• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Alain: Am I a joke to you
Alain is there. He just mastered the ability to stand incredibly still that he's become invisible to the eye....

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Also, is it weird that Kito Akari became one of my favorite seiyuu just because she voiced PKMNEX Serena and Nezuko? Since then, I immediately liked her other roles such as Tsukasa from Tonikawa and Kotoko from in/spectre (though I already liked Kotoko even before)

I didn't even know they shared a VA.

But she makes a great Serena. Just as she does Nezuko.

If I had the skills, I'd do an use the games' sprites to do an animation of oni!Nezuko and masters!Red having conversations lol

Alain is there. He just mastered the ability to stand incredibly still that he's become invisible to the eye....

He's changed his name to Calem

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
>521 votes : not popular
>others have like 100 : popular

lmao
where can i view the character rankings? i’m just curious

Satoshi no masara

To the surprise of no one, Ash's journey will continue in Paldea. Though after finishing SV recently, all I can say is I really hope Ash gets to travel with Nemona, Penny and Arven. Especially Arven, my guy needs a friend like Ash.

Kaede Hondo, Nakahara Mai, Hayami Saori or Ueda Reina would make a better serena.
Nah rie takahashi, nao toyama or risa taneda works better
IMO I think Kito Akari is just fine as Serena. it's closer to Mayuki Makiguchi's voice. Saori Hayami would be nice but it's already too late

Yet another VA that doesn’t fit the character. This anime has always been terrible at choosing their seiyuus lel
Not that I think the VA casting for Chloe doesn't fit but Kana Hanazawa should've been casted for a better character.

Speaking of VAs, I think Nate/Kyouhei in Pokemon Masters doesn't fit as well. I still prefer Miyuu Irino (Sora, Tadakuni, Syaoran, Jinta) when he did the voice in the BW animated trailer

Lel the new serena is weak to ash.

Ash is a top confirmed

Serena’s greninja loses to calem’s greninja (its color scheme similar to a certain black lizard) in the new event. Calem is also voiced by Alain’s VA.

Now she and ash have something in common LMAO
Pretty sure Serena wouldn't mind.

Based on the recent story event, I think PKMN Masters EX pretty much confirms that Serena is the player character while Calem is the rival.

Heekful

Lel the new serena is weak to ash.

Ash is a top confirmed

Serena’s greninja loses to calem’s greninja (its color scheme similar to a certain black lizard) in the new event. Calem is also voiced by Alain’s VA.

Now she and ash have something in common LMAO

Champion Serena also mentions in her sync pair story that she had "fights" in the past with her Greninja, so Ash and her have another thing in common.

To the surprise of no one, Ash's journey will continue in Paldea. Though after finishing SV recently, all I can say is I really hope Ash gets to travel with Nemona, Penny and Arven. Especially Arven, my guy needs a friend like Ash.

IMO I think Kito Akari is just fine as Serena. it's closer to Mayuki Makiguchi's voice. Saori Hayami would be nice but it's already too late

Not that I think the VA casting for Chloe doesn't fit but Kana Hanazawa should've been casted for a better character.

Speaking of VAs, I think Nate/Kyouhei in Pokemon Masters doesn't fit as well. I still prefer Miyuu Irino (Sora, Tadakuni, Syaoran, Jinta) when he did the voice in the BW animated trailer

Pretty sure Serena wouldn't mind.

Based on the recent story event, I think PKMN Masters EX pretty much confirms that Serena is the player character while Calem is the rival.

Well I don't know how to feel about that news, I guess if Chloe and Go stay that's kinda good for us. We'll see.

Akari Kito to me sounds a bit like Mayuki Makiguchi so I agree with you here, also , Calem being the rival was obvious since day one because he first came into the game with a Meowstic, a mon that the rival in XY always send first (as if Serena having Zygarde wasn't obvious enough LOL).

This post from an OFFICIAL Pokemon account also 100% confirms it, as it uses footages from Pokemon XY with Calem as the rival.

(That Amazing "Friends forever" OST is everywhere when it comes to Serena shippings this year it seems huh?)

Heekful

Even the PV’s for them say "Best Friend and Best Rival" LMAO. But eh what did you expect from Pokemon, they avoid romance like the plague.

458.jpg

I was more referring to Ash and Serena reunion in JN105 because they used the same « Friends forever » OST used in this little trailer with Rival Calem.

Even if it’s named like that I still think it sounds kinda romantic, especially the anime version.

Satoshi no masara

Welp, got Champion Serena and my wallet wasn't very happy about it but only after earning enough scout points. She and Greninja have decent stats. Also, I immediately invited Serena in the Pokémon lodge pretending that it's Ash's POV and talking to her
Champion Serena also mentions in her sync pair story that she had "fights" in the past with her Greninja, so Ash and her have another thing in common.
As if I didn't have enough reason to wish for Ash w/ Ash-Greninja to be featured in the future. Would be a nice event like a champion vs champion battle. Could also apply with Calem....but we don't talk much about that guy here

AARTX

Dead inside…
Anyways, Ash continuing past JN (unless companion appearances are the new norm in JN and beyond) means Amour is back to hiatus mode. But if you ask me, I guess it’s safe to assume the writers won’t touch the romantic aspect of the pairing ever again.

I’m starting to pity the folks over at twitter who still expect anything Amour related in the next series.

Last edited:
Ash continues past JN… maybe this means he ages…

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
We won’t know anything about what this means until tomorrow.

Has TV Tokyo ever preannounced updates on the anime this way?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
We won’t know anything about what this means until tomorrow.

Has TV Tokyo ever preannounced updates on the anime this way?

Normally, the new anime is announced a few months before release. And typically, it's announced during or slightly after the final story arc.

What makes this announcement so strange is that it's never been this late before. We should have gotten a poster of the new anime after Ash defeated Leon, which is the perfect gap between Ash's victory and the release of SV.

Satoshi no masara

Considering that JN broke the tradition of staying in just one region, I won't be surprised if the next season will just be a continuation. If I'm not mistaken, there's already some unannounced upcoming episodes past what episodes we've known so far. My only concern now is what will they do for Ash now that he's the world champion. I'm not sure what other goal he'll do now unless they wanted him back to school, which is the theme of SV.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Considering that JN broke the tradition of staying in just one region, I won't be surprised if the next season will just be a continuation. If I'm not mistaken, there's already some unannounced upcoming episodes past what episodes we've known so far. My only concern now is what will they do for Ash now that he's the world champion. I'm not sure what other goal he'll do now unless they wanted him back to school, which is the theme of SV.

Considering that the main protagonist in SV is a mere avatar for the player and Nemona is described as either Ash or Goku in terms of personality, I suspect Ash may be a mentor to a new trainer.