• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Since we finally know the fate of Amourshipping in MPM I'll ask these very repetitive questions again.

1. Do Yajima's words still hold true even though there is zero Serena presence in MPM11?
2. Even after everything that has happened and leaked, do you guys still think that Serena still has feelings for Ash after the end of JN105?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Massive spoiler warning!!!so the leaks has come out and Serena or any other pokegirl won't be featured in the final episode. Apparently the writers chose to disappoint us one final time.... How typical of them.

Typical Yuyama. Trolling/misleading until the very end.

And what's worse, it's part of the charm on his work

Man I'm excited for next week. We'll finally get to play Resident Evil 4 Remake.... and then I'm reminded that the last episode of MPM will be on the same day and my enthusiasm has just disappeared

Next week is the final episode of Digimon Ghost Game as well.

Funny how they just happen to be ending the same week. I'll lose both of my boys (Ash and Gammamon)

And that just reminds me I did a mock up photo with the Ash and Gammamon figures some time ago. Really need to backtrack this one...

Let's face it, the real threat to amour

kiss_0.jpg
and we're lucky it wasn't brought up today.

Plot twist: Serena befriends that Latias. And catch it.

Anyway, 10th anniversary of XY game/anime this year. We'll see if there's something by then.

Ash with XY gear & Greninja on Pokémon Masters.

Advanceshippers stays winnin' cuz we don't have to deal with this BS

OHylWUa.jpg

PS: Apparently today's Advanceshipping day so yeah, me and 5 other people are celebratin'

Advance was the first Ash ship I've supported

(solely because of my grudge against misty but I digress)

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Do you
tbh this tweet kinda challenged my perception of JN105 do you guys agree with this take? do you guys agree that the sun fading is symbolic of Serena's fading feelings towards Ash?
Though that is admittedly a beautifully tragic interpretation, and I guess it's valid if that's how you want to interpret that scene (death of the author and all that), I somehow highly doubt the writers were thinking that deeply about it in this way.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Well, at least we can now freely acknowledge that JN105 wasn't setting anything up for Amour and was just them doing their best to ignore the ship because they're too cowardly to deal with it conclusively.
Do you
tbh this tweet kinda challenged my perception of JN105 do you guys agree with this take? do you guys agree that the sun fading is symbolic of Serena's fading feelings towards Ash?
Forced symbolism. They didn't put that much thought into it.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
1. Do Yajima's words still hold true even though there is zero Serena presence in MPM11?
2. Even after everything that has happened and leaked, do you guys still think that Serena still has feelings for Ash after the end of JN105?
1 - Occam's Razor. In light of any lack of direct evidence pertaining to a change in status quo (ambiguous moments don't count whether for or against), the last known factually confirmed status will remain applicable.
2 - See above. Why wouldn't she continue to have feelings for him though? She fell in love with the kind bumbling boy, not some badass shounen archetype. The only people who use the "getting over" rhetoric by using some non-sequiturs are antis.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Since we finally know the fate of Amourshipping in MPM I'll ask these very repetitive questions again.

Meh, I feel after seeing those leaks, nothing has really changed. I did post that Amour remains in status quo and we're back to square one. That holds true for me.

1. Still does, I don't think MPM is the last time we see Ash and his friends, particularly Serena. That said, I feel like there will be a lot more creative freedom now that Ash has finally escaped from the confines of these horrible prisons, that are JN and MPM. I feel that if Yajima wants to, he can finally do more now with Ash being off-screen and away from the anime. Hell, I'm all for if Yajima makes a non-canon NaruHina-like movie but with Ash and Serena. Only time will tell.

2. JN105 really makes you think of Serena's feelings for Ash but I feel like the writers at that time didn't want to bring that up so we didn't see any clear evidence by then. Still, I do believe that Serena still has her feelings for Ash intact. Like I said, we're basically back to square one. At this point, it all boils down on who will be the next one to handle Serena's return and how they could possibly address her feelings again. Let's hope it'll be Yajima himself or hell, Akemi Omode

Ash with XY gear & Greninja on Pokémon Masters.
Please make this happen. I've already saved up to 33k+ gems just in case of something like this.
Advance was the first Ash ship I've supported

(solely because of my grudge against misty but I digress)
Funnily enough, it was Advanceshipping that did made me not a fan Misty anymore. I used to like her back in OS until she was replaced by May. I just find Ash and May to be a cute couple back then and there's also the Manaphy movie, which made me a solid advanceshipper. I support Amour now more than ever but there are times where I still appreciate advanceshipping despite not having that many hints.

