• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Anyways from someone who is relatively new to the fandom is this the worst time to be an amourshipper or the discourse has always been this way?
Maybe?

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
This anime is written primarily for japanese kids. Do people seriously expect them to be aware of an american novel written in 1925 set in the Jazz age? Lmao.
The anime has referenced movies and books even older.

^Referencing A Dog of Flanders (book that came out in 1872) with anime adaptations in the 70s and 90s.

So with respect to Amourshipping, the green light would be indicative of a hopeful future together, but one that is more likely unable to come to fruition. Oof.

but ultimately that ambiguity is what the scene was going for, and that's a conclusion in of itself. The show is never really going to solidify any shipping pair, even in these final episodes.

But you think back to that 2008 interview with the infamous "eye candy" remark, it's still an mentality that influences the anime. Right after XY they did ship teases with Lillie and Lana. They're doing it in Journeys with a little nod to Armourshipping, a little sprinkle to Pearlshipping and a little reference to Pokeshipping. That way, everyone can read into what they want - but more importantly, it's viewership bait and always has been.

masdog

Oh man I actually remember this fanart way back in 2017 and all
This is Legitimately really good, I like this style
NoVaNoah is an amazing artist. I used to follow her on Twitter before I got rid of my Twitter account.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
NoVaNoah is an amazing artist. I used to follow her on Twitter before I got rid of my Twitter account.
I also really love her design on their potential children!!

Do you think that the myth “Serena can’t return because of Amourshipping” (hence why Ash and Serena only got 30 seconds) is true? Do you think that the kiss would make things awkward between them and Pokémon would not want to address it, which is exactly why they pitted off an Ash and Serena reunion until they very last second, using Wallace as a ploy to keep them apart?

Heekful

Do you think that the myth “Serena can’t return because of Amourshipping” (hence why Ash and Serena only got 30 seconds) is true? Do you think that the kiss would make things awkward between them and Pokémon would not want to address it, which is exactly why they pitted off an Ash and Serena reunion until they very last second, using Wallace as a ploy to keep them apart?

I personally believe in this theory and I know some might disagree but that’s perfectly fine. To me If these 4 episodes left of the final series lead to nothing I will be convinced it was true.

You don’t build an entire backstory for two characters, build up their relationship during 3 years to end it with a kiss to do nothing with it after all of that… Assuming nothing happen I’m sure they just changed their plans after Yajima left.

This is not a big deal to me tho, I’m now resigned, I’m happy with what we got in XY(&Z) , it was amazing and we should treasure it.

I personally believe in this theory and I know some might disagree but that’s perfectly fine. To me If these 4 episodes left of the final series lead to nothing I will be convinced it was true.

You don’t build an entire backstory for two characters, build up their relationship during 3 years to end it with a kiss to do nothing with it after all of that… Assuming nothing happen I’m sure they just changed their plans after Yajima left.

This is not a big deal to me tho, I’m now resigned, I’m happy with what we got in XY(&Z) , it was amazing and we should treasure it.
I appreciate how you can be happy with that. I hate things that have so much buildup never get finalized/addressed and go down the drain (Ash-Greninja beating MCX and winning Ash the Kalos League is the biggest example of this)
I truly think they don’t want to address it is because the Pokémon anime has gotten so childish in tone. If ABPM ends on an ambiguous note with no ships winning (probably will) then the ship wars about who Ash ended up with will still go on. And if that happens, we all theorize that Ash ended up with Serena, but since it didn’t happen in canon it means nothing…

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I appreciate how you can be happy with that. I hate things that have so much buildup never get finalized/addressed and go down the drain (Ash-Greninja beating MCX and winning Ash the Kalos League is the biggest example of this)
I truly think they don’t want to address it is because the Pokémon anime has gotten so childish in tone. If ABPM ends on an ambiguous note with no ships winning (probably will) then the ship wars about who Ash ended up with will still go on. And if that happens, we all theorize that Ash ended up with Serena, but since it didn’t happen in canon it means nothing…
Because anipoke hasn't always been childish.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
>Literally has an anime adaptation and is family friendly
>Vs a novel/movie that is clearly PG13

I guess they might also reference Pulp Fiction someday? lol
Gligarman, referenced earlier in the thread, was parodying Batman - PG 13.
Visquez (Lt Surge's #2) in Journeys was based on Vasquez from Aliens movie franchise, clearly R rated.
Lights, Camerupt, Action! referencing Titanic (PG-13) and Space Battleship Yamato
Mystery at the Lighthouse inspired by Ray Bradbury's The Fog Horn story
Clint Eastwood parody in that banned Safari Zone episode
and so on and so forth

Morax

King of heroes
Gligarman, referenced earlier in the thread, was parodying Batman - PG 13.
Visquez (Lt Surge's #2) in Journeys was based on Vasquez from Aliens movie franchise, clearly R rated.
Lights, Camerupt, Action! referencing Titanic (PG-13) and Space Battleship Yamato
Mystery at the Lighthouse inspired by Ray Bradbury's The Fog Horn story
Clint Eastwood parody in that banned Safari Zone episode
and so on and so forth
The reach lmao
>character looks like something from this old hollywood movie therefore its directly referencing that film

here’s a few more i came up with :
>the name ash is taken from Ash vs Evil dead
>misty = mist + y = stephen king’s popular work “the mist”
>brock is clearly a reference to barack obama
>Giovanni is obviously giorno giovanna from golden wind
>meowth is clearly a reference to the talking cat from Rick and Morty
>Ash wears a cap therefore he’s a jotaro rip-off

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
The reach lmao
>character looks like something from this old hollywood movie therefore its directly referencing that film
It wasn't just looks, but mannerisms. You can go check out the Safari Zone episode.

Also notice how you picked one example, while clearly ignoring stuff like Titanic and The Fog Horn references which clearly going against what you're saying?

Reach? Talk about feigned ignorance lmao.

Last edited:

masdog

the name ash is taken from Ash vs Evil dead
Bruce Campbell would have made one heck of a VA for Ash. That is such a missed opportunity.

And they could have had Gabrielle Anwar be Misty’s VA and Jeffrey Donovan as Brock’s VA.

Too bad no one ever put those three together on a show…/s