• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
And MGM Grand is on the lower end of Vegas hotels. It's better than Excalibur or the Luxor Pyramid, but there are a lot better (like Cosmopolitan or Aria). It wouldn't be my first choice.

It does have a nice view of the airport, though, which is great for plane watchers.

Why yes...I have been to Vegas WAY too many times.

Could you imagine an adult Ash and Serena in Poke-Vegas?

Last edited by a moderator:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
And MGM Grand is on the lower end of Vegas hotels. It's better than Excalibur or the Luxor Pyramid, but there are a lot better (like Cosmopolitan or Aria). It wouldn't be my first choice.

It does have a nice view of the airport, though, which is great for plane watchers.

Why yes...I have been to Vegas WAY too many times.

Could you imagine an adult Ash and Serena in Poke-Vegas?
There's no such thing as Poke-Vegas anymore since the ousting of the Game Corners.

Thanks, PEGI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Anyways the Ash saga ends in less than 6 hours, there are a lot of things that did not go in our way but nevertheless it is still fun speculating, arguing and inhaling large amounts of copium with you guys. I really hope that we get the satisfying amour conclusion that we always wanted someday!!!

SatoSere

Happy ending in pokemon anime and everybody, Satoshi and Serena have a very emotional reunion in the place where their story began in Masara Town (Pallet Town) openly expressing many feelings, memories and moments together in their relationship, they travel together towards their happy future as a love couple <3

Vichoo

In imminent the victory of the always evil Antishipping. The truth is that I am very disappointed, but not because of the victory of this villain, but because the producers were afraid to dare more. Ash deserved to have a shipping canon as well as other popular anime characters, but he was tied to "virginity". :(

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
We're at the finale now and it's really a surreal feeling, knowing that Ash's entire journey in the anime is about to come to a close. This character has done so much for Pokemon as a franchise and while the epilogue arc has largely been disappointing, I hope for an epic final episode.

From an AmourShipping perspective, this is really the end of an era as well. AmourShipping has hardly ever know an existence without a future. Even the closest it's come before, the end of XY, came on a very high note to soften the blow. This pairing's community, especially around here, has always been very heavily focused on hopes for the future, instead of celebrating the past as many other communities do. Most ships had to confront the reality that they would never again see canon development years ago. Now, barring a miracle (and frankly horrendous writing), it's something we'll have to confront after nearly ten years of building momentum. And yet, those pairings survived in some form, by virtue of celebrating their history and dedication to fan works. Fortunately, AmourShipping has been blessed with incredibly strong material, and that'll especially hold true in the event the finale is shipping-agnostic. We're finally entering an era without hope for canonization today, but we do so with a remarkable history. No one can take that from us.

And finally we must go, to our own way.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I think the realization of Ash finally leaving the anime is already dawning on me, not because of MPM, but rather the fan tributes. tbh, I feel that fans have more dedication in giving Ash one last hurrah more than whatever MPM offered, and that to me is enough to miss Ash so much.

It's the end of an era indeed and while not wholeheartedly felt in this series of episodes, the fact that many will miss Ash is what really makes it sad for me.

Amourshippig-wise, I stand to my own belief that it still has the high-ground in terms of shipping. While not fully canonized, it is still the closest that we can get for a romance involving Ash and the impact that it has to the audience will remain in the history of anime.

It's been a good ride and I don't really want to stay too negative in Ash's last moment as the main character and just want to send him off with nothing but good vibes. Until we meet again, Ash Ketchum.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Welp, no Pallet Town goodbye or last minute rendezvouvs on the road.

Shipping was never a major element of this show except for Orange Islands and XY, obviously. JN made that emphatically clear.

I can see why it's disappointing. To go from all the content in XY to just a 30 second reunion in an episode that weakly reaffirms the show almost feels tantamount to the ship being retconned.

Amour still 'wins' by being ahead of the other ships as Serena is the only one who ever confessed. However, it looks like Anipoke will need its version of Naruto The Last in order to canonize this pairing.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Well, if anyone wanted a shipping-agnostic ending, they got their wish. Absolutely nothing out of Serena unfortunately (and it still stuns me that JN105 will be the end of this saga), but Misty left in the first minute and depending on what exactly Brock said to her that prompted Croagunk to punch him, there might've been more GymShipping than PokeShipping in the episode. Definitely very mixed overall, and I honestly feel Team Rocket had a better final sendoff as characters than Ash did.

