• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
When will retards

Always classy.
realize that pokemon has always adhered to what’s popular in japan? A shitton of anime have referenced the titanic, batman, clint eastwood and foghorn. The great gatsby is as obscure as the bhagavad gita over there. They are not going to reference what never made it big in their country…..

Great Gatsby movie adaptation with Leonardo DiCaprio did pretty decently in Japan, as did the one with Robert Redford. They even have the Gatsby hair wax product (founded by Japanese businessmen, named after the book) which does well. Shouldn't your wannabe weaboo ass know that?

And the idea that something touching on American themes can't somehow resonate internationally is really condescending - look at the popularity of Twin Peaks in Japan.

Let's say the green lights at the dock with the boat is one giant coincidence, and that The Great Gatsby has zero presence in Japan (because people can't somehow read/consume non-native media). Let's say it didn't reference or take inspiration from it in any shape or form in terms of imagery.

What do you think the show was going for? If things in the final 4 episodes aren't to your desire, are you going to lash out at us "retards" and seething like you've already been doing?
No wonder they call it this place le pokemon aneurysm discussion….

Last edited:

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
When will retards realize that pokemon has always adhered to what’s popular in japan? A shitton of anime have referenced the titanic, batman, clint eastwood and foghorn. The great gatsby is as obscure as the bhagavad gita over there. They are not going to reference what never made it big in their country…..
You don't gotta be ableist dude

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
When will retards realize that pokemon has always adhered to what’s popular in japan? A shitton of anime have referenced the titanic, batman, clint eastwood and foghorn. The great gatsby is as obscure as the bhagavad gita over there. They are not going to reference what never made it big in their country…..
I feel like i lose braincells whenever I read your posts

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
So what are your guys thoughts about XY115(the Serena crossdressing one) do you think that episode was problematic and bad for the ship or it is just a fun silly episode?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I find it a bit dumb personally. Just felt weird and seeing Ash in the end come and be the hero instead of Serena herself was cringe
This and Team Rocket were terribly annoying in it as well. The episode would have been way better if Team Rocket wasn't in it, with Serena finishing a one on one battle for once, and having Ash stay sick until the end of the episode and not play hero.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Also interesting to note that Serena and Goh dressed up as Ash at some point in their respective series. They also have the same color scheme in their clothes. SatoGou also quickly gained popularity in the shipping scene, though not on the same level as SatoSere

Goh is meant to parallel Serena confirmed LOLOLOL

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Also interesting to note that Serena and Goh dressed up as Ash in their respective series. They also have the same color scheme in their clothes. SatoGou also quickly gained popularity in the shipping scene, though not on the same level as SatoSere

Goh is meant to parallel Serena confirmed LOLOLOL
You would be surprised on how close satogou and satosere are in TikTok views

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
So what are your guys thoughts about XY115(the Serena crossdressing one) do you think that episode was problematic and bad for the ship or it is just a fun silly episode?

It was just a fun filler.

Though i think seeing serena crossdress might’ve awaken something in some people, lol. People seem to still like the look till now, and the frame of serena smiling is probably the single frame i’ve seen traced over the most over the years.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

Heekful

tho amour related content still has the most likes on youtube, Twitter and TikTok compared to any other ship
https://www.reddit.com/r/AmourShipping/comments/zopx66

In Japan , Serena's popularity go beyond than just Pokemon, she is one of the most popular character in anime period since 2016 (it's the same for Ash , Misty , Brock and TRio honestly but for them it's since '97).

I see plenty of big accounts that are not even related to Pokemon talking about Serena in Japan. I have one example as of today.

I'm sure it's the same for Amour as well in Japan since Amour is (weither you agree or not) is tied to Serena as a character. Although I don’t really know for the west , the Amour reddit is the biggest reddit about Shipping so at least there’s that.

Did anyone see the parallels between Ash twisting his ankle in todays episode and Serena hurting her ankle/Ash hurting his ankle by falling down the cliff in XY