• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Well since cricket is gone I really hope our reputation becomes better here

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

vondecayle

Well since cricket is gone I really hope our reputation becomes better here
People shouldn’t be judging entire groups of people based on the behavior of one individual anyway.

AARTX

Dead inside…
So this might be the start of the cope-fest, but what are the chances we get bonus episodes after MPM (probably just recap episodes tbh LMAO)

Assuming there are no breaks, ep 11 will air on the 24th of March and the new series will probably start mid-april (maybe on the 14th or 21st) unless there’s another schedule change.

Last edited:

vondecayle

Never really got the hate SM Ash got. I didn’t like the more goofier take the series was going for, but I understood it.

He’s a 10-year-old kid.
He’s on vacation in PokeHawaii.
Let him have his fun.
How was he on vacation if he was going to school?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Xuxuba

What difference does it make if it's a vacation or not? Even when he is not on vacation he can just travel the world and do whatever he wants without having to worry about anything other training his pokémon once in a while.

Two more chances left I guess

Edit: Apparently there's leaks of it being a TR two-partner. In that case, have to hope Serena's somehow involved in that or she's in the last episode
If it's a two-parter, i reckon they could leave the final episode to do something similar to OS-Kanto (since they are pandering a lot to nostalgia) by throwing a party where everyone close to Ash appears, maybe to celebrate him becoming World Champion and/or beating TR once and for all. It could be an opportunity to have him catch Latias and maybe finally get the chance to properly talk to Serena after the kiss as they didn't get much time to speak on her returning episode. It'd also give the other companions a chance to appear in person even if not all of them end up having a speaking-role (like May because of her VA).

Personally, i don't think something like that would be too fanfictiony, considering these kind of parties already happened before, but the released episodes so far does make it hard to believe that anything relevant might happen in the finale.

Last edited:

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Seeing the way a lot of people in this forum bash or criticize serena and amourshipping I can totally understand why a lot of people here can be hyper defensive just look at this thread compared to the pokeshipping ones there are barely any antis there while in this thread it's obvious that a lot of antis here are low-key derailing stuff hell you don't even see cricket and Jane trying to derail the pokeshipping thread...yet but here we have a lot of antis like Gohmaster and Greninjamaster trying to low-key derail this thread. It's really hypocritical to think that we are the only ones who get riled up in these type of discourse

It's because Amourshipping has the highest chance by far of being the canon romance. It took the fandom by storm when XY aired.

Of course people are going to discuss Serena and Amourshipping more and examine them under a more critical lens.

Wouldn't you want the likely canon romance to have more discussion?

I think it's rather silly to label people as "antis" if they don't think everything about Serena/her goal/Amourshipping is Dostoevksy-tier writing, or don't go tribalistic and discredit other ships.

If this is pertaining to me then I would go as far as to say that Ash had better chemistry with Dawn rather than Serena

Which goes back to my earlier point that XY Ash probably would have had even better chemistry with Serena if she had been written to joke and tease him more often.

Why are there a bunch of sockpuppet trolls invading this thread? Insecure and butthurt much?

Imagine that, people having more nuanced opinions, instead of blind fanboyism.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I think it's rather silly to label people as "antis" if they don't think everything about Serena/her goal/Amourshipping is Dostoevksy-tier writing

I don't think most amourshippers here would think that amourshipping is some deep complex love story it's just it really gets unfairly criticized to death and yeah a lot of antis here are low-key violating rule 3

Never really got the hate SM Ash got. I didn’t like the more goofier take the series was going for, but I understood it.

He’s a 10-year-old kid.
He’s on vacation in PokeHawaii.
Let him have his fun.
Well in my case I think sun and moon is a well written series I just don't like what that series stood for. I for one always believed that the pokemon anime and ash should grow up with the fans XY seemed like a promise or a beginning of that and then sun and moon came along and kinda derailed it

Just like in the games LMAO

It was no-sided actually kek. The story explicitly says they are just best friends and best rivals.
I think calem definitely has has feelings for her it's just the Serena in masters is just dense.... or she likes red more

Last edited:

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I don't think most amourshippers here would think that amourshipping is some deep complex love story it's just it really gets unfairly criticized to death and yeah a lot of antis here are low-key violating rule 3

Well in my case I think sun and moon is a well written series I just don't like what that series stood for. I for one always believed that the pokemon anime and ash should grow up with the fans XY seemed like a promise or a beginning of that and then sun and moon came along and kinda derailed it
To be fair, I don't really think it seemed like XY was meant to be "aging" up Ash or the anime. It was just going for a more shonen heavy approach. Then SM took a more slice of life/yokai watch
approach.

Not to mention SM arguably had much more mature themes than XY.

Xuxuba

Which goes back to my earlier point that XY Ash probably would have had even better chemistry with Serena if she had been written to joke and tease him more often.
Why does every dynamic has to come down to teasing each other? There are more ways to keep interactions fun and to create conflict other than have them constantly bicker. Iris already had a lot of moments like that in the previous series, so it would only make sense to shake things up on the next one.

Besides, Serena is a shy and awkward person, she is more likely to be teased than do the teasing.
Meanwhile, Ash usually only teases those who tease him first.
Disagreeing with someone is not the same as being overly defensive or acting like a blind fanboy.

Problem is, when people who have no interest on the ship itself come to the thread to do nothing other the derail the subject and leave obvious troll baits.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Why does every dynamic has to come down to teasing each other? There are more ways to keep interactions fun and to create conflict other than have them constantly bicker.

Honestly i also don’t see why bickering and teasing has to be part of every relationship. Personally a fan of wholesome supportive relationships myself, with my current favorite being iruma/ameri from demon school.

Xuxuba

Honestly i also don’t see why bickering and teasing has to be part of every relationship. Personally a fan of wholesome supportive relationships myself, with my current favorite being iruma/ameri from demon school.
I do like some of them, but it's very easy for the writers to fall into a rabbit hole where they create petty discussions for the sake of it without them being something that would actually make sense for the characters to be so focused about it.

Back in the 90s, these tropes were done to death, so it's not exactly anything new to me either.

On top of that, Bonnie was already pretty much the teaser of the group anyway. She would tease Ash for being dense, Serena for being obvious and her brother for multiple reasons, in pretty much every episode lol

Last edited:

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
To be fair, I don't really think it seemed like XY was meant to be "aging" up Ash or the anime.
I mean if you just look at Ash's demeanor in XY you would assume they were going that way like I said it felt like a 'promise'
Not to mention SM arguably had much more mature themes than XY.
XY had just as many mature themes as sm
On top of that, Bonnie was already pretty much the teaser of the group anyway. She would tease Ash for being dense, Serena for being obvious and her brother for multiple reasons, in pretty much every episode lol
I can just imagine how hilarious the XY gang would've been if Brock was there.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I do like some of them, but it's very easy to fall into a rabbit hole where you create petty discussions for the sake of it without them being something that would actually make sense for the characters to be so focused about it.

Back in the 90s, these tropes were done to death, so it's not exactly anything new to me either.

I don’t hate them either. I just don’t really see them as a must for every relationship. I find sweet and wholesome relationship more enjoyable.

Maybe it’s because i’m older as well. As you said this kind of dynamic was done to death from the 90s to the 00s, so i don’t really have much of an appetite for it.