• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Personally, I'm also someone turned off by "Serena stays in Kanto" stories, which it was, since it implies she wants to stay there just because of the boy she likes, which, as you mentioned, turns her into this satellite character that revolves around Ash. And while Serena in that story cottons on to her dream quicker, the fact there's a prophecy that intertwines their fates, it firmly remains stuck in Serena revolving around him.

(and this is the reason I started in Kalos and went from there)
In that fanfic serena didn't stay in Kanto because of ash she stayed there because of he mother's work as a Rhyhorn racer since Rhyhorns are native to kanto

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’m so ****ing sick of Pokeshippers and Misty fans invading the forums. Now that Misty has come back it seems that there are Pokeshippers and Misty fans EVERYWHERE and it makes me sick.

AARTX

Dead inside…
So it’s probably a coincidence…but…

Look who’s top center…like…almost perfectly in the middle.
There was also a lyric card featuring Serena singing in the latest (and final) OST album.

Maybe a foreshadowing that Serena will return in her old XYZ outfit with the blue ribbon when they reunite?

misty and brock reverted to their OS outfits so it would make sense for her to return in her most iconic outfit

Heekful

There was also a lyric card featuring Serena singing in the latest (and final) OST album.

Maybe a foreshadowing that Serena will return in her old XYZ outfit with the blue ribbon when they reunite?

misty and brock reverted to their OS outfits so it would make sense for her to return in her most iconic outfit

Every single character that got to sing for an ending theme is featured in this album, it really doesn't mean anything.
There's May's ending song too which is an awesome tribute to KAORI.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Every single character that got to sing for an ending theme is featured in this album, it really doesn't mean anything.
There's May's ending song too which is an awesome tribute to KAORI.
Yeah, probably. Though I can still see Serena returning to her old outfit if this 11-episode series wants to bank on the nostalgia.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I’m so ****ing sick of Pokeshippers and Misty fans invading the forums. Now that Misty has come back it seems that there are Pokeshippers and Misty fans EVERYWHERE and it makes me sick.

I know shipping in certain fandoms can get toxic, but would people actually be upset if Ash didn't end up with a specific person? This is first and foremost a kids show about anthropomorphized monsters beating the crap out of each other, not a romance...

Whether it’s Serena, Misty, Dawn, Goh, Latias, or nobody at all, I don’t think it’s anything to lose sleep over.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I know shipping in certain fandoms can get toxic, but would people actually be upset if Ash didn't end up with a specific person? This is first and foremost a kids show about anthropomorphized monsters beating the crap out of each other, not a romance...

Whether it’s Serena, Misty, Dawn, Goh, Latias, or nobody at all, I don’t think it’s anything to lose sleep over.
Pretty much this. I'm not expecting Ash to get with anyone at all since this anime is pretty much just a 30 minute commercial to promote plushiemons and other Pokemon merchandizing and they don't really go deep into any storylines at all pretty much.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days

I stopped having expectations after black/white. I’m just watching out of curiosity at this point.

Its kinda funny that Ash showed more romantic moments with a random Latias (could be the M05 one) in one episode than with Serena in the whole XY series.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Its kinda funny that Ash showed more romantic moments with a random Latias (could be the M05 one) in one episode than with Serena in the whole XY series.

Eh, they had plenty of moments that had romantic undertones, even if those moments were exclusively driven by Serena's underlying feelings.

While XY Ash didn't overtly show signs that he viewed her as more than a good friend, he constantly looked after her and was protective of her. He was aware whenever she was down. He supported her goals and path. He was always very polite and kind to her. That's a strong foundation right there.

I guess the only major lacking aspect is that non-XY Ash is generally a more animated and goofy guy, and not afraid to clap back, but Serena didn't exactly have those type of interactions and banter with him, unlike other companions.

They haven't thought about how the opening will change with the scenes... Can you imagine they would put in an amour scene like the one with the kiss? It would raise a giant storm of sand
They would never do that but if they did… lots of controversy from parents (inappropriate) and from the fandom

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
They would never do that but if they did… lots of controversy from parents (inappropriate) and from the fandom
Who raised a controversy for the actual scene? Which parents?

The only one who raised a stink about it were the ones who were butthurt about it or feeling insecure through projection. IIRC, it was one of the top rated anime moments in Japan by vote (I forgot the exact details, it was brought up a lot of pages back) and Amour as a whole reigns supreme in Japan.

Heekful

Who raised a controversy for the actual scene? Which parents?

The only one who raised a stink about it were the ones who were butthurt about it or feeling insecure through projection. IIRC, it was one of the top rated anime moments in Japan by vote (I forgot the exact details, it was brought up a lot of pages back) and Amour as a whole reigns supreme in Japan.

Yeah exactly , Serebii is not the representation of the whole fandom, Amour is hated here sure, but it's still a massive minority.

Japan love Amourshipping , I remember when Serena came back back in April 2022 the whole fandom on social medias was hyped , some people that aren't even part of the fandom tweeted about it, even in the west.

For references, look how much attention (and support) it got at the time :

(35k likes)

(over 100k likes)

(This QRT and the original tweet)

The only time I saw the anime get that much attention in 2022 for an actual episode airing was for Ash vs Leon part 4, there were a lot of casual fans that don't usually watch the anime tweeting about Serena return on April 8th, this day was very amazing.

I'd say if Amour ends up canon the only controversy you'll see is in the West and it will only be minor, Japanese fandom will love it for sure.

And if you want to see a Japanese tweet about the kiss anniversary last year, I can find you one :

(18k likes)

(Still a bit sad that Serena overshadowed Lisia's first appearance in the anime... I guess it was worth it)

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Yes, there would be plenty of upset people even if the majority of fans weren't teenaged and older (which they are).

There would be controversy because this show is aimed for five year olds and kissing on a show for toddlers is controversial, even if it was an implied kiss.