• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Blood Red

【推しの子】
The only thing I want to talk about now is how ****ing stupid the anime fanbase is, but that wouldn't be a very happy topic now would it?
Yeah, that doesn't belong here sorry
man if pokeshipping becomes canon in this series the Tomiyasu hate from XY fans would be unparalleled
That decision would get a ton of hate from literally every non-Pokéshipper lol

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

yeah since XY fans are generally the ones that have a problem with him they would probably have a stronger resentment

AARTX

Dead inside…

LMAO imagine the writers pulling a hataraku maou sama/DomeKano. Then they explain it’s to "subvert" expectations.

What I fear is that the hate could bleed into the new series and affect it in some way

That or this really is a repeat of NaruSaku v NaruHina LMAO

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Which I fear the hate would bleed into the new series and affect it in some way
well a large majority of the japanese audience are amourshippers and xy stans soo the drama would just get worse

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
You know what? All you've done for the last two hours is insult me! Why should I respect any of your wishes and demands?!
Whatever. I'm not leaving this thread btw.
As I said, completely lacking in self-awareness and the ability to recognize that the self is at fault, and chooses to double down on bad behavior because of a fragile ego and lack of humility.

I'd not be rude to you if you were even a half-decent person. You don't see me taking shots at anyone else, do you?
YOU SEEN TWITTER?!
Unless it's a mass trending in Japan, and on a relatively long term beyond a day, it means nothing. A bunch of 4Kids-only Westerners don't mean ****.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
You do it to Cricket all the time! (And I'm not defending him.)

You are one of the most stuck up Amourshippers I have ever met and quite frankly I have had enough of this polluting the thread! So how about you ***** at me in DM's?!
Apparently, telling someone off on the nonsense and bile they keep spewing, with the occasional correction when needed, is being "stuck-up", and ironically claiming other people are polluting the thread then crying when called out. Could have been so easy to just apologize and admit that you were overreacting from the start.

Cricket deserves it as well since they seem incapable of seeing their wrongdoing despite many people pointing out, and tend to repeat and double down on their behavior.

EDIT: "Laugh" all you want, you're actually seething in real life.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
*Sighs* This is going to be a REEEEEAAAALLLLLYYY long 10 weeks
Damn imagine the community if misty ever meets serena

Lmao twitter is probably the worst place rn to be an amourshipper

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Y'Know as much i like to rag some of the overzealous users here I too would be really upset if the writers sank amour.

Last edited:

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
1. Misty has shown strong hints of liking Ash, especially during OS, but nothing was ever confirmed.

2. Serena is confirmed to like Ash, and in a much more recent series.

3. Ash is not confirmed to like anyone.

4. Something something shonen trope where the girl/guy with a one-sided affection towards the protagonist ends up ‘winning' that affection back.

If nothing changes in the status quo, then Amour wins by default. #1 is doubtful to happen.

So…why are people worried?

More importantly, if a kid having a crush on somebody else is going to ruin your experience about a show of anthropomorphized monsters beating the crap out of each, then you're watching the wrong anime.

Morax

King of heroes
well for misty's case she does have a history of having feelings for ash.
That’s yet another problem with this fandom, y’all jump to conclusions way too quickly. A few moments of shiptease does not make a romantic subplot. If the characters don’t confess or if there’s no resolution then it’s nothing more than a gag.

It’s like saying Sanji and Nami are destined to be a couple because he starts bleeding at the sight of her. (Hell i’d argue this ship has more fuel than pokeshipping)

images

BlueDragonfangirl

1. They know and are pushing it.

2. They know and are retconning it.

3. They can easily change that.

4. Who gives a ****?

I'm definitely involved in the wrong franchise if this is what I end up finding myself most invested in.
Ash is cluelss about that stuff any ways.

Besides that junk they pushed was just English Dub added, at least our pairing has real source involved.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I guess they are worried about how it would affect amour's popularity and the writers might consider pokeshipping more because the newfound popularity

They’ve already animated the rest of the episodes.
1. They know and are pushing it.

2. They know and are retconning it.

3. They can easily change that.

4. Who gives a ****?

I'm definitely involved in the wrong franchise if this is what I end up finding myself most invested in.

It’s weird and jarring seeing grown adults getting territorial, if not hostile, over shipping in the freaking Pokemon anime. This isn’t teen/young adult romance.

Morax

King of heroes
They’ve already animated the rest of the episodes.

It’s weird and jarring seeing grown adults getting territorial, if not hostile, over shipping in the freaking Pokemon anime. This isn’t teen/young adult romance.
Once again i wouldn’t really blame the audience on this one. They’re the victims. The writers are the ones who made her kiss him. It’s natural to expect a closure to her feelings. They shouldn’t have done that if they had no intentions of doing anything with it.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Once again i wouldn’t really blame the audience on this one. They’re the victims. The writers are the ones who made her kiss him. It’s natural to expect a closure to her feelings. They shouldn’t have done that if they had no intentions of doing anything with it.
I agree with this. Imagine the animosity from the Japanese fans if the writers do nothing at all or outright sank the ship

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!

I agree that there should be closure.

However, when shipping in this particular anime goes so far that adults are hating/insulting other characters, discrediting other pairings, and outright feel that the anime will be ruined if it doesn’t address it, then yeah, it has gone too far.

I mean, Serena has already ‘won’ if status quo holds, even if it feels half-complete. So unless the writers have Ash and Misty/Latias blush at each other, then there’s no need for anyone to worry. And nobody should be worrying over something like this.

I agree with this. Imagine the animosity from the Japanese fans if the writers do nothing at all or outright sank the ship

The Japanese fandom isn’t a monolith…

Right now the problem is that they refuse to acknowledge the elephant in the room, while teasing other ships at the same time. This clearly reeks of haremsh!t.

This is hardly surprising. Misty, Dawn, Lillie, and a bunch of minor characters have gotten teased with Ash over the years.

Serena is the only one with the outright obvious confirmed crush, with Misty’s more implied back in OS.