• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
The Japanese fandom isn’t a monolith
I mean there is a large majority of the Japanese fanbase that are Amourshippers there was a japanese fanart of amour on twitter that got 100k likes

Vichoo

When will they understand that Takeshi Shudo was in charge of burying the Pokeshipping and that OLM was in charge of putting nails in the coffin...

Seriously today I didn't see any hints or something potential

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
So I got curious and decided to check the trending tags. Anipoke is obviously trending, but when it comes to Japan(ese) related tags of Pokeshipping, there's barely any noise. Any activity on that front (if there was any after the episode aired) has fizzled out in less than a day. It may spike a bit once the subbed version is out, but I doubt it'll last. It's really telling that even Pokeshipping itself didn't pop up in the trending list by default (and I definitely don't have anything muted), whereas Pearl did momentarily during the M8 Tournament.

This is in stark contrast to Amour related JP trending, which lasted at least a week iirc and got a lot more buzz, activity and coverage and was constantly visible.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
When will they understand that Takeshi Shudo was in charge of burying the Pokeshipping and that OLM was in charge of putting nails in the coffin...

Seriously today I didn't see any hints or something potential
In my case, I spend too much time on Twitter.

So I got curious and decided to check the trending tags. Anipoke is obviously trending, but when it comes to Japan(ese) related tags of Pokeshipping, there's barely any noise. Any activity on that front (if there was any after the episode aired) has fizzled out in less than a day. It may spike a bit once the subbed version is out, but I doubt it'll last. It's really telling that even Pokeshipping itself didn't pop up in the trending list by default (and I definitely don't have anything muted), whereas Pearl did momentarily during the M8 Tournament.

This is in stark contrast to Amour related JP trending, which lasted at least a week iirc and got a lot more buzz, activity and coverage and was constantly visible.
yeah, also serena is trending.

I swear, we always talk more about other ships and completely unrelated topics than we do about Amourshipping

i don’t think the last episode will feature a time-skip. So all shippers should be safe there. I fully believe the last scene will be Ash and Pikachu walking into the sunset while switching between a montage of the anime’s best moments.

i don’t think the last episode will feature a time-skip. So all shippers should be safe there. I fully believe the last scene will be Ash and Pikachu walking into the sunset while switching between a montage of the anime’s best moments.
That's after he wakes up from his coma dream

I can't speak for the majority of Japanese fans but whenever I try to browse for any anipoke related topics in twitter Japan, Serena is mostly the one that's being brought up. Heck, I feel that majority of the Japanese fans are convinced that Riko IS Ash and Serena's daughter as evident to the "サトシ セレナ 娘" ("Satoshi Serena daugther") if you search for it, espcially back when Riko was first revealed in those days.

Anyways, "Satoshi and Kasumi" is definitely trending in Japan after today's episode, much like how "Satoshi and Serena" was a trending topic back when JN105 aired. If I remember correctly, "Satoshi and Iris" was also trending for a while when Iris lost against Diantha and after Ash confronts her but I'm not sure ( and I don't think it lasted for a while). I just think that Japanese fans enjoy the chemistry between Ash and his female companions in general. While there's a mix reaction about Ash and Serena's brief reunion, I think majority of the japanese fans were satisfied to see Ash and Serena together again even for a short while. So imagine what would happen if their interactions were a lot longer.

I can't speak for the majority of Japanese fans but whenever I try to browse for any anipoke related topics in twitter Japan, Serena is mostly the one that's being brought up. Heck, I feel that majority of the Japanese fans are convinced that Riko IS Ash and Serena's daughter as evident to the "サトシ セレナ 娘" ("Satoshi Serena daugther") if you search for it, espcially back when Riko was first revealed in those days.

Anyways, "Satoshi and Kasumi" is definitely trending in Japan after today's episode, much like how "Satoshi and Serena" was a trending topic back when JN105 aired. If I remember correctly, "Satoshi and Iris" was also trending for a while when Iris lost against Diantha and after Ash confronts her but I'm not sure ( and I don't think it lasted for a while). I just think that Japanese fans enjoy the chemistry between Ash and his female companions in general. While there's a mix reaction about Ash and Serena's brief reunion, I think majority of the japanese fans were satisfied to see Ash and Serena together again even for a short while. So imagine what would happen if their interactions were a lot longer.
Oh I thought amour was the dominant ship there

Eh I personally don't mind her posts that much tbh.
My mind is blown. I assumed Cricket was a guy and Leavanny was a girl.

I know that it might be trending, but the intensity of the trending and the duration also matters. Negai and Pearl faded out pretty quickly and weren't even in the same thousands that JP Amour drew.

Oh I thought amour was the dominant ship there
It is, just that this recent episode with Ash and Misty had the topic "Satoshi and Kasumi" became trending due to their interactions s of today's episode. As @Panky.. mentioned, there's barely any noise in terms of shipping. If there was a buzz about it, the term "サトカス" (SatoKasu which is the shipping term between Ash and Misty in Japan, much as how "サトセレ" or "SatoSere" is the term for shipping Ash and Serena) would be the trending topic.

Anyways since I was bored out of my mind and had nothing better to do, I once again, did a little google search analysis in Japan in terms of shipping as of this day

zTWGl36.png

SatoKasu (green) definitely had a sudden spike recently and understandable considering the recent episode airing. Though overall, Satosere (Blue) still dominates in most prefectures

Also SatoHaru (AshxMay) also had some spikes recently, here's hoping to see May interact with Ash soon even though that's almost impossible with KAORI's situation

I know that it might be trending, but the intensity of the trending and the duration also matters. Negai and Pearl faded out pretty quickly and weren't even in the same thousands that JP Amour drew.
True

I feel like we spend more time yelling about threats to Amourshipping, both real and imagined, than actually talking about the ship.