Amourshippig-wise, I stand to my own belief that it still has the high-ground in terms of shipping. While not fully canonized, it is still the closest that we can get for a romance involving Ash and the impact that it has to the audience will remain in the history of anime.
As things sit right now, I think you're right. The final episodes did nothing to help AmourShipping, but certainly didn't invalidate it either. Now, it'll simply just have to stand on its own merits.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I think the realization of Ash finally leaving the anime is already dawning on me, not because of MPM, but rather the fan tributes. tbh, I feel that fans have more dedication in giving Ash one last hurrah more than whatever MPM offered, and that to me is enough to miss Ash so much.

It's the end of an era indeed and while not wholeheartedly felt in this series of episodes, the fact that many will miss Ash is what really makes it sad for me.

It's been a good ride and I don't really want to stay too negative in Ash's last moment as the main character and just want to send him off with nothing but good vibes. Until we meet again, Ash Ketchum.

As I've said before, it's not about the quantity of time that matters. It's the quality of what you do with the limited time you have.

When Ash says goodbye to Misty, it was a simple wave goodbye while their Pokémon get more emotional of the farewells. Heck, even Brock's farewell to Misty is more engaging than Ash's. And with MPM being the end of our time with Ash, consider that we didn't really get a farewell between Ash and Dawn after the World Championship. Or that Iris was part of the Champion group that bid Ash farewell before the semi-finals. Or really any other companion that Ash waves goodbye to in Journeys. It's all casual goodbyes.

Serena's goodbye is that one that feels special because the time they actually have with each other is so limited that they have to make it the best and most memorable goodbye to each other. Declaring their goals and gazing at each other until the horizon separates them from sight.

That is how you know Amourshipping is still above the rest when it comes to the most canonical and most likely ship to happen in Ash's future.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
most likely ship to happen in Ash's future.
Knowing how forgetful some of the writers are I hope it stays that way lol

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
As I've said before, it's not about the quantity of time that matters. It's the quality of what you do with the limited time you have.

When Ash says goodbye to Misty, it was a simple wave goodbye while their Pokémon get more emotional of the farewells. Heck, even Brock's farewell to Misty is more engaging than Ash's. And with MPM being the end of our time with Ash, consider that we didn't really get a farewell between Ash and Dawn after the World Championship. Or that Iris was part of the Champion group that bid Ash farewell before the semi-finals. Or really any other companion that Ash waves goodbye to in Journeys. It's all casual goodbyes.

Serena's goodbye is that one that feels special because the time they actually have with each other is so limited that they have to make it the best and most memorable goodbye to each other. Declaring their goals and gazing at each other until the horizon separates them from sight.

That is how you know Amourshipping is still above the rest when it comes to the most canonical and most likely ship to happen in Ash's future.
This is a really great point, honestly. They didn't have much interaction, but she was still very much staring at his departing ferry for quite a long time. It's a nice farewell in a certain way.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
But seriously even though Ash's journey is complete it still seems pretty incomplete. There are still a lot of things that deserved a closure like everything about Giovanni and team rocket.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
But seriously even though Ash's journey is complete it still seems pretty incomplete. There are still a lot of things that deserved a closure like everything about Giovanni and team rocket.
Probably, they ran out of ideas for Ash to do in the anime so they likely are giving him off-screen treatment until the right time. Whatever the case, I do think this isn't the last we'll see of Ash. For now though, it feels like a goodbye to a long time friend

ComedianGuy8

First, Brock is hitting on attractive older women and now he seems to be hitting on Misty, that's a new one. Boy, he really is desperate.

If he were to act this way towards Serena, this may not end well for him. Assuming Ash does view Serena as special (with subtle evidence of Ash giving Serena special treatment and not doing the same for anybody else such as: personally inviting her on a journey with him (he did invite Chloe later on but she declined); agreeing to go shopping with her or even take her there without hesitation when it's clear that it has never been his thing; giving her a gift at his own whim (the gifts he gave to Casey and Iris were out of advice from someone else); offering to delay his gym battle for Serena's showcase without a second thought; thinks about what Serena said after their fight; informing Serena about him participating at the PWC without being asked what he's up to (I think); etc.), I could actually see Ash trying to pull Brock away from Serena. When Brock does this to Misty, Ash just stood there.

I agree that this may not be the last of Ash mainly because it ended with an open-ending and open-endings are more likely to get follow-ups unless it's been outright stated that we'll never see Ash ever again afterwards, and it's a bummer that there wasn't any Amourshipping conclusion and it could be months or years. On the bright side, at least that Ash and Pikachu are finally getting a break for once and Serena is so far the only main girl to have obvious feelings for Ash and has made her move while the other main girls do not have any obvious or confirmed feelings for him and not even a single confession out of them happened.