• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Also good to see that the recap tweet for XY is the most popular one. Good to see the XY love going strong.
yeah you can't deny the large impact the XY series did on the modern era of anipoke despite some users here thinking otherwise

BlueDragonfangirl

Came to say good bye shippers, it’s been a fun ride with you guys, it will forever be my favorite Ash pairing.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Shoko-tan will be one of the artists who will appear next week's anipoke music festival. Slim chance but I'm hoping for Dori Dori or heck, even go as far as Candy Girl

Darn, they got Fumie Akiyoshi! That's awesome.

Not going to lie, I kind of wish they got Takeshi Tsuruno too. He only did one song for the franchise but he's got plenty of qualification. Plus, it'd make his son happy and he deserves it.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
really hope that this fandom will still be strong for years to come lol

Came to say good bye shippers, it’s been a fun ride with you guys, it will forever be my favorite Ash pairing.
Sad to see the OG amourshipper go

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Pretty sure this thread will still be active from time to time, likely talking about things like "when is Ash returning" or "what are the chances of Ash returning" adding the question "will Serena also return?".

Anyways, Pokémon Horizon will still follow the same formula as JN, as in, we'll see Liko and Roy traveling in different regions. That should give us some possibilities of them encountering past companions (I know I said in other threads that I prefer that this new anime to be a separate universe but you never know)

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Speaking of flowers, the flowers that appered when Ash returned to pallet town from Kalos are called baby's breath which symbolizes everlasting love and innocence. That was a very subtle hint if you ask me.
G5tN0bGV8srIJbOP6M7vTesxBJuX7QhPaY7BjAsGqFJMOyAKwLCJfXPyhhwLRNGd3ccx1QQ-P0hT7e1WEO2veJkSOYwDp6AeIlVxjBNahapy6R73MsZwL0PblsDