• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Like I said, BW2 was the closest we’re gonna get to getting an actual romantic subplot in the games. (and one of the reasons why Gen 5 was peak) Lillie and Shauna came close, but were slightly toned down in comparison.

Now that I think about it, maybe the writers based Amour off of Nate x Yancy, while the childhood backstory was based off of Red and Yellow.
Lmao this reminds me of my favorite amour fanfic "the way we will be" by TheCartoonFanatic01 where Yancy was ash and Serena's daughter.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I mostly came here because I didn’t want to derail threads in the other sections of the site. And because I’m trying to understand several things: why are people so passionate about their ships be it poke, amour, or Ash’s hat with his hand (I’m pretty sure that’s a thing on that site with the huge list of ships), that they continue derailing threads or engage in flame wars over them.

They’re 10, they’re fictional, and the premise of the show has never been Ash’s love life, but about monster sports teams beating the crap out of each other. and yet unless they’re just trolling there are people who act like it’ll be the end of the world if Ash doesn’t get with “insert character here” or if he gets with a different one. I’m pretty sure you’ll survive this. The world isn’t going to end because of it.

I’ve never been a diehard shipper. Probably not since high school anyways. So I’ve forgotten how important seeing the characters you like become official couples is. And frankly it was ultimately crappy shipping fics that caused me to lose interest in the main Ash/Pokegirl ships. I’m more into rare pairs these days or about stories focusing on Ash and his Pokémon. It’s rarely about developing a relationship between two people and more about using the girl to boost Ash’s ego. Or “die for our ship” and bashing is in play. I find the best romance stories are the one-shots that are simple, short, and sweet.

I think it’s because of those crappy fics my brain is mixing canon and the fan dumb and/or it’s making me over critical of Ash and Serena’s dynamic in the anime.
It's funny, because Serena's crush on Ash actually made me want to put off on reading Amourshipping fanfics because I really want to know how this ship will end on canonical terms. It's more fun to read fanfics that fully know the characters well and actually figure the best way to tie the knot of those two.

This why a fanfic like Road to be A Master feels dated and cliche fanfics while The Queen's Champion feels like a logical progression of what was established by the anime.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Why are there a bunch of sockpuppet trolls invading this thread? Insecure and butthurt much?
Ikr and they accuse us of derailing threads? we're all just two sides of the same coin

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I feel Kusaka really hasn't wanted to do more than 1 arc per gen lately, especially with the games becoming serialized. You could feel he got tired with BW2, he had to jump through a million hoops to include the ORAS changes, and even SM lost a ton of steam once USUM stuff started
It's even more sad coz SM chapter ends with DP remakes arc hint, with Platinum appearing and all. It's been so long since we've seen them, a BDSP arc incorporating LA and BDSP would be great. So would a Let's Go Arc just to give Yellow more shine
But I understand why Kusaka got burned out

Speaking of Kusaka, I wish amourshipping was also more like Ruby x Sapphire in Pokespe, or even better, Black x White in Black and white chapter.
They perfectly balance being kids and still giving a nice ship storyline, with the latter being more subtle but better imo

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
You don't see most people here invade other shipping threads, much less be cowardly enough to do it via sockpuppets.
Yeah I agree a number of antis here are kinda hypocritical. Other than Jane, Cricket and that satosere most of the amour fandom here are very harmless. If those antis want to see the very worst of the amourshipping community then go to YouTube not here lmao

Last edited:

World Turtle

It's funny, because Serena's crush on Ash actually made me want to put off on reading Amourshipping fanfics because I really want to know how this ship will end on canonical terms. It's more fun to read fanfics that fully know the characters well and actually figure the best way to tie the knot of those two.

This why a fanfic like Road to be A Master feels dated and cliche fanfics while The Queen's Champion feels like a logical progression of what was established by the anime.
I think I can attribute all my issues with shipping to fan-fiction: either character bashing of the other girls or Serena gets treated as an object. Neither option I like.

If it becomes canon I'm scared they'll screw it up somehow. The anime has a history of ups and downs. I hope they pass the romantic resolution arc to a really good romance mangaka who does a spin-off manga set in the future.

I think my favorite approach to Ash/Serena from the few fics I liked was where they were just "dorks in love". Those were cute.

ComedianGuy8

well episode titles are out I don't we will have an amour-focused conclusion episode the best thing we can hope for is to have ash and serena share a moment in an episode

edit: LMAO this post got screenshotted in Moot's discord
If you mean the leaked titles on Twitter, well if those turn out to be true, then at least we have a Team Rocket focused episode in MPM9 (I expected it to be MPM10 but okay) and there's two more titles to be revealed left.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Two more chances left I guess
I don’t expect it to be addressed at this point. I suppose expecting a movie that is canon to the anime is also out of the question as well.

Heekful

I don’t expect it to be addressed at this point. I suppose expecting a movie that is canon to the anime is also out of the question as well.

Yeah I just don’t see how anyone can have hopes at this point. Pack it up and move on, as expected JN105 was the very last content we got.

I kind of get the idea that while they were trying to construct an ending for Ash, they kind of forgot that we like the other characters as well.

Exactly ! As someone who don’t care about Ash at all since the end of XY&Z but care a lot about some of his travelling companions, this is extremely disappointing but well… I’m used to it now with this show.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Im honestly really pissed they forgot the anime wasn't just the Ash show
But also for the other companions
Sure many got focus in JN
But Dawn, Serena and May do NOT have proper closure yet
Even as a big OS fan, I don't think it's fair that we get to eat good while everyone else has to starve.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Im honestly really pissed they forgot the anime wasn't just the Ash show
But also for the other companions
Sure many got focus in JN
But Dawn, Serena and May do NOT have proper closure yet
agree with dawn i think we already have closure in terms of Serena as a performer but as ash's traveling companion not yet the same goes for may too
Even as a big OS fan, I don't think it's fair that we get to eat good while everyone else has to starve.
lmao the writers really thought that their last appearances at JN is a satisfying closure

It really sucks that the only chance we get see another ash and serena interaction is for a few seconds like JN105 in the final two episodes

Last edited:

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
in the next few weeks this thread will either turn into a copeposting thread or it will be October 27 2016 all over again

Edit: so cricket just got banned there goes 50% of our discourse hahahaha

Last edited: