• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

This PROVES that TOMIYASU MADE GOH TO UNDO AMOURSHIPPING. THIS is ICONOCLASM. ANYONE who CANT see IT can’t READ BETWEEN THE LINES.
That was from SM…

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The problem isn't "Ash acting his age" in SM/JN, but not logically following up on his previous development. OS showed that he was a kind-hearted boy with a stubborn and insecure streak, and the subsequent series till DP showed him slowly improving and maturing (before the hiccup that was BW, then being continued in XY). Then comes SM/JN with a sudden downgrade (and flanderized) version of that slow evolution, and that suddenness is what people (including me, even if I liked SM) jarring. Oh yeah, don't even forget about all the random out-of-character moments.
Tbh SM Ash straight up feels like a different character a lot of the time, not even a regressed/flanderized version like BW/JN respectively, but like a completely different person.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I didn't really mind how Ash was presented on SM. He still felt mostly the same for me.

Only didn't like the exagerated over the top it tried pulling off in the beggining but later on, they started balacing that more.

Also, unless I'm mistaken... Ash still didn't really cook his own food since he was basically living with Kukui and I think he was the one in charge of the kitchen. There was that one episode where he messed up with house chores but I don't recall he cooking anything by himself.

Anyway, those statement feels more like a way to explain "ok, Yokai Watch's smash hit success has taken Pokémon's thunder and we need to get back together by trying to outdo them in what they are doing".

=================

I'll agree with Panky's remark about Tomiyasu possibly not being that good with the management part of his position.

But then I'm not completly sure as the actual issue might have been something else altogether and Tomiyasu was simply unlucky of being there

vondecayle

Epicocity

I'm starting to wonder what happened to you all that you guys seem like you're screaming each other's ears off either to say "Hold on, Amour hope is on the way", "Amour is doomed" or "writers are hacks" (which, for the record, Tomioka remains one of the hardest working screenwriters in modern anime, so pretending he's some stupid hack bad writer is weird).

But really, I think we should have been at the point 6 years ago that no matter what happens in the anime, there are other ways to positively and creatively express support for a ship. Because no, Tomiyasu didn't want to kill Amour or any weird crackpot conspiracies. And diving into those is just not constructive.

You want a healthy expression of the ship, look at some nice fanart, read some solid fanfics. There are plenty out there. insert moment of promoting my own series which is continuing to this day and I think is a hell of a good read that probably 90% of amourshippers would enjoy if they like seeing their ship flourish while having characters with their own agency

Just please, stop. You guys are going down the insanely unhealthy rabbit hole.

Last edited:

Epicocity

This thread right now is what happens when there's no content. I mean, we could talk about Ancienverse and other fanfics, but we all know that someone is bound to complain to you because they didn't get what they want with the latest four AV stories you did. (Unless they learnt their lesson.)

IMO, I'd almost say you're too good for this fandom judging by some of the stuff you've had to put up with.

The problem with Tomioka, is that I think he's doing too much for someone his age. Not bagging him out or anything, but considering he did the M8 and the final arc coming up, I just feel that if he downscaled the amount of episodes he wrote a bit, we wouldn't have these moments where we go: "This guy is supposed to be one of the good writers?!" Which can happen to anyone.

All I'll say about Tomiyasu, is that he didn't hide his biases all that well in JN. Whether that includes him disliking XY or not is immaterial. (And you're probably right that it isn't the case.)

Some people are just going to do what they're going to do. Sometimes you've just got to let them.
All I'll say is that while Tomioka wrote the M8, reminder that he hadn't been on series construction since XY (with the next series being the first time he's back in that chair). SM and JN upended a lot of the world he pretty much helped to create since day 1.

And also remember that Tomiyasu was an assistant director on XY.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
All I'll say is that while Tomioka wrote the M8, reminder that he hadn't been on series construction since XY (with the next series being the first time he's back in that chair). SM and JN upended a lot of the world he pretty much helped to create since day 1.

interestingly enough Tomioka has been basically in charge of the entire PWC, not just the M8. I think the Leon debut 2 parter and Ash vs Raihan were the only major PWC matches he didn't write

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Because no, Tomiyasu didn't want to kill Amour or any weird crackpot conspiracies. And diving into those is just not constructive.
It’s of no use to reason with a conspiracy theorist. Conspiracies exist to build communities around shared nonsense beliefs. No amount of logic will dissuade a conspiracy theorist. It is best to do what I do to anti-vaxxers and just have security throw them out. Unfortunately, security around here seems to be lax.

Morax

King of heroes
It’s of no use to reason with a conspiracy theorist. Conspiracies exist to build communities around shared nonsense beliefs. No amount of logic will dissuade a conspiracy theorist. It is best to do what I do to anti-vaxxers and just have security throw them out. Unfortunately, security around here seems to be lax.
What happened to your serbian students who swore they met a Vampire?!

