• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
So based on what we've seen from the series so far and the leaks what do you think are the chances of amour becoming canon? I really think its 50/50 now.
Amour with a 50/50 chance? LMAOO I say 10/90…
10 percent chance it becomes canon, 90 percent chance it doesn’t.
And if Serena only shows up for episodes 6/7/8/9 then the chances of Amour becoming canon are 1%
I have no hope of Amour becoming canon after the writers screwed us over at the Kalos League Finals and JN105… I don’t trust them anymore to follow through on anything
Imagine if Ash is revealed to have feelings for Serena but Serena got over him. Anyways JN105 and Serena not showing up to support Ash vs Leon made me think that she’s over him.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I still think the odds of amour being resolved in these last few episodes is greater than 75%. The end of JN105 was a setup for something, and it would be weird to end the series while leaving that hanging.

If they don’t address it in the last 11 episodes, then I can see it being resolved in some sort of special afterwards.
Either way, they reopened amour with the ending of Serena’s return episode. And they wouldn’t have done it if they didn’t plan on addressing it in some fashion.

Edit: Reminder…please keep the episode leaks for upcoming episodes in the appropriate thread. That thread is here: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...pisodes-read-the-first-post-important.743219/

Heekful

I still think the odds of amour being resolved in these last few episodes is greater than 75%. The end of JN105 was a setup for something, and it would be weird to end the series while leaving that hanging.

If they don’t address it in the last 11 episodes, then I can see it being resolved in some sort of special afterwards.
Either way, they reopened amour with the ending of Serena’s return episode. And they wouldn’t have done it if they didn’t plan on addressing it in some fashion.

Edit: Reminder…please keep the episode leaks for upcoming episodes in the appropriate thread. That thread is here: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...pisodes-read-the-first-post-important.743219/

I am not trying to downplay what you said or anything but you're talking about the show that has a tendency of building up something to never adress it at the end... And I'm not even talking about the big one (GS Ball) but remember the Malamar plot in XY that was never adressed ?

But it's cool to see someone optimistic because personally , after seeing that Cilan is not staying with the OS trio in the next episode , I now see the chances of Amour being resolved close to 0 and that's if Serena appears at all (because I'm still doubtful about that honestly , need to see the upcoming titles before jumping to conclusions).

I am not trying to downplay what you said or anything but you're talking about the show that has a tendency of building up something to never adress it at the end... And I'm not even talking about the big one (GS Ball) but remember the Malamar plot in XY that was never adressed ?

But it's cool to see someone optimistic because personally , after seeing that Cilan is not staying with the OS trio in the next episode , I now see the chances of Amour being resolved close to 0 and that's if Serena appears at all (because I'm still doubtful about that honestly , need to see the upcoming titles before jumping to conclusions).
I wonder if May and Max will get a speaking role…

You say it’s less than 5%? Bud it’s way more than that.
Did you see how they treated Serena’s crush on Ash in JN105?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
but remember the Malamar plot in XY that was never adressed ?
Yes, I do. And IIRC, the resolution was their second appearance where they were defeated, went back to the future, and were never heard from again. They were, at best, a filler arc…

And I’m not sure how your logic is working here. There is a big jump from a character with an expensive and in demand VA returning for only one episode and a long-standing plot thread between two main characters not being sewn up. Especially since JN went back and closed off a few dangling plot threads like the Ash-Cynthia battle and Lillie’s father…

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
by resolve, do you mean amour endgame? or resolve by Serena blatantly moving on? I'm still kinda conflicted about the status of Serena and Misty's Feelings for Ash In JN105 and MPM02 but I'm still cautiously optimistic that amour will be canon

Even after all that has happened, I can still see amour being canon due to its large Japanese fanbase, and I still think that the staff still cares about the ship.

by resolve, do you mean amour endgame? or resolve by Serena blatantly moving on? I'm still kinda conflicted about the status of Serena and Misty's Feelings for Ash In JN105 and MPM02 but I'm still cautiously optimistic that amour will be canon

Even after all that has happened, I can still see amour being canon due to its large Japanese fanbase, and I still think that the staff still cares about the ship.
If the staff cares about the ship then why did Ash and Serena only have a 30 second reunion in JN105?
What they should have made that episode a two parter, once focusing on Serena and Chloe and the other on Ash and Serena. The Wallace battle could of just been a 1v1 with Ash watching Serena’s performance.

AARTX

Dead inside…
So based on what we've seen from the series so far and the leaks what do you think are the chances of amour becoming canon? I really think its 50/50 now.
Eh need to see the new episode titles to maybe determine what will happen. But it seems like they wont be making any ship canon (at least in this 11-episode series). It’s just the OS trio being the best of friends traveling one last time. (Still hoping for May and Max though)

My only gripes with this is that it really does make JN105 look bad. Me thinks (Hard Copium LOL) we’re getting an additional "hidden" episode similar to how we get extra episodes whenever a series ends. (Why do they never dub these episodes btw? Dub-onlies will never know how Brock and Cilan got to know each other)

Last edited:

And this is even assuming that the romantic aspect to Ash and Serena's relationship even tangibly exists in JN for them to address and resolve.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
1. Honestly, I'd be surprised if they canonize anything from Ash's perspective by the end of this miniseries. At most, he might show a sign of embarrassment/blushing, but that's it. I agree, maybe in a special one day with an older Ash.

2. Speaking of multiverses in the previous page, one way they could not upset shippers is by having Ash in different universes get with somebody else. So Misty in one universe/dimension, Serena in another, etc. That way, shippers can have their fanfictions come true, without worrying their pairing is not 'canon.'

dlYou say it’s less than 5%? Bud it’s way more than that.
Did you see how they treated Serena’s crush on Ash in JN105?

Whoops, I forgot to even finish that sentence!

What I meant to say is:

So in <5% chance that Amour gets retconned or replaced (either Serena grows out of the crush, or she backs away for Ash x somebody else), how would you react? Angry? Upset? Disappointed? Mildly annoyed? Happy for Ash's character?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
2. Speaking of multiverses in the previous page, one way they could not upset shippers is by having Ash in different universes get with somebody else. So Misty in one universe/dimension, Serena in another, etc. That way, shippers can have their fanfictions come true, without worrying their pairing is not 'canon.'
Out of all the characters ever written, the one who least deserves any sort of multiverse harem is Ash Ketchum.