• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Only to be replaced by new ones. It's the circle of life...

What in that episode makes you think that?
How they limited the reunion to thirty seconds and there was no explicit hints that Serena still romantically loved Ash. Heck she didn’t even show up in person vs Leon. Additionally, Pokemon does not want to bring up the kiss again and if they address Amour they have to bring that up, plus a romance is too inappropriate for a series like Pokémon, at least for Ash.
I don’t see Serena returning and for Amour to get a resolution as all these episodes seem fillerish.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
How they limited the reunion to thirty seconds and there was no explicit hints that Serena still romantically loved Ash. Heck she didn’t even show up in person vs Leon. Additionally, Pokemon does not want to bring up the kiss again and if they address Amour they have to bring that up, plus a romance is too inappropriate for a series like Pokémon, at least for Ash.
I don’t see Serena returning and for Amour to get a resolution as all these episodes seem fillerish.
Yes, yes, you're a superficial and narrow-minded person.

Anything else you're out to prove?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

This is what happens when you ignore the facts and start going down the rabbit hole of paranoid and conspiracy theories.

Fact #1: Serena made those 30 seconds worth meaning, ensuring it doesn't fizzle into generic friendship or rivalry.
Fact #2: Serena's reunion with Ash is still done in a romantic light that no other Poké Girl has managed to do, not even Misty.
Fact #3: Pokémon is not primarily about romance, so the fact that Ash and Serena even has a budding romantic relationship is an achievement.
Fact #4: Romance is allowed in the Pokémon anime. Unless you're demanding the anime to do something that not even Kukui and Burnett could do (and they had a child).

If Serena returns in the last four episodes, you will be changing your goalposts (and your arguments) just to complain about how the anime doesn't give what you want all over again.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I mean, I think Serena’s brief meeting with Ash could be interpreted romantically if one wanted to deeply analyze that scene. At the same time, it really isn’t overtly “shippy” in any way. Misty, Dawn, and Lillie had some poignant goodbyes too. It was vague enough to hint at something, but also not be anything more than two good friends briefly greeting each other.

From a meta POV, it’s pretty reasonable to assume the reason Ash and Serena didn’t interact for longer was because the writers might have wanted to dodge the elephant in the room.

I’d be very surprised if that’s her last hurrah in the show. They said they’ll see each other again. Ash won the Championship, and some unknown amount of time has passed.

Regardless, based on her Journeys episode, I think it’s fair to say that regardless of what happens with her crush, Serena ended up as a good character in her own right.

ComedianGuy8

This is what happens when you ignore the facts and start going down the rabbit hole of paranoid and conspiracy theories.

Fact #1: Serena made those 30 seconds worth meaning, ensuring it doesn't fizzle into generic friendship or rivalry.
Fact #2: Serena's reunion with Ash is still done in a romantic light that no other Poké Girl has managed to do, not even Misty.
Fact #3: Pokémon is not primarily about romance, so the fact that Ash and Serena even has a budding romantic relationship is an achievement.
Fact #4: Romance is allowed in the Pokémon anime. Unless you're demanding the anime to do something that not even Kukui and Burnett could do (and they had a child).

If Serena returns in the last four episodes, you will be changing your goalposts (and your arguments) just to complain about how the anime doesn't give what you want all over again.
Yes. Also, we should wait until the very end. By "very end", I mean until MPM 11 comes out even if there are no Serena-focused episodes. Unless there's going to be a surprise special like Distant Blue Sky which was revealed after the final Journey episode, Serena is very likely to appear in MPM 11. Ignore those who say that Serena's love for Ash is gone or retconned unless it's coming from the creators.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Regardless, based on her Journeys episode, I think it’s fair to say that regardless of what happens with her crush, Serena ended up as a good character in her own right
She always has been...

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Well here's to hoping that amourshipping will not just become a GS ball situation I really hope the writers know that satosere has a huge following in Japan and conclude that part of their story in a satisfying way

Epicocity

Regardless of if anything happens in these last few episodes (which, meh, it's more likely nothing happens with anything), you have to seriously be blind to think there was no explicit hinting that Serena still has a thing for Ash. Girl keeps a literal encyclopedia of his inspirational quotes to use whenever and watched the boat he was on until it was completely gone from view.

If that ain't love, I don't know what is.

Well here's to hoping that amourshipping will not just become a GS ball situation I really hope the writers know that satosere has a huge following in Japan and conclude that part of their story in a satisfying way
If Amour gets gs balled there would be riots worse than the Kalos League
Speaking of which… justice for Ash Greninja… an episode where he spanks Alain’s MCX ass

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Watch the endgame be:

It's the final episode. There's a grand party in Pallet Town with all of Ash's friends and Pokemon. During the celebration, there's a 20 second scene where Ash and Serena lock eyes. Serena blushes, and Ash...blushes back.

Aaaannnndddd that's it.

Still:
It's already going to be quite meh, IMO, if the finale only drops a hint of Ash returning feelings and then THE END, without the anime ever truly showing why Ash would like her back versus anyone else.

At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the writers wanted to be more profound (lel) and make it, "Serena's youthful first crush was Ash, but she learned to move on."

None of the other pairings are as likely to be canon as SatoSere, but Ash x Misty/Dawn/Lillie/Gou wouldn't be completely out of left field either.

The worst outcome is none become canon.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Yes. Also, we should wait until the very end. By "very end", I mean until MPM 11 comes out even if there are no Serena-focused episodes. Unless there's going to be a surprise special like Distant Blue Sky which was revealed after the final Journey episode, Serena is very likely to appear in MPM 11. Ignore those who say that Serena's love for Ash is gone or retconned unless it's coming from the creators.
Imagine the reaction from the OS fans, thinking they’ve won because MPM will only feature the OS trio as the prominent characters. Then after ep 11, they drop a preview for a special epilogue episode featuring Ash and Serena.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
watched the boat he was on until it was completely gone from view.
I felt that scene reminded me of something and I remember what now
amphibia-marcy-marcy.gif

ComedianGuy8

Imagine the reaction from the OS fans, thinking they’ve won because MPM will only feature the OS trio as the prominent characters. Then after ep 11, they drop a preview for a special epilogue episode featuring Ash and Serena.
If you mean Pokeshippers, well some of them brought it on themselves to assume that Ash and Misty will become a couple not only before it was over but without the staff's statement. In fact, OS fans and Pokeshippers are two different things.

Last edited:

SatoSere

The development in Serena's life in her feelings, dreams and love towards Satoshi, and vice versa, has a special meaning with many moments, hints in their romantic relationship aimed at being a canonical love couple (SatoSere, AmourShipping) representing a present and future of everything wonderful in the pokemon anime in general towards a new life, story.
Regardless of the various random appearances of old companions in the current seasons. Pokémon, directors and staff are aware and know who will leave in their hands a happy future of Pokémon for everybody: never give up until the end!! Satoshi and Serena is a love couple from pokémon.

Vichoo

The truth is that they are being very negative, I mean, I still don't see a good direction, however, all this negativity reminds me of the final episodes of XYz until before the kiss where we thought that Amour was dead and it surprised us at the last minute...

I'll keep waiting but I'll take everything with a grain of salt

I also think that if they have something prepared for Amour or Serena, they will not reveal it and they will keep it under 7 keys until the last minute.