• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Yeah, the only comparison of Reylo to Amour is that some people argue that it's forced because Ash would have no reason to like Serena over any of his other companions
Going back to the topic what what do you think can be a good reason on why ash would romantically prefer Serena over the likes of Dawn and Misty?

Dawn? Really? Also he completely ignored Ash and Serena’s kiss…
Going back to the topic what what do you think can be a good reason on why ash would romantically prefer Serena over the likes of Dawn and Misty?
Serena is kinder to Ash than Misty and Dawn
Ash sees Misty and Dawn as friends
She’s prettier than the other two
She snapped him out of his funk in XYZ and Ash specifically credits her for this

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!

To refrain from talking about other ships as much as possible:

Honestly, there is no correct answer.

As I said earlier, Amourshipping was great with XY Ash, because XY Ash was much more of a knight in shining armor. He was overly enthusiastic and "childish" at times, but he was mostly upbeat, polite, encouraging, "mature", and obviously heroic. That meshed well with Serena, who looked up to him, and almost never bantered with him or got under his skin teasingly. That's not to say she wasn't ever afraid to call him out (the snowball scene), but the basis of their friendship/relationship was being very supportive of each other. It's healthy, but it doesn't bring out certain aspects of Ash's character (see below). I'm sure JN Ash, who's basically an amalgamation of previous Ash personalities, would act similarly with Serena if she returned for an extended period.

However, compare that to the JN Ash that we saw in the most recent episode. Misty and Ash just have a different type of chemistry. Some might prefer the comedic banter, saying that's the basis of flirting and mutual attraction. Others would call it akin to quarreling siblings (though I think this description is closer to Ash and Iris, who have a slightly different dynamic), and prefer Amourshipping's vibe. I will say that I missed sassy Ash. I think the sassy Serena that we saw very early in XY when walking with her mom could have been perfect to bring out that side of Ash too, but that didn't happen.

Dawn has a friendship with Ash that's sort of in-between that of Misty's and Serena's, though maybe closer to the latter. They both are also very supportive of each other, but they aren't afraid to bicker and tease one another. It could arguably be the best of both worlds. However, their relationship is so platonic, and one could argue that they're practically twins.

--------------------

Regardless, there doesn't have to be a good reason. Amour is canon from Serena's side. If nothing else changes in the status quo, she 'wins' by default.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
FanaticLAguy's mega-series is a must-read for any Amourshippers in my opinion. Even I read and enjoyed it and even find his handle on the ship to be much better than in the anime.

And the sheer size of it will keep you satisfied for weeks (or months if you can control your portions).

FanaticLAguy's mega-series is a must-read for any Amourshippers in my opinion. Even I read and enjoyed it and even find his handle on the ship to be much better than in the anime.

And the sheer size of it will keep you satisfied for weeks (or months if you can control your portions).
Too bad it’s discontinued, for a while it was my favorite Pokemon fanfic

Adobe123

Goodbye Ash & Pikachu, I'll miss you
FnCrJYMaMAEXa7K

Just gonna leave this here. What happened to the staff after XYZ 12 is their only proof.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Regardless, there doesn't have to be a good reason. Amour is canon from Serena's side. If nothing else changes in the status quo, she 'wins' by default.
Well come to think about it this is the best time to have a role reversal when it comes to their dynamic ash currently doesn't know what his path is while serena is more driven than ever maybe ash can seek help from her and probably develop feelings for her.

Last edited:

AARTX

Dead inside…
Well come to think about it this is the best time to have a role reversal when it comes to their dynamic ash currently doesn't know what his path will be while serena is more driven than ever maybe ash can seek help from her and probably develop feelings for her.
Would be endearing for Serena to repay back the kindness and determination that Ash gave her ever since they met as kids.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Would be endearing for Serena to repay back the kindness and determination that Ash gave her ever since they met as kids.
If they're gonna bring back Serena again I really want the episode to be focused on her impact on Ash or what serena meant to ash. We need more ash hints!!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Saw random star wars discourse, I'll just say that while TLJ did more damage to the story (and fanbase) and I do consider it the worse movie, TROS must be the most soulless, focus grouped, corporate made piece of media I have ever seen. I kinda compare JN to it, but tbh not even JN sank to those kinds of lows

SatoSereFan224888

Everyone should be under the assumption that neither of the two are his kids.
I agree with you but since there’s very little info on Riko & Roy, everyone is jumping to conclusions way too early. I feel we‘ll get more info in March when Aim to be a Pokemon Master starts reaching its end.

If they're gonna bring back Serena again I really want the episode to be focused on her impact on Ash or what serena meant to ash. We need more ash hints!!
Agree, but Serena needs to show hints as well because we can say that it’s not factual that Serena loves Ash in JN