Hey @Epicocity I want to apologize for my behavior regarding the Ancienverse. I realize that the comments that I made were foolish and I now see that it’s okay for a pregnant woman to be separated for her husband for some time. I will read your fics in the future if I have the time.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
What happened to your serbian students who swore they met a Vampire?!
That happened during office hours, and I found it very funny. That’s honestly low on the totem pole of harmful conspiracies I deal with

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
.....You people really like throwing terms out of nowhere don't you
As I mentioned yes it's silly, yes SM put him in more comedic and flanderised moments but not 'inmature'. Esp when you consider the context was that Ash wanted to emulate his own Pokemon to help it train better and formulate a new method to help it train when the old ones weren't working.
I know it's JN, but you call this mature?
1654312546600.png

Anything good that Tomiyasu might have done or any goodwill he somehow built up was trashed in JN. I'm pretty sure the success of SM (according to SM Cultists) immediately went to his head as shown when he proceeded to give the Alola episodes to the writers who worked as the top staff in SM and also blow the animation budget on the Lillie episode. (I detest that episode's very existence.)

Now that that's out of the way, what about when Ash cheated during an assignment and threw a tantrum over Rotom Dex leaving? Admittedly the latter could have been saved had it been caused by pent up emotions from all the times that Ash had to release Pokémon.

But let's face it, most of these writers are too lazy to even consider that. I'd say untalented but that might be taking it a bit too far.

So no, it's a pretty accurate perception. SM Ash is far more immature than even his OS counterpart, and JN Ash is just a further continuation of SM Ash's personality. So forgive us for not having faith in someone who flat out admitted he wanted to make Ash more like a 10 year old, and then proceeded to screw that up. No ten year old acts like SM Ash, maybe a 7 or 8 year old at most!

Yuyama might give us a bone possibly, but I wouldn't count on it. Let's just say that I think it's more likely that the... "Special" Twitter crowd gets more fuel for their headcanons.
Hey clown, stop quoting me. I'm tired of your dumbass rants and brain-dead theories. Seriously, you're like 4Chan's ambassador here
The problem isn't "Ash acting his age" in SM/JN, but not logically following up on his previous development. OS showed that he was a kind-hearted boy with a stubborn and insecure streak, and the subsequent series till DP showed him slowly improving and maturing (before the hiccup that was BW, then being continued in XY). Then comes SM/JN with a sudden downgrade (and flanderized) version of that slow evolution, and that suddenness is what people (including me, even if I liked SM) jarring. Oh yeah, don't even forget about all the random out-of-character moments.
That's true for every series since DP though, ever since DP his consistent growth since the series hasn't continued and every series since has pretty much had their self contained version and characterisation of Ash with select characteristics overtuned or muted down.
XY's Ash is NOT a continuation of DP Ash in terms of characerisation like how DP was to AG and AG was to OS. There's significant differences. Heck id say BW Ash had more in common despite being incompetent as hell. The only thing continued was his development as a trainer, where he became as strong as he should be, something that continued with each series with respecting his strength and skills even if changing his personality as per the series tone
It’s a big jump to go from “we wanted Ash to grow by having him learn to do the things he used to rely on his companions for” and “we changed the tone to have a little more comedy” to “Tomiyasu doesn’t like Amour.”

Silliness? Sure. Immature? I’m not really sure I’d characterize that as Ash being immature.
Thank you!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
In what way is DP Ash not similar to XY, and more similar to BW, outside his skills as a trainer again? You really failed to elaborate the differences you mentioned, and lost me there.
Personality wise. I just don't see XY Ash as a natural extension at all to DP Ash sorry not sorry. Each series after DP has their own self contained characterisation of Ash they choose
I'm the clown?! You're the one who came in to this thread to run defence for a series that people in this particular thread tend to dislike and basically say that we're wrong for doing so and for seeing SM Ash as a hyperactive flanderized brat! And by the way, I wasn't the only person to point out that the Alola episodes got a lot more effort put into them on this site!

Get the hell out of here if all you're going to do is badger and insult people! And one more thing: The sort of behaviour that you just demonstrated is exactly why I don't like SM Fans!
I don't badger and insult people unless they deserve it, which crazy 4chan theorists like you deserve. Really can't be bothered you don't like SM fans when all you do is sprout garbage in this forum

Also I came in the thread to run defense for a series? Lmao? Poor reading comprehension is expected of you ig

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
If Serena returns for the mini-series AND they don't ignore Amour, do you think they will acknowledge the ribbon?
I'm pretty sure the first thing they'd need to address is the entire moment at the airport and their declaration. The ribbon, while an important symbol, is still a material compared to actual human emotions.

Last edited: