• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Lmao after the latest info we might not even see Serena.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I'm not sure what the info about MPM04 has to do with Amourshipping or Serena.
Well no returning companions which it makes less and less likely to have an amour resolution let alone a Serena appearance

PS: can't spoiler blur my post because my thread tools tab is somehow not working.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Well no returning companions which it makes less and less likely to have an amour resolution let alone a Serena appearance

PS: can't spoiler blur my post because my thread tools tab is somehow not working.
You're jumping to a lot of conclusions here, and you're doing this based on very flimsy and circumstantial evidence. We have very little information about anything after this week's episode, and there aren't enough trends to even speculate about what MPM will do next.

If they choose to go that route, a lack of returning companions in these last 11 episodes also wouldn't impact any potential amour ending. The rest of the companions wouldn't need to return if they wanted to give Ash and Serena more time in one of the last few episodes. And judging by the way they handled JN105, they wouldn't do much to tip their hand on another Serena return anyway. We wouldn't have known she was returning for sure until the episode aired if someone hadn't leaked the Animedia art (and Animedia wasn't stupid and confirmed the leak by going after anyone that posted it)

And yes, there was a lot of speculation and debate about JN105 being Serena's return episode because they went out of their way to hide Sylveon's owner...but nothing was confirmed until that artwork leaked early.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato

Forgive my ignorance as I don't visit any other threads in serebii recently but what made you assume that there will be no returning companions? Also, provided that the this upcoming episode doesn't include any returning companions but what does that have anything to do with Serena or with amourshipping? I feel like you're just jumping to that conclusion based on little information that we have so far.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Can’t relate to people who like shippings where one character treats poorly the person they supposedly like. It was refreshing to see a girl treat Ash nice after Iris, who always needed to put him down. It’s not that we can’t have banter, but they over did it with this character.
Ohno! Iris sometimes occasionally teased Ash by saying he was a kid cause he is.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Forgive my ignorance as I don't visit any other threads in serebii recently but what made you assume that there will be no returning companions? Also, provided that the this upcoming episode doesn't include any returning companions but what does that have anything to do with Serena or with amourshipping? I feel like you're just jumping to that conclusion based on little information that we have so far.
yeah, maybe I'm just assuming quickly. But seemingly no returning companions in MPM04 sends a bad signal to me if some might not appear including serena since the writers post xy barely reference her at all(excluding JN105)

Xuxuba

To be fair, no companions returned in the first episode either and Gary is yet to appear, so i don't think it should change our perspective on characters potentially returning.

That said, i wouldn't rule out them ignoring Serena or any Kalos character either. They did treat them terribly in JN for the most part and this series is not that much different.

Hopefully, Gryphon will watch the rest of the episodes soon enough so i can finally know whether to bother watching the rest in the hope of her appearing as the episodes have been kind of boring so far lol

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

BlueDragonfangirl

Ohno! Iris sometimes occasionally teased Ash by saying he was a kid cause he is.
Aahhh My least favorite companion ever, I hated her more than Misty, I hate any character that treated Ash that way.

Journey’s staff loves to troll the fandom, pretty sure they know how disliked Iris character was and how badly we wanted Ash to get revenge against Alan but look at what happened.

Will they correct their mistakes with this series by fixing Serena’s romance? One can hope.

Will they correct their mistakes with this series by fixing Serena’s romance? One can hope.
What do you mean fixing Serena’s romance? Are you insinuating that JN made Serena get away from her crush on Ash? If that’s what you say I agree with you on that

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
That said, i wouldn't rule out them ignoring Serena or any Kalos character either. They did treat them terribly in JN for the most part and this series is not that much different.
I thought Serena was handled well in jn we'll see if they will handle the amourshipping aspect well

Xuxuba

I thought Serena was handled well in jn we'll see if they will handle the amourshipping aspect well
Err kinda. They did snub her in the Clemont/Bonnie episode's flashback, not even getting a mention. The Contest episode was pretty good for JN standards but it was too short of an appearance compared to other companions who got multiple cameos and specials after they left.

AMOURSHIPPING WAS HANDLED LIKE ABSOLUTE ****ING DOGSHIT IN JN WHAT A ****ING DISGRACE