• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Heekful

I really go back and forth on this. On one hand, for the sake of everyone's sanity, a definitive answer would be great to end all of the speculation and finally say once and for all which ship was destined for canon. And on the other hand, it would likely kill the Ash shipping communities. One pairing gets a very restrictive canon with little room for fan creativity, and all of the others get squashed.

And, y'know, there's no guarantee you'll like whoever Ash ends up with.

maybe they've already given us a big hint
AL7gk6A.png

I agree but at the same time when you think about it… what’s the point of keeping the « shipping communities » alive for them ? It’s not like the show with Ash will continue, he’s leaving so if there’s a moment to finally confirm any Ash shipping it’s now or never.

Not saying they’ll 100% do it , Pokemon is all about catching creatures and aventures so they don’t NEED to do it but it’s not like they’ll lose viewership if they confirm Amour/Poke/Pearl since the show with Ash is ending.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I agree but at the same time when you think about it… what’s the point of keeping the « shipping communities » alive for them ? It’s not like the show with Ash will continue, he’s leaving so if there’s a moment to finally confirm any Ash shipping it’s now or never.

Not saying they’ll 100% do it , Pokemon is all about catching creatures and aventures so they don’t NEED to do it but it’s not like they’ll lose viewership if they confirm Amour/Poke/Pearl since the show with Ash is ending.
Not to mention, shippers are honestly the worst part of the fandom; some of the loudest, most toxic and most annoying people come from 'shipping communities'. Just letting it end once and for all would be great, since it would result in one 'flash in the pan' and then...nothing.

Besides, shippers gonna ship no matter what the anime does. You think people are gonna stop writing and reading fanfics just because something is canon and something else isn't?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

You do have a point here, and yes from their perspective they definitely won't lose viewership over it. I just mean that for our purposes, much like how there's so much speculation about who Ash's father is that's led to so many fanworks, there's the same thing with the pairings. The open-ended nature of it keeps people engaged and creating.
Not to mention, shippers are honestly the worst part of the fandom; some of the loudest, most toxic and most annoying people come from 'shipping communities'. Just letting it end once and for all would be great, since it would result in one 'flash in the pan' and then...nothing.

Besides, shippers gonna ship no matter what the anime does. You think people are gonna stop writing and reading fanfics just because something is canon and something else isn't?
Of course, whether you consider having shippers to be good or bad is really a personal preference lol.

Though I will say, we did indeed observe a decline in fanfiction and the like, starting at a point that lined up perfectly with the kiss entering canon. There were several factors that led to the low popularity of the Alola pairings but the kiss was definitely one of them. It's not a stretch to think people produced less content when they felt less confident in a pairing.

Heekful

I know someone who would love that (right @Satoshi no masara ?)

That would amplify the "related to Serena" theories even more because this voice actress is... Serena's voice in Masters.

It's the symbol, combined with people just wanting it to happen.

I know you're talking about Ash but for Serena there's the fact that the blue eyes and shape of the face REALLY reminds people of Serena, let's be real. If she had pink hair and red eyes or something like that nobody would have made those theories to begin with.

Imagine if this is actually Serena's daughter but the dad is not Ash, I honestly would like to see that just to see the world burn don't hit me please.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Can’t wait for pokemon to pull a xenoblade 3 and have Ash marry Misty, Dawn, and Serena in the timeskip LOLOLOL
I still cannot believe they had Rex implied that he had babies with Pyra, Mythra and Nia at the end of XB3, lol.. Truly a Gigachad

Which, btw, reminds me of this fanart
Where one shipping war ends, another begins.

Prepare for the Liko x [preferred boy] ships.
Rico x Arven would be nice. My boy will need all the hug and supports he can get

I'm still on the fence when it comes to Rico being Ash's daughter but all these "connections" are making me want to know more about how she could potentially be connected to him

And while we're over-analyzing things, the side pockets reminds me of the side pockets of Serena's

True, I mean, NaruSaku and IchiRuki shippers did not end despite their rival ships becoming canon. I still don't understand the fascination towards a pairing that was already shot down by its rivaling ship

This won't stop till we know whether or not she's Ash's daughter, and I fear that we won't know for sure till at least March. Then, there's the whole 'will they make Amour canon or not' thing, which...yeah, I'm not too optimistic about.
ugh, yet another months of waiting. Anipoke sure know how to keep their audience. I swear I was ready to drop the anime after JN but then they pulled this trick and we're stuck here again while we try to deduce all these "hints" of who Rico is and whether or not, she has some sort of connection to Ash.
I’m not sure why people think she’s his daughter. Like what evidence do you got, a symbol? That could literally mean anything. Not every person wearing a red cape is superman.
I mean.....what else are gonna talk about in the next three months?

I know someone who would love that (right @Satoshi no masara ?)

That would amplify the "related to Serena" theories even more because this voice actress is... Serena's voice in Masters.

I know you're talking about Ash but for Serena there's the fact that the blue eyes and shape of the face REALLY reminds people of Serena, let's be real. If she had pink hair and red eyes or something like that nobody would have made those theories to begin with.