Do you
Meh, this feels like someone's trying to force their own interpretation of that scene. I know that a lot of symbolism were discussed in JN105 (such as the green lights at the dock and the blue anklet on Serena's legs) and I'm not saying that these are intentional but that that sunset to me, feels like it's a bit of a stretch.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
2. JN105 really makes you think of Serena's feelings for Ash but I feel like the writers at that time didn't want to bring that up so we didn't see any clear evidence by then. Still, I do believe that Serena still has her feelings for Ash intact. Like I said, we're basically back to square one. At this point, it all boils down on who will be the next one to handle Serena's return and how they could possibly address her feelings again. Let's hope it'll be Yajima himself or hell, Akemi Omode

Yajima can co-write with Omode.

He did co-write the Koko movie with Tomioka after all...

Please make this happen. I've already saved up to 33k+ gems just in case of something like this.

I have over 212k.

A mix of luck with dailies and skipping banners I consider bait though

Funnily enough, it was Advanceshipping that did made me not a fan Misty anymore. I used to like her back in OS until she was replaced by May. I just find Ash and May to be a cute couple back then and there's also the Manaphy movie, which made me a solid advanceshipper. I support Amour now more than ever but there are times where I still appreciate advanceshipping despite not having that many hints.

I still lowkey support it. If anything I like she was the one with May while Ash was beating Leon

Scott is that you? /jk

Please, don't say this even as a joke. I want no association with that weirdo.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
No it's not. Yajima implied something would come out of this ship, which it didn't. That said, I don't think they put enough thought into Serena's cameo to actually consider erasing her feelings.
Well yajima is back at the helm so who knows maybe his prophecy will be finally be fulfilled!!

Please, don't say this even as a joke. I want no association with that weirdo.
Oh ok my apologies then

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
He's not really 'back at the helm
But he is still more involved now compared to SM/JN
, plus I hope they just scrub Ash from the anime entirely.
Disagree as long there is no finality and closure to ash and all of his companions I will keep hoping for him and his friends to appear.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
But he is still more involved now compared to SM/JN
sure I guess
Disagree as long there is no finality and closure to ash and all of his companions I will keep hoping for him and his friends to appear.
It's just my own opinion, you're free to disagree all you want. I just want them to leave Ash alone now, especially after this embarrassment of a 'finale'.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Yes. And yes.

Unless there is something that contradicts both, either on-screen or word of god, then the status quo hasn’t changed.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

Yeah to both.

JN and MPM might’ve bern handled like dogshit but nothing really contradicts what was already set before.

They clearly show serena still hold ash’s word to heart and they still show being like him is still her goal with how she wants to match his ambition of becoming the best in the world.

The writers are just too cowardly to do anything about it. They still know something exist there, since they went to the trouble of finding an excuse why they didn’t meet until the end, but they aren’t doing more. Much kike how yuyama aknowledge there are a lot of interestinv topics about TR, but only does slapstick just because.

j4hsan

yeah and yeah.

nothing in MPM has made me change my mind rlly.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The writers are just too cowardly to do anything about it.
This isn’t “the writers” fault. They just write the episodes based on the outlines they’re given. If you’re really looking for someone to blame, then you should be blaming the production committee, Yuyama, and TPC

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
what do you mean by we're back at square one?
Meaning that nothing has really changed in terms amourshipping's fate and we're back to the way things are (assuming and hoping that Serena would return and the ship will be brought up). I dunno, I just feel that way. Feels like nothing so far has affected the ship.

Yajima can co-write with Omode.

He did co-write the Koko movie with Tomioka after all...
A movie starring Ash and Serena written by Yajima and Omode would be a dream come true

watch it be tomiyasu lol
tbf, Tomiyasu did some amourshipping moments during XY days (He wrote the episode where Serena cuts her hear and changed to her new outfit with the blue ribbon that Ash to gave her) . I know we've been dreading Tomiyasu due to the poor state of JN but I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt if he's to direct an amourshipping-centric movie. I still prefer Yajima and/or Omode though,.