• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

Look for the entry under Western Animation -> Archer.
Ohh hahahaha
off topic: Is there a rule that you can't cuss in this forum? it's feels like everyone is trying their best to be pg here.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Swear words are filtered so a bunch of * will appear if you try it. Lol
Well as much as I like to make ****ing fun out of some of the mother ****ing overzealous fans here I too would be really be mother ****ing sad and disappointed if the ****ing writers outright ****ing sank amourshipping

Edit: That felt good

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Back in the day, you used to get an infraction if you swore.
It's really funny when in the pokeshipping thread they don't get any warnings when they keep comparing their ship to amour.
But when the amourshippers in this this thread do it they get warned. That's a bit unfair if you asked me. Lmao this is truly the dark age of the amour community
It’s because most of the ‘other ship discussion’ here is people claiming Amour is ‘dead’ because something happened with some other ship.

Heekful

I've noticed people cancelling AmourShipping for being one sided when their average ship isn't even one sided.

Yeah I truly never understood this argument since 2014-2015 ... The main stuff haters always say is "Amour is one-sided" yea... but does that mean your ship is zero-sided ? Like come on lol, at least we have something that is actually real and not some speculations/copium/fanfiction from actual friendly interactions.

(Of course no disrespected to any Ash ships but seeing the same thing over and over again when it doesn't even make sense is funny to me)

Remember that between XY01 and XY026 we didn't have any confirmation about Serena's canonical crush until Miette came out, that's what made this ship really stand out at the time.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
It’s because most of the ‘other ship discussion’ here is people claiming Amour is ‘dead’ because something happened with some other ship.
Oh In my case I just wanna see the numbers in regards to amour's popularity

I've noticed people cancelling AmourShipping for being one sided when their average ship isn't even one sided.
Where? on Twitter? It really bugs me when people call out serena's crush on ash borderline hero worship she was always willing to call out ash's BS in the XY series.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
***** **** ******* ******? ******** *****!
Hey! That’s my Serebii password. How’s you get that?

Edit: That’s not actually my password. It was a joke and a Spaceballs reference.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
That's because, in their minds, any vague hints and headcanon that supports their ship is enough for it to be considered 'mutual', while ignoring all the same stuff that exists for Amour in addition to Serena's canon crush (like the time Ash saw Serena in the Fennekin outfit). Not to mention, they heavily rely on this so-called 'XY retcon' to claim that all the Amour stuff in the series never even happened.
Edit: That’s not actually my password. It was a joke and a Spaceballs reference.
...I don't think you needed to explain that one lol

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’m sick of all this fighting tbh. It’s mostly Pokeshippers attacking us, then we defend…

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I’m sick of all this fighting tbh. It’s mostly Pokeshippers attacking us, then we defend…
I wouldn't go that far I'm just gonna upvote the most sensible pro amour comment if that's the case.

Last edited:

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I understand the psyche behind fandom passion (I am super into Star Wars for example), but people should not take shipping in the Pokemon anime so seriously, if not personally…

A “war”, really lol?

For real, if Ash ends up with Serena, then wonderful. If Ash ends up with Misty or somebody else, then no big deal since that’s a good ending as well. If it’s nobody or unclear, then that’s the most fitting given it’s not that type of show.

I also think it’s pretty stupid shippers try to discredit each other, especially when it’s in some echo chamber. Pokeshipping absolutely was a thing, and maybe still is based on how entertaining some moments were in the last episode.

Amourshipping is very much alive and well, and there is zero reason to believe it has been replaced or retconned lol. Serena’s brief meeting with Ash in JN was quite telling.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I understand the psyche behind fandom passion (I am super into Star Wars for example), but people should not take shipping in the Pokemon anime so seriously, if not personally…
Well as a Charizard, Sequel trilogy and a Boruto fan, life in forums, Subreddits and twiter can be a bit hard for me knowing the fan reputation surrounding those. And the fact that amour has kind of the same reputation as those three really annoyed me to no avail I guess I'm just destined to like contreversial things lmao.

Well as a Charizard, Sequel trilogy and a Boruto fan, life in forums, Subreddits and twiter can be a bit hard for me knowing the fan reputation surrounding those. And the fact that amour has kind of the same reputation as those three really annoyed me to no avail I guess I'm just destined to like contreversial things lmao.
I never thought that Amour would be controversial but here we are. I thought it was super popular and well liked.

vondecayle

I never thought that Amour would be controversial but here we are. I thought it was super popular and well liked.
It is, but not on serebii’s active fan base. What we read here is not an indication of how the entire fanbase feels about the shipping.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Amourshipping is probably the closest we got in terms of an actual romance sub-plot involving the main protagonist, Ash so it's only natural that it gets attacked by rivaled ships. Even way back in 2013 when Serena was introduced as someone with a backstory with Ash, it sent a disturbance to other rival ships.

Anyway, it's not like shipping wars are exclusive to anipoke. You also get this in pretty much every other anime out there but since Pokemon is still ongoing (or at least, Ash's journey is), the debate on shipping wars will not end. At the very least, we only have few more episodes to watch before we see which ship will come on top. I'm still inclined to beleave that a neutral ending will happen but we'll soon find out.

p.s. I'd sugest to stop looking at twitter posts and treat it like a holy bible or something, especially if you cannot handle one person's opinion there. If you want to have some good vibes though, I'd recommend that you check some amourshipping fanarts instead. There's plenty of good fanarts out there and there's always something new and people seem to be more civilized in twitter when it comes to those stuff.

Lastly, I just want to end my post by saying just because amourshipping is getting bombarded doesn't mean that majority of the fans have abandoned ship. Most of us just chose not to say anything but the support is always there. You have to understand that in the vast sea of twitter, there will always be the vocal minority but it doesn't mean that something is already "contreversial" and thus why you should not take any opinions in twitter so seriously, especially if just one post there already makes you feel insecure.

Heekful

For the 355452234th time… Serebii and Reddit are not the entire fanbase , those are a big minority of people…

Even with the actual Pokeshipping hype Amour wins every big poll on Twitter while it’s apparently « controversial » there according to people, but this is the last time I’ll explain this to you, I’m getting tired of your mindset of thinking that Serebii is the entire world lol.