• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Out of all the characters ever written, the one who least deserves any sort of multiverse harem is Ash Ketchum.

Lol, that's fair, but it's probably the safest option to avoid pissing off all the shippers.

So in <5% chance that Amour gets retconned or replaced (either Serena grows out of the crush, or she backs away for Ash x somebody else), how would you react? Angry? Upset? Disappointed? Mildly annoyed? Happy for Ash's character?
Pissed.

AARTX

Dead inside…
I mean at this point we’ll never see May or Max again. One episode would surely suffice and fans probably wouldn’t mind if it’s KAORI returning for a few lines or a VA change.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Lol, that's fair, but it's probably the safest option to avoid pissing off all the shippers.
Except we’d get fights over which ending was actually the real ending…

And it would be more of a mind screw than the ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey or the various attempts at making a coherent ending to Evangelion

When you realize that after this series we probably won’t see Serena and Pancham again
(Serena is more likely if Amour becomes canon, but Pancham and every Ash and Serena mon sans Pikachu will get reduced to brief cameos)

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
It's really funny when in the pokeshipping thread they don't get any warnings when they keep comparing their ship to amour.
But when the amourshippers in this this thread do it they get warned. That's a bit unfair if you asked me. Lmao this is truly the dark age of the amour community

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
We'll know what happens soon enough. No matter what happens though, it's so weird to finally see Pokemon's "rapture" moment, for lack of a better term. People have been speculating about this hypothetical finale arc where Ash's journey ends and they bring back whoever he was meant to be with for at least 10 years now. The fact that we're actually in Ash's endgame is insane.

It's also sad in a way, because we know that no matter the resolution, these are the last great days of AmourShipping hype and speculation. We've hit 22 pages in the last 11 days since the finale arc began. It's roughly at the pace immediately before the XY finale, when we hit 30 pages in two weeks, including 8 pages within 24 hours of the Serena's choice episode. It's obviously not at the levels of the 27th when we hit 16 pages in 24 hours, but obviously, there's a lot less content to be driving hype right now. In a way, this is arguably the greatest period of engagement AmourShipping has ever had and probably ever will have, at least on Serebii.

The hype and speculation will all be worth it if Amour becomes canon

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
In a way, this is arguably the greatest period of engagement AmourShipping has ever had and probably ever will have, at least on Serebii.
Yeah but discourse wise we are always at the short end of the stick nowadays. In almost every amour/Serena-related thread I go there is lots of negativity. Like I can't even post a positive amour appreciation post on r/pokemonanime without someone being a jerk contrarian ruining the positive vibes of the post and worst of all they get a lot of upvotes. I know we have a LOT of bad apples in this fandom but it is still kinda sad that there is a lot of negativity surrounding this shipping.

Last edited:

PotSmuggle

Kalos Enjoyer
Yes, I do. And IIRC, the resolution was their second appearance where they were defeated, went back to the future, and were never heard from again. They were, at best, a filler arc…

And I’m not sure how your logic is working here. There is a big jump from a character with an expensive and in demand VA returning for only one episode and a long-standing plot thread between two main characters not being sewn up. Especially since JN went back and closed off a few dangling plot threads like the Ash-Cynthia battle and Lillie’s father…
Yeah personally I can't really imagine them not resolving something like Amour, though I'm less optimistic about some other unresolved things like poor Alain not getting his promised rematch with Ash LOL

Yeah personally I can't really imagine them not resolving something like Amour, though I'm less optimistic about some other unresolved things like poor Alain not getting his promised rematch with Ash LOL
Ash-Greninja and MCX should of had a rematch like JN promised with Ash-Greninja winning
Still a slight chance it happens in ABPM…

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Yeah personally I can't really imagine them not resolving something like Amour
yeah I think the one that can prevent amour from being GS-Balled is its huge Japanese presence

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Huh? I don't get it?

Look for the entry under Western Animation -> Archer.