• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
How exactly are they incompetent?
I said "kinda" and one of my reasons is the Unova league's existence and the "I want to be a more attractive woman" quote is kinda regressive even for a hardcore amourshipper like myself. IMO the only hope of a well-written satisfying amour resolution episode is to have a special episode in XY's 10th anniversary or they make The Last: Pokemon the Movie which I can see happening because of the large japanese fanbase. I really don't think they would or should be tackling that in MPM but they should tackle it soon.

Last edited:
make The Last: Pokemon the Movie which I can see happening because of the large japanese fanbase.
If they won’t be tackling that in MPM then they won’t be tackling it at all. Ash’s story is done after this, and they will never make a movie cratered to Amourshippers as the Pokémon main audience that they care about is five year old kids, evidenced by how they made Ash look and act like a 5 year old in SM and JN.
If Pokemon cratered to Amourshippers, then Ash would have gotten together with Serena at the end of XY

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
If they won’t be tackling that in MPM then they won’t be tackling it at all. Ash’s story is done after this, and they will never make a movie cratered to Amourshippers as the Pokémon main audience that they care about is five year old kids, evidenced by how they made Ash look and act like a 5 year old in SM and JN.
If Pokemon cratered to Amourshippers, then Ash would have gotten together with Serena at the end of XY
I dunno to you but what I like about this current era of anipoke is its unpredictability. We never thought that there is gonna be a series where ash revisits all the regions then JN happened, we never thought that ash is gonna win the league but alola league and masters 8 happened, we never thought that serena's gonna come back but JN105 happened, We never thought that the ash saga is never gonna end but MPM happened. I really empathize and understand a lot of our fellow amourshippers' frustrations about the current direction of this series but I think there is still a good realistic chance of a satisfying amour resolution.

Last edited:

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Amourshipping is just a small percentage of fans even outside kids. They aren't going to dictate all of their writing just for satosere

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
They've had some hints for pokeshipping already in MPM
yeah but did they have a kissing scene or did one of the animators drew a shippy fanart of both of them? also please be aware of rule 3.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Think about your statement for two seconds and it falls apart. Pokémon does not live or die with Ash. If the main demographics were solely five-year-olds, then the character returns would have never happened in the first place. Your argument is nonsense.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I mean at this point they should at least do something for May. KAORI can probably record some lines for one episode, and fans probably won’t care if it’s a VA change.

It would really suck if May’s last ever appearance in this series is a still image :(
I think they don't want to change VA out of respect for her mainly.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Once again, if there are no more shipping moments in the remaining episodes (very likely outcome), then Amour 'wins' by default because it's the closest to being canon. There were subtle hints from Ash's side during XY, and numerous staff members have said that the intention was to make Ash x Serena a pairing.

Now, after MPM Episode 2, it seems there's still room for people to headcanon other pairings, so if that bothers you, then you need to realize that a kids show about anthropomorphized monsters beating the crap out of each other is not a show for proper romance. Just because Amourshipping is not overtly confirmed from Ash's side doesn't mean it's any less valid/isn't in the lead. Of course, not having Ash and Serena actually talk to each other for longer than 30 seconds post-XY sucked, but if all you care about is that this pairing doesn't get replaced by another ship (viz. Pokeshipping), then you're good.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Once again, if there are no more shipping moments in the remaining episodes (very likely outcome), then Amour 'wins' by default because it's the closest to being canon. There were subtle hints from Ash's side during XY, and numerous staff members have said that the intention was to make Ash x Serena a pairing.

Now, after MPM Episode 2, it seems there's still room for people to headcanon other pairings, so if that bothers you, then you need to realize that a kids show about anthropomorphized monsters beating the crap out of each other is not a show for proper romance. Just because Amourshipping is not overtly confirmed from Ash's side doesn't mean it's any less valid/isn't in the lead. Of course, not having Ash and Serena actually talk to each other for longer than 30 seconds post-XY sucked, but if all you care about is that this pairing doesn't get replaced by another ship (viz. Pokeshipping), then you're good.
I guess it depends on what you consider "canon". I think of Like Korrasami or Shecat or Lumity or Sakuruto as canon since they officially got together.