• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
This thread has turned from why you should support Amour to why you should give up hope so quickly. Well carry on then....

Vichoo

If XY taught me anything (apart from doing clickbaits, ruining dreams and selling smoke) it's that we never get carried away by the beginning and the middle, they always surprise us at the end... For me, Serena won't get her in one and she'll be in the episodes finals, just for this we need more companions to continue appearing (Something that is supposed to be 99% "officially" confirmed). And if they do, we won't know until hours before that episode.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Why? Because you're overdosing on hopium?
I don't overdose on anything, I'll see it how it is after it airs, and with the proper context, and then judge it. Unlike you and your internet-sibling.
Even if I did reflect and admit my faults, you'd just throw it back in my face! That's what everyone else in this forsaken fandom has done to me. I can do exactly what you said, I just don't want to. None of you will believe me anyway.
And ironically, once again, you keep proving my point and trying to deflect from you own problems.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Why? Because you're overdosing on hopium? Even if I did reflect and admit my faults, you'd just throw it back in my face! That's what everyone else in this forsaken fandom has done to me. I can do exactly what you said, I just don't want to. None of you will believe me anyway.
Dude...chill the hell out. Nobody's 'overdosing on hopium', we're just waiting to call anything before the series even ends, that too when all we have are nothingburther 'hints' that require heavy-duty shipping goggles.

If Serena does show up and the crush goes entirely unaddressed, then that's one thing and I, for one, will admit you were right all along. Thing is though, we have months before that happens so...can we just wait?

Heekful

Why? Because you're overdosing on hopium? Even if I did reflect and admit my faults, you'd just throw it back in my face! That's what everyone else in this forsaken fandom has done to me. I can do exactly what you said, I just don't want to. None of you will believe me anyway.

Even if what you said is true and Amour doesn’t become canon by the end… is this really a huge deal ? As far as I remember nobody promised us anything , there’s an old interview about Amour possibly becoming canon yes but the person interviewed doesn’t work for the anime anymore.

Like I said I would be disappointed but it’s not the end of the world , we still got a kiss which will always be remembered in a good (or bad) way but it still made history so no matter what happen in this 11 episodes series , what happened in XY&Z is forever.

You should really calm down , it’s just a kid show anyway, I wonder what you and Cricket will do once all of this will be over lol.

Panky..

Did I seriously make you so mad that you can't use spell check? That's hilarious!
And yet another deflection (a non-sequitur / strawman at that) to stray even further from the point, ironically proving it true.

Kid probably never heard about swype auto-suggest it seems.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I mean even if the crush goes unaddressed, as long as Ash isn't suddenly aged up in the finale does it really matter? Yajima's intrepretation of the final XYZ scene will still hold true anyway
It is really funny how an amour critic is more optimistic than some of the most zealous fans here

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I mean even if the crush goes unaddressed, as long as Ash isn't suddenly aged up in the finale does it really matter? Yajima's intrepretation of the final XYZ scene will still hold true anyway
If they have Serena show up once more and leave the crush entirely unaddressed, especially if Ash meets up with her, then it's safe to consider it, at the very least, sidelined if not outright soft-retconned.
Don't care.
You're the one who brought it up my guy

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
The dynamic of Ash and Misty is made clear. They are friendly but competitive rivals. If the show was able to do double Gym Quests, Misty would have certainly partaken it and the Pokémon League just to one up Ash.

The fact that Ash replaced Misty Lure with Cilian Lure so casually and Misty brings it up with frustration should tell all of you that Ash's feelings for Misty are not really romantic. And a reminder of why a kiss on the lips is far more impactful than any gifts exchanged between two people.
Gifts come and go. But a sacred first kiss stays with Ash forever.

This is why I emphasize on quality and not quantity. Oh sure, Ash and Misty have a lot of screentime together... dedicated to them being the squabbling duo trying to one up each other in a fierce rivalry. With only a maybe hint from Misty at the very end. Not exactly as impactful in terms of shipping like Ash and Serena briefly reuniting.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It is really funny how an amour critic is more optimistic than some of the most zealous fans here
I'm honestly tired of both the extremes
One that amourshipping is retconned and all when clearly it's still there and Yajima's intrepretation really isn't disproven in any way
And two that amourshipping is so integral to the show or shipping ever was integral that it's gonna take over and have that focus instead of other things.
Serena's crush is still pretty much there, albeit in a more mature way. Yajima's intrepretation hasn't really been retconned. And even if amourshipping isn't brought up again, as long as Ash isn't aged up in the end and shown with a different wife or something, XYZ's ending still stands so idk what's the issue

AARTX

Dead inside…
My only rule at this point is that, if Ash doesn't reciprocate their feelings, then it's not canon. Worst case scenario, this 11 episode special will end up being neutral when it comes to shipping.
You don’t even need to have Ash reciprocate. Just Serena being able to make him blush when they meet would be a clear indication already. Since it never happened to anyone aside from Giselle
The dynamic of Ash and Misty is made clear. They are friendly but competitive rivals. If the show was able to do double Gym Quests, Misty would have certainly partaken it and the Pokémon League just to one up Ash.

The fact that Ash replaced Misty Lure with Cilian Lure so casually and Misty brings it up with frustration should tell all of you that Ash's feelings for Misty are not really romantic. And a reminder of why a kiss on the lips is far more impactful than any gifts exchanged between two people.
Gifts come and go. But a sacred first kiss stays with Ash forever.

This is why I emphasize on quality and not quantity. Oh sure, Ash and Misty have a lot of screentime together... dedicated to them being the squabbling duo trying to one up each other in a fierce rivalry. With only a maybe hint from Misty at the very end. Not exactly as impactful in terms of shipping like Ash and Serena briefly reuniting.
Which is funny. The Misty lure used to be one of the big Pokeshipping hints on Ash’s side because they claim it’s "precious" to him.

Last edited:

Panky..

@Panky.. what's the matter? Am I no longer worthy of your esteemed presence?
Do you have reading comprehension problems or did you not get the message in my signature to not ping me for stupid reasons? As for your question, I believe anyone with a sensible mind and a decent IQ are tired of the likes of you and cricket here.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I'm honestly tired of both the extremes
One that amourshipping is retconned and all when clearly it's still there and Yajima's intrepretation really isn't disproven in any way
And two that amourshipping is so integral to the show or shipping ever was integral that it's gonna take over and have that focus instead of other things.
Serena's crush is still pretty much there, albeit in a more mature way. Yajima's intrepretation hasn't really been retconned. And even if amourshipping isn't brought up again, as long as Ash isn't aged up in the end and shown with a different wife or something, XYZ's ending still stands so idk what's the issue
I guess their insecurities come from Serena's feelings about being just a gen 6 exclusive gimmick like Megas in the games.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I guess their insecurities come from Serena's feelings about being just a gen 6 exclusive gimmick like Megas in the games.
Gen 6 really did get all the good gimmicks huh...
Exactly, and I see the writing on the wall with this pairing.
Then you're seeing stuff that isn't there. Ash isn't ending up with Misty just because she showed up and blushed a bit and Corpish is bros with a Pokémon she ended up catching.

Hell there's more hints for Misty/Clauncher in this episode than Misty/Ash, so I don't get this whole argument at all.