• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Was Ash really jealous of Rudy's affections to Misty, or was he just frustrated that Rudy was not giving his attention to him on the battlefield? He remained oblivious to Rudy's words about being lucky to have Misty. And the whole blushing after the whole Team Rocket teasing is again an example of embarassament showing. Imagine hanging out with your friend and then all of a sudden, a bunch of people start insisting that you two are an item. You would be embarrassed and then immediately deny it. It's also an example of why blushing doesn't actually lead to romantic endgame. It shows they are capable of forming a romance, but it won't actually assure it.

Ash reciprocating Serena's feelings have to make sense to Ash's character. What we know of Ash's character is that he loves everyone and thus doesn't understand why romantic love would be more special. All he knows of romantic love is that it's that everyone is more happy. Thus, for Ash to reciporacate Serena's feelings is for him to be unusually happier with her than with any other companion. He wouldn't know it consciously, but his subconscious would as seen with the twinkles in his eyes.

The love epiphany he would have is something for him to realize when he's grown up... or maybe when he reencounters Serena again since this is the last series featuring Ash.
yeah, I also just wish that Serena had a long lasting impact on Ash just like how Ash had a long lasting impact on her

Unfortunately, that’s just not possible for a mostly static character whose development ended years ago, and is no longer allowed to develop further in any meaningful or permanent way.
Serena did have a long lasting impact on Ash, it just disappeared after XYZ ended, same where his character development went.
Heck even BW has more Ash character development compared to SM and JN… I’m fully expecting Ash to get little to no development in these final episodes because “HES GOTTA ACT 10”

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Frustrated, I'd say

But not going to lie, with the small pushes from 4Kids localization + some anime magazines from here pushing it, I thought it was the other way around back in the day.
Makes you wonder how would 4 kids handle amourshipping if they're still at the helm.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Did you know that the french dub did a huge edit ? In XY060 Ash literally said to Serena « The ribbon is the same color as your eyes, it’s so beautiful »

That’s the only big change the dub did for Amour afaik and it was in french lmao
Oh I know that but knowing how 4kids are hardcore pokeshippers they will probably tweek some scenes

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Are most of the anipoke YouTubers still amourshippers? I remember back in the XY days there were a lot of amour discussions among prominent anipoke YouTubers also 3 years ago LumioseTrainerZac made a video where he ranked amour as the number 1 ash ship now he seems indifferent to it based on his tweets I also remember KGprestige fawning about XY back then now he seems to hate it.

Are most of the anipoke YouTubers still amourshippers? I remember back in the XY days there were a lot of amour discussions among prominent anipoke YouTubers also 3 years ago LumioseTrainerZac made a video where he ranked amour as the number 1 ash ship now he seems indifferent to it based on his tweets I also remember KGprestige fawning about XY back then now he seems to hate it.
Pokeferlax and TASO are Amourshippers

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Amour one big drawback - it's fans. And it's lack of a satisfying resolution for Ash. <ahem>

Amour has two big drawbacks. It's fans, it's lack of a satisfying resolution for Ash, and it's perceived one-sideness.

I'll start again

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Are these people still prominent? I remember KGPrestige from years ago, but I honestly forgot he even existed until you mentioned his name.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Amour one big drawback - it's fans. And it's lack of a satisfying resolution for Ash. <ahem>

Amour has two big drawbacks. It's fans, it's lack of a satisfying resolution for Ash, and it's perceived one-sideness.

I'll start again

also, another drawback is the anime's adherence to the game's status quo since red doesn't have any romantic interest. Unless Confidentshipping(Red x Game Serena) becomes canon in gen 10 or at least masters

also, another drawback is the anime's adherence to the game's status quo since red doesn't have any romantic interest. Unless Confidentshipping(Red x Game Serena) becomes canon in gen 10 or at least masters
RedXYellow in Adventures

In response to this:
Serena giving up her crush and shipping Misty and Ash would be a crime against humanity. Not happening.
List of YouTubers:
Raf is neutral but leaning towards anti
Zanolith and Aleximo I’m pretty sure dislike Amour
Charusaru ships Amour
PRB12 ships Amour (duh)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Are these people still prominent? I remember KGPrestige from years ago, but I honestly forgot he even existed until you mentioned his name.
KG had copyright issues so he switched to discussing in streams, that's probably why

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The only poketuber I've followed was Pimpnite but his channel was mostly game-only with a few anime theme team.

Stopped watching with BDSP given my issues with that game.
Did you know that the french dub did a huge edit ? In XY060 Ash literally said to Serena « The ribbon is the same color as your eyes, it’s so beautiful »

That’s the only big change the dub did for Amour afaik and it was in french lmao
Honestly, as much as I like Serena more than misty and even if I support Amour, I didn't like that.

There's no excuse to alter dialogue like that. So I'm against it as much as I hate 4Kids shoehorning a misty reference on movie 6 (and thinking about the context, the line doesn't even make sense but that's for another time and thread)

So can we all agree that Serena showing up in the middle episodes (6-9) would be very bad for Amourshipping?