I mean, is that a surprise?

DP ended 13 years ago, and OS much longer. All before the rise of social media.

All of the Gen Z or younger audience only know of Serena and Amourshipping.

Switch Misty with Serena. If Serena was an OS or AG character and Amour happened back then, and proceeded to be in the background afterwards, with Serena rarely appearing (as was the case for Misty), then it wouldn’t be anywhere as popular.

That's after he wakes up from his coma dream
I’m prepared for that actually. I have a coma theory fan-fic where dream world mechanics are in play and Ash at least keeps all his Pokémon.

He’s also only been in a coma for… I’ll need to factor in JN and MPM. But imagine a non-stop Pokémon marathon with no commercial breaks, OP, or ED. He’s literally been in a coma for the exact run time of the entire series, the first 19 movies, etc.

It is, just that this recent episode with Ash and Misty had the topic "Satoshi and Kasumi" became trending due to their interactions s of today's episode. As @Panky.. mentioned, there's barely any noise in terms of shipping. If there was a buzz about it, the term "サトカス" (SatoKasu which is the shipping term between Ash and Misty in Japan, much as how "サトセレ" or "SatoSere" is the term for shipping Ash and Serena) would be the trending topic.

Anyways since I was bored out of my mind and had nothing better to do, I once again, did a little google search analysis in Japan in terms of shipping as of this day

zTWGl36.png

SatoKasu (green) definitely had a sudden spike recently and understandable considering the recent episode airing. Though overall, Satosere (Blue) still dominates in most prefectures

Also SatoHaru (AshxMay) also had some spikes recently, here's hoping to see May interact with Ash soon even though that's almost impossible with KAORI's situation
What about satougou how amour is compared to that ship. Because in tiktok the tag #satougou has more views than #amourshipping tho the #ashxserena tag has still the most views.

I feel like we spend more time yelling about threats to Amourshipping, both real and imagined, than actually talking about the ship.
Well there's not much to talk about amour until serena returns again tbh.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I wish I could make it so that uttering the word "PokéShipping" - or the name of any other non-Amour ship, really - in this thread will automatically turn it into some nonsense like 'skittles'. Alas, y'all will have to pull yourselves together and actively keep discussions about rival ships out of this thread.

I know it's hard when one half of the ship is long gone and a rival ship gets some new tidbits to discuss, but I'd rather we don't turn this into a comparisons thread or, god forbid, a VS thread.

Also, thank you for diligently reporting certain clowns that got lost here.

I wish I could make it so that uttering the word "PokéShipping" - or the name of any other non-Amour ship, really - in this thread will automatically turn it into some nonsense like 'skittles'. Alas, y'all will have to pull yourselves together and actively keep discussions about rival ships out of this thread.

I know it's hard when one half of the ship is long gone and a rival ship gets some new tidbits to discuss, but I'd rather we don't turn this into a comparisons thread or, god forbid, a VS thread.

Also, thank you for diligently reporting certain clowns that got lost here.
Thank you. We'll try to keep discussions based on the ship.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Liko or Roy being Ash’s kid only opens up the well of idiotic Next Gen fanfic tropes. I prefer our regular idiotic tropes, thank you
Next Generation shows can sometimes work. Like Degrassi. Or Star Trek...

I can't really think of any others, though...

I'm honestly tired of both the extremes
One that amourshipping is retconned and all when clearly it's still there and Yajima's intrepretation really isn't disproven in any way
And two that amourshipping is so integral to the show or shipping ever was integral that it's gonna take over and have that focus instead of other things.
Serena's crush is still pretty much there, albeit in a more mature way. Yajima's intrepretation hasn't really been retconned. And even if amourshipping isn't brought up again, as long as Ash isn't aged up in the end and shown with a different wife or something, XYZ's ending still stands so idk what's the issue
Hey now...we can't have logical thought like that around here...

*Sighs* This is going to be a REEEEEAAAALLLLLYYY long 10 weeks
The ignore button will really get a workout...

In my case, I spend too much time on Twitter.
That's probably not good for your mental health...

will automatically turn it into some nonsense like 'skittles'
Personally, I prefer M&M's... (sorry...just trying to be cheeky...)

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Next Generation shows can sometimes work.
IMO Boruto is a good and an underappreciated series I would really want a series featuring Ash and Serena's son and Gary and Dawn's daughter(low-key cavaliershipper).

Last edited:

vondecayle

Long gone are the days

Epicocity

Why don't you all shift away from the "what if"s and "could have been"s?

Talk about something more tangible. Be it the past or any good fanfics of the pairing. That's something to actually maintain interest around, especially since fanfics are a concept that endure both 1) outside the bounds of canon and 2) will continue to exist after the series ends.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Last edited:

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
XY's visuals were one of the strongest aspects of the series. Shame they moved on to...whatever SM and JN were.

XY reinvigorated, if not outright saved, the anime for fandom IMO. The visuals, Ash's design, his battling skill, everyone looking up to Ash, Mega Evolution specials, Team Flare arc, Ash-Greninja, Amourshipping obviously...they were what was needed after the disaster that was BW. I got reinvested in the show thanks to XY.

I think SM had a lot of good, but agreed, I'm just not a fan of the softer/rounder designs.

Besides his height, I felt DP and XY Ash looked (and acted) way older than 10.