• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Speed22

Welp, got Champion Serena and my wallet wasn't very happy about it but only after earning enough scout points. She and Greninja have decent stats. Also, I immediately invited Serena in the Pokémon lodge pretending that it's Ash's POV and talking to her

As if I didn't have enough reason to wish for Ash w/ Ash-Greninja to be featured in the future. Would be a nice event like a champion vs champion battle. Could also apply with Calem....but we don't talk much about that guy here
I got champion Serena first time, get on my level pleb. The A-G model is still in the game as far as I'm aware, TPC can't be that petty to order DeNA to remove it.

Masters Serena is older than Ash, yet he's either as tall as her, or is slightly taller than her.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I got champion Serena first time, get on my level pleb. The A-G model is still in the game as far as I'm aware, TPC can't be that petty to order DeNA to remove it.

Masters Serena is older than Ash, yet he's either as tall as her, or is slightly taller than her.
Honestly giving me a slight hope for XY Ash and AG, especially with the 10th anniversary just next year.

Yeah, either Game Serena shorter than anime Serena or Ash has grown taller
This post Dogasu's made is interesting:

If it's indeed continuing - and I wouldn't mind if it did - it's really strange not revealing a new arc.

Well, we'll see tomorrow
Maybe not wanting to leak too much? Come to think of it, there's really no information on when exactly the new anime will be released. Much as I hate recaps but I feel they are doing it just to extend give some time for the production of gen 9 anime.

Anyway, Rica Matsumoto also tweeted something about Ash continuing.

The article she's pertaining to doesn't say if it will be a continuation or a complete reboot though.

SatoSere

Many wish in the final episode, Satoshi (Ash, Sacha Ketchum) returns to Pallet Town to receive him with a celebration party for becoming world champion Satoshi accompanied by his loved ones, pokemon and Serena. Also to seeing Satoshi and Serena express their feelings and join a journey together like main protagonists to a new story in the new region, gen9. Possible official growth of both to 14 years.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Honestly giving me a slight hope for XY Ash and AG, especially with the 10th anniversary just next year.

Yeah, either Game Serena shorter than anime Serena or Ash has grown taller

Maybe not wanting to leak too much? Come to think of it, there's really no information on when exactly the new anime will be released. Much as I hate recaps but I feel they are doing it just to extend give some time for the production of gen 9 anime.

Anyway, Rica Matsumoto also tweeted something about Ash continuing.

The article she's pertaining to doesn't say if it will be a continuation or a complete reboot though.
I thought Rica’s Twitter account was @rica_matsumoto3. That’s the one that was verified (before recent changes took effect)

And nothing about SV yet.
The summary for 135 suggests Ash and the gang going for a camping trip and telling childhood memories. Could Ash’s be meeting Serena?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Yeah wanna apologise I did overreact
Just got tired of the constant is Serena in this episode???? for every episode even when there's no logical way for her to be in that particular episode
tbf it wouldn't be unbelievable for Serena to come up as a part of Ash's childhood, it's just very unlikely (bordering on impossible).

Again though, can't blame a shipper for talking about shipping in a shipping thread.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Why would she come up as part of Ash's childhood when Ash didn't even originally remember the encounter? It'll be more meaningful for him to remember that XY cave encounter from his childhood then anything else
I mean, weirder things have happened. Again, a shipper theorizing about shipping in a shipping thread is not only predictable, but desirable; it's on-topic, at least.
And yeah, it's just Cricket was spamming it in every thread so kinda just ended up exploding on him, it was unwarranted and I apologise
Ah well...that's just cricket being cricket. It's perfectly okay to laugh at him if he's doing it elsewhere.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
If there's any reason for Serena to be included in a flashback, it's likely when Ash is remembering all his past companions. That's the most realistic and probable scenario in the next episode. Anyway, I was kinda hoping for a big reunion with all the companions and not just the JN trio taking a camping trip but that's too ambitious for this anime

Morax

King of heroes
tbf it wouldn't be unbelievable for Serena to come up as a part of Ash's childhood, it's just very unlikely (bordering on impossible).

Again though, can't blame a shipper for talking about shipping in a shipping thread.
I mean if this were any other anime they wouldn’t waste a moment to capitalize on the ship and drop a few hints but you’re watching pokemon….

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Even the PV’s for them say "Best Friend and Best Rival" LMAO. But eh what did you expect from Pokemon, they avoid romance like the plague.

458.jpg

They don't, Masuda has said Sana was meant as the romantic interest for Calme.

Epicocity

I mean if this were any other anime they wouldn’t waste a moment to capitalize on the ship and drop a few hints but you’re watching pokemon….
I don't see what this has to do with anything. If another anime does it this way it must be good? Other anime are just as prone to bad writing, perhaps even moreso at times.

And besides, how is it bad writing to not capitalize on something...that has nothing to do with the moment. Like it's clear this is reminiscing on their time with Pokemon, not their time with other people. Ash suddenly thinking about Serena has literally nothing to do with that and would be out of place. It would be worse writing than whatever you or any of the other people who just want her to appear think would be good writing.

Pokemon is not and will never be a romance anime. They will not explicitly drop the idea of Pokemon and the friendships with them being the most important part over two characters getting together. This lies nowhere in the realm of "good" or "bad" writing. This lies in the realm of genre and intent.

So, please, let's not bandy weird assumptions around.