Perhaps disappear for a few years and only found on top of Mt. Silver. Reunions are times to cherish, but priorities always parts them.

As for Serena being there in finals... Honestly, I did expected Serena and Lisa to do live Pokémon Performance/Contest during the half-way time to give Ash a little boost of confidence.

Ghyst

Rowlet Enthusiast
Wow...this kind of statement is the exact reason people think Serena is just her crush on Ash.

Serena's her own character. She doesn't, and should never, revolve around Ash, and thinking she should shows just how much more you care for the ship than the actual characters inside the ship.

Likewise, why should Pokemon have a higher age rating? It's meant to be enjoyed by people of all ages. It's why the games are rated E, you know, for Everyone. It doesn't need to trend higher than it currently does just so, what, we can see a kiss? Really? I think it's just fine with what we got, and in fact works better. Especially when you see how weird a lot of those "Ash and Serena kiss on the escalator uncensored" arts look.
OMG ARE YOU THE EPICOCITY ON FANFICTION I LOVE YOUR AMOUR WORKS

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Dawn is portrayed to be a lot more laid back than other characters with similar careers. She has a habit of traveling everywhere and focusing on every little thing along the way. Thus it makes sense for her to show up in the Finals in person.

Goh's departure from Ash's big finale is the explanation for why Serena, Misty, Brock and others are not there in person. They could have had Goh stick around for the Finals cheering Ash on. Maybe have Gary there as well. But the show decides that Goh has to leave despite being Ash's companion for the entire duration of JN up until then.

Pokémon is not real, but it does represent reality from time to time. That's why Ash losing in Indigo League was such a big deal back then. Because narrative-wise, you expect Ash to win as the protagonist, but he doesn't in the Indigo League. In fact, he doesn't even fight Gary who gets knocked out before Ash. They made these choices to show that reality doesn't write a hero's journey narrative for you. You have to make it work yourself.

Goh wants to be there for Ash, yet that would require him sacrificing his dreams for Project Mew. He doesn't want to leave Ash, but he also doesn't want to lose his dreams too. The same can apply to Brock, Misty, and Serena. They want to be there for Ash, but likely had other priorities to deal with.

And when you get down to it, there'll come a point where Ash and Pikachu just travels alone. Perhaps disappear for a few years and only found on top of Mt. Silver. Reunions are times to cherish, but priorities always parts them.

As for Serena being there in finals... Honestly, I did expected Serena and Lisa to do live Pokémon Performance/Contest during the half-way time to give Ash a little boost of confidence.
Firstly, the part about Dawn being the most 'laid back' is patently false, because she was shown to be the most focused and driven out of Ash's companions for the longest time; the one with the clearest path, and the most drive to succeed. Hell, May started her journey without a goal in mind, and Serena switched career paths after her journey so she could learn more about being a better performer. The only reason she feels 'laid back' is because Journeys has portrayed her as a stagnant character who hasn't done anything of note since DP, while other characters have made visible progress.

Secondly, most of Ash's pre-Alola companions have a habit of traveling everywhere. The only ones who're slightly 'inflexible' are those who're stuck with Gyms to manage, and even they can find time to travel halfway across the globe. Hell, Brock's studying to become a doctor and still finds time to camp out in the wilderness, as we saw in the Rocket radio episode. Plus, the bit about 'focusing on every little thing' is incredibly vague, and I don't see how that wouldn't apply to Ash's other companions.

Anyway, what I'm getting at here is that the basic reasoning here completely falls flat. I'd at least understand if nobody showed up, but Dawn did; making all the other absences stick out even worse than they normally would. Hell, even Ash's mom isn't there! Pokémon battling is the greatest sport in the Pokémon universe, and Ash is just about to become the single greatest athlete in said sport; what parent wouldn't show up to cheer on their only child in a situation like this? How does that 'represent reality'?

With Goh, at least, it's understandable because he's also in a situation where he has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that he absolutely cannot miss out on, otherwise he'd 100% be there. On the other hand, Misty, Cilan and Clemont are Gym Leaders (though Clemont, with his Clembot, has even less of an excuse). Brock's studying to become a doctor. Iris was literally there, but decided to leave for...reasons. As for Serena, she isn't even working towards her actual end-goal (Kalos Queen) right now; contests are an overglorified side-quest. The Alola gang...I dunno, for all the hype around them being 'family', you'd think at least they would try to make it there.

Are you saying that all of these characters, on the same week, maybe even on the same day, found life-changing opportunities or got stuck in something that is so immediate that it absolutely can't be put off? And out of them all, only Dawn was the one with enough free time?

I dunno, man...sounds like incredibly shaky logic.

Last edited: