• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
This talk of fanfics reminds me that I need to revisit a few that I had in progress and...well...actually finish them.

World Turtle

Given it was a series that had Serena turn into a raging, jealous witch every time Ash made contact with other girls, I think it kinda falls into the realm of what they were talking about with regards to romance in fanfics. I didn't care for where that series was taking Serena.
Are you guys talking about Road to be a Pokémon Master by FanaticLAguy06? If so even with my cynicism towards shipping I probably would have passed on it from the first story’s summary. No disrespect to the author but Kanto retellings that say Ash will be “smarter” and more “mature” have been done to death and generally feature an overly idealized or perfect Ash who might as well be an OC or a sock puppet for the author.

It’s like people forget Kanto Ash was literally a kid just starting out back then and had lessons to learn and a bratty half pint attitude to grow out of. Knowing the basics so we can skip the “idiocy for the sake of exposition” moments is one thing, but making him the Sun Tzu of Pokémon Battles who never makes a mistake from the start kills any ability for growth or suspense.

Also there is frequently this smug kind of attitude to them “look how much better my Ash/story is compared to the source material” that just puts me off.

I’ve been reading fan fiction for a long time. I have many pet peeves.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Are you guys talking about Road to be a Pokémon Master by FanaticLAguy06? If so even with my cynicism towards shipping I probably would have passed on it from the first story’s summary. No disrespect to the author but Kanto retellings that say Ash will be “smarter” and more “mature” have been done to death and generally feature an overly idealized or perfect Ash who might as well be an OC or a sock puppet for the author.
Sounds like another dime a dozen stories.

World Turtle

Sounds like another dime a dozen stories.
Finding good stuff is hard and I know I should be more open to giving things a chance but stories with summaries that list “traits” they’re giving a character as a selling point tend to be red flags.

Smarter, Mature, Light, Dark, Gray, Evil, etc.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Speaking about fanfics One of my favorite amour fanfics is Everlasting Gratitude by TheSoundDefense I thought it was just a fluffy story about Ash and Serena in Alola but f*** no.

Last edited:
Speaking about fanfics One of my favorite amour fanfics is Everlasting Gratitude by TheSoundDefense I thought it was just a fluffy story about Ash and Serena in Alola but f*** no.
Is that the one where Ash is dead? I hate that one.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

It’s like people forget Kanto Ash was literally a kid just starting out back then and had lessons to learn and a bratty half pint attitude to grow out of. Knowing the basics so we can skip the “idiocy for the sake of exposition” moments is one thing, but making him the Sun Tzu of Pokémon Battles who never makes a mistake from the start kills any ability for growth or suspense.

Also there is frequently this smug kind of attitude to them “look how much better my Ash/story is compared to the source material” that just puts me off.

There is The Queen's Champion by Rotoscare, which is the first post-M8 Story that actually feels like a logical epilogue to Ash's story. It also has great fan art like these:

Fg4loK6WQAMYgGg
FghF3UKXoAcyDmh
Fgg2Cf1XkAAOqxV
FghF3CGWIAISLkD

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Just watched MPM01. As much as I want an ending were ash settles down with serena I got a sinking feeling that they would pull a dragon ball gt where ash just flies with latias to who knows where.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Cilan is confirmed to be returning in the 3rd epilogue episode, which confirms the returning cast won't be limited to Misty and Brock as some people speculated. This obviously also opens up the possibility and perhaps even the expectation that Serena returns, and likely a resolution for AmourShipping. Whether or not it'll be a resolution we like is something we can't know.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Cilan is confirmed to be returning in the 3rd epilogue episode, which confirms the returning cast won't be limited to Misty and Brock as some people speculated. This obviously also opens up the possibility and perhaps even the expectation that Serena returns, and likely a resolution for AmourShipping. Whether or not it'll be a resolution we like is something we can't know.
At most we’ll get an implication that Amour will be endgame then they pull an inazuma eleven go in the new series to reveal that he’s married or something like that.