Imagine if this is actually Serena's daughter but the dad is not Ash, I honestly would like to see that just to see the world burn don't hit me please.

endgame-avengers.gif

No but really, if Kito Akari ends up voicing Riko, I'd watch the new show, regardless if she's Ash's daughter or not.

Also, the fact that she's holding both Pikachu and Sprigatitto is such a tease, whether it's intentional or not, lol

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

My point is that people seem to be almost convinced that she is his daughter….why? The symbol isn’t really concrete evidence. She could also be his cousin or something…
Well, my point is let them talk about it. If it ends up not happening then that's on them for believing such theories. Just let the shippers have this moment and don't ruin it for them. Personally, I'm still on the fence of whether she's her daughter or not but you gotta admit, it does bring some interesting conversation. We still have some months to wait for some information about the new characters. For now, just enjoy the ride.

Satoshi no masara

Hey i’m just saying that people should broaden their perspectives. Being his daughter isn’t the only alternative. She could also be the princess leia to his luke skywalker.
I mean this is the shippers side of the community so it's only logical to talk about her being a potential daughter. Though, I suppose being her daughter isn't the only connection that she could have with Ash. For all we know, he could also be her mentor (something that he has already done for May and Serena). Heck, I feel like the timeskip won't be that big. I can still see a scenario where Ash is still going to Paldea and befriend Riko and Roy.

Seeing people talk about potential Riko ships, there's a potential for a SatoRiko ship if Ash ends up going to Paldea still and I'm all for it

Akashin

My point is that people seem to be almost convinced that she is his daughter….why? The symbol isn’t really concrete evidence. She could also be his cousin or something…
I thought it was a combination of her symbol and her biography insinuating she could be his relative (or at least the daughter of some high profile person from Kanto, and Ash is the most likely candidate), while also bearing aesthetic similarities to Serena, which would only make sense if she is a daughter of the two of them.

It is of course entirely possible that the aesthetic similarities are nothing (this is anime, after all), and it's equally possible she's not related to Ash at all (I can't think of anyone else from Kanto she'd want to hide her relation to, though). But the notion that she's his daughter isn't totally out of left field or anything.

Heekful

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It’s even worse in Japan, there’s a ton of articles about it with thousand of likes and RTs.

At this point with how it’s a huge trending topic all over the world, the staff of this new anime should already be aware and laughing knowing that this girl and Ash/Serena are not related at all lmao
I wonder how bad the meltdowns will be if they ever officially reveal that they're not related in any way (something I'm expecting). Lol.

Satoshi no masara

I dunno why but the more I see of Rico, the more I think of "notice me senpai" archetype more than her being Ash's daughter
It’s even worse in Japan, there’s a ton of articles about it with thousand of likes and RTs.

At this point with how it’s a huge trending topic all over the world, the staff of this new anime should already be aware and laughing knowing that this girl and Ash/Serena are not related at all lmao
Anipoke Director: "I hope people are excited to know more about Satoshi's new companions!"
*Checks to Twitter and news articles*
Anipoke Director: *sweating intensely*

I wonder how bad the meltdowns will be if they ever officially reveal that they're not related in any way (something I'm expecting). Lol.
tbh, I don't think it will be that bad. I just feel that there will be some major disappointment but I think people will easily move on

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Anyways I think Serena has a pretty good chance of returning in the final 11 episode series, maybe Serena will meet Misty if Misty is returning as a companion again.

Satoshi no masara

Anyways I think Serena has a pretty good chance of returning in the final 11 episode series, maybe Serena will meet Misty if Misty is returning as a companion again.
hmm correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the 11-episode special supposed to be a recap of Ash's journey? If it does follow the OG anime up to JN, then I don't see Brock and Misty accompanying Ash all the way through JN. I think it's likely that Ash will be accompanied by the same friends that he travelled with on each region.

ComedianGuy8

This is an interesting observation, though I'm not certain they considered how close it would be to Valentine's Day. Still though, you're right, it would be very fitting.

As far as I know, Dawn has been popping up sporadically all series, and Iris had one episode earlier in the series before coming back for a couple of episodes at the master's. Misty and Brock are coming back for the 11-episode finale, and the Alola gang has popped up a couple of times. Aside from May, who's likely been left out due to KAORI's health, Serena has probably appeared with Ash the least despite being completely redesigned.

I commented on it when the episode aired but their reunion was so obviously engineered to leave the viewer wanting more. I don't think it's a stretch to think they'll be addressing it in the finale, 9-12 months later.

I honestly disagree with this. It was apparent from the start of the series (and I commented on it over three years ago) that Journeys would be telling the full story of Ash. Just as the first episode showed the beginnings of Ash and Pikachu, I think it was planned that the last episodes would conclude their story.
While it is true that Misty and Brock are coming back in an 11-episode special, it does not mean that the others (especially Serena) won't be appearing, we don't have that info at this point.

Heekful

Who said that Misty and Brock will be travelling with Ash from EP1 to EP11 ? I don't recall any official source saying this, they just said that they both will "appear" it doesn't say anywhere that they will be returning for the whole 11 episodes.

I know Misty and Brock were the firsts and the most iconic but it would be kinda unfair for all the other companions that Ash met during his journey , I hope all the companions (if they are set to appear of course) get at least one or two episodes each with Ash to end their respective stories as well.