• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Blood Red

【推しの子】

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Y'all are salty lol. There's still several unannounced episodes left for Serena to return.

Probably not, but just because you’re correct doesn’t mean you’re right

She wants to be like him so she can eventually stand next to him as an equal. (IIRC the lyrics of "candy girl" implies this)

?? Do people seriously believe this ??

I mean, her goal should not be with a boy. And this is also implying that she was never equal to him from the beginning (when she obviously was)...

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Y'all are salty lol. There's still several unannounced episodes left for Serena to return.
There's like 4 episodes left, and a ton left to cover. It's reasonable to expect that Serena's not gonna show up.
I mean, her goal should not be with a boy. And this is also implying that she was never equal to him from the beginning (when she obviously was)...
Ash is an incredibly experienced trainer while Serena was, for most of XY, a rookie with no goals or direction. She wasn't his equal 'from the beginning'.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Off topic again: I'm not just worried about serena and amourshipping I'm worried about all the other companions and TRio not getting any resolution or conclusion.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
There's like 4 episodes left, and a ton left to cover. It's reasonable to expect that Serena's not gonna show up.

Honestly, it's because the plot in this finale arc is so loose and filler-ish that gives Serena a better chance to return. This Pokémon Master shenanigans can probably be resolved in 1 episode with Ash capturing that Latias, meaning the remaining couple can be reserved for returning characters. If this was much more of a story-driven arc, then Serena randomly returning in the middle would be less likely to occur.

Ash is an incredibly experienced trainer while Serena was, for most of XY, a rookie with no goals or direction. She wasn't his equal 'from the beginning'.

That doesn't mean she isn't his "equal." She's the same age and has a lot of skills from the get-go. Regardless, by the time XY ends, Serena basically equals him by being the second best Performer in Kalos.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Contrary to popular belief (only on serebii), people can pursue multiple goals at once. She wants to be the kalos queen, make people smile and be with the boy she loves. Y’all need to stop acting like that’s all she wants from life.
what he meant was Serena should not just revolve everything around ash and be her own person while still loving him of course

TRio should get a resolution
But the fact that this series is mostly filler hell so far is really disappointing. I could see episode 8 be about Pidgeot, episode 9 be about Goodra and Greninja
I feel like Ashs Journey is going to end on a filler and that makes me sad. There should be a definite ending to his character

Morax

King of heroes
what he meant was Serena should not just revolve everything around ash and be her own person while still loving him of course
I mean she was always her own person? That’s why she decided to go to hoenn in the first place. How did people get this notion that she wasn’t her own person?

At this point you should redefine what it means to ‘revolve around a boy’ because according to your logic, serena doesn’t fit the bill.

Last edited:

Heekful

Well… it’s now 95% confirmed that JN105 really was the last content we got, that’s a shame because we waited 6 years but it is what it is.

Yeah I know sometimes serena feels like the Porygon of travelling companions nowadays

I know I might shock fellow Amourshippers here but as a Serena fan I wish the kiss didn’t happen honestly , if it was the case I’m sure we would have gotten way more appearences and Ash and her would have been reunited more than 30 secondes. The ship already felt strong without the kiss imo.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Well… it’s now 95% confirmed that JN105 really was the last content we got, that’s a shame because we waited 6 years but it is what it is.
How is it 95% confirmed? There are still 4 unrevealed episodes.

If JN105 was the last we would see of Serena, they wouldn't have ended the episode the way they did, and the head writer wouldn't have created the script for that episode.

It's easy to doomcast. It's harder to look past doomcasting to see the plot threads they're weaving and where things are going....

I know I might shock fellow Amourshippers here but as a Serena fan I wish the kiss didn’t happen honestly
Interesting viewpoint, but honestly given Yajima leaving at the end of XY and the stark narrative/directorial change following it don't think would have been conducive for Serena returns and her relationship with Ash at all. It would have been easier for them to dodge the romantic implications of their relationship much easier if so as well

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Well come to think about it this is the best time to have a role reversal when it comes to their dynamic ash currently doesn't know what his path is while serena is more driven than ever maybe ash can seek help from her and probably develop feelings for her.
If Serena ever comes back again I hope this happens.

Well… it’s now 95% confirmed that JN105 really was the last content we got,
95% is a bit too pessimistic but the chances are getting lower and lower

Last edited:

AARTX

Dead inside…
If Tracey, May and Max return in MPM, and no one else makes a comeback, then and only then I’ll consider Serena’s return in JN105 to be a poorly handled companion return.

I’m starting to think that maybe they should’ve just placed her back in Kalos along with Clemont and Bonnie in the two part episode special instead of what we got in JN105 XD.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
If Tracey, May and Max return in MPM, and no one else makes a comeback, then and only then I’ll consider Serena’s return in JN105 to be a poorly handled companion return.

I’m starting to think that maybe they should’ve just placed her back in Kalos along with Clemont and Bonnie in the two part episode special instead of what we got in JN105 XD.
But what if……
images