This is assuming the new series is a part of the Ash and Pikachu universe and not a completely new one.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Honestly, with this saga's track record I could see them bringing in a Serena from an entirely different universe and have her end up with Ash instead.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
At most we’ll get an implication that Amour will be endgame then they pull an inazuma eleven go in the new series to reveal that he’s married or something like that.

This is assuming the new series is a part of the Ash and Pikachu universe and not a completely new one.

Honestly, with this saga's track record I could see them bringing in a Serena from an entirely different universe and have her end up with Ash instead.
I honestly don't want to rule anything out, on either extreme end of the spectrum. Journeys has already shown me enough moments that we thought would never come.

Heekful

At least now with this new opening we can see that Ash-Greninja is not fully retconned, so maybe the people saying Amour is retconned because Serena didn't blush in JN105 (which is part of her character development from the whole XY saga btw) can slow down a bit lol.

Honestly , the next announced episodes are going to be crucial to us (IMO) I just don't see them bringing Serena back for the very last episodes (hope I'm wrong) to me it's either she appears in EP 6-7-8 or she doesn't appear at all.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
At least now with this new opening we can see that Ash-Greninja is not fully retconned, so maybe the people saying Amour is retconned because Serena didn't blush in JN105 (which is part of her character development from the whole XY saga btw) can slow down a bit lol.

Honestly , the next announced episodes are going to be crucial to us (IMO) I just don't see them bringing Serena back for the very last episodes (hope I'm wrong) to me it's either she appears in EP 6-7-8 or she doesn't appear at all.
I honestly disagree with this, I could see them bringing her back as late as episode 10 or so. I think a middle episode would actually be worse for the odds of a favorable ending for AmourShipping. But after seeing Cilan of all people confirmed to return (and the intro helps), I have to imagine everyone is going to.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Well this was in the intro:
1673605646942.jpg

And guess who has decided that this was a gotcha/"It'S oVeR aMoUrBaBiEs!!! CoPE!!!" moment for Serena and Amour fans? I mean, it's never like it's enough for some people. Not mentioning that this was an XY endcard because that ruins the deluded headcanons of some people.

Though Tomiyasu is back and Ash-Greninja also appeared in the low effort OP, so I don't know what the staff is either smoking, drinking or snorting. And quite frankly I don't want to know.
It's really weird how serena's face look the most blurred in that part

Heekful

I honestly disagree with this, I could see them bringing her back as late as episode 10 or so. I think a middle episode would actually be worse for the odds of a favorable ending for AmourShipping. But after seeing Cilan of all people confirmed to return (and the intro helps), I have to imagine everyone is going to.

I hope your opinion is right, I just personally don't see them dedicating the final episodes to a Ash and Serena reunion (if Yajima was the director for this series maybe but seeing the people in charge... I don't see that happening).

Cilan appearing could just be because he didn't get any dedicated episode in Journeys , we need another one of Ash's friends like Iris/May/Serena/Dawn etc to fully confirm this theory.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Cilan appearing could just be because he didn't get any dedicated episode in Journeys , we need another one of Ash's friends like Iris/May/Serena/Dawn etc to fully confirm this theory.
This is a good point. I've heard some speculation that the Beartic episode could mean it's an Iris episode, so hopefully we'll know for sure soon.

Epicocity

That was the exact one being talked about.

From my memory, I don't think it got as bad as all that, as Ash was still a bit more noobish than other fics, but given he does win the Silver Conference, it definitely trended towards more "my Ash is smarter".

Personally, I'm also someone turned off by "Serena stays in Kanto" stories, which it was, since it implies she wants to stay there just because of the boy she likes, which, as you mentioned, turns her into this satellite character that revolves around Ash. And while Serena in that story cottons on to her dream quicker, the fact there's a prophecy that intertwines their fates, it firmly remains stuck in Serena revolving around him.

(and this is the reason I started in Kalos and went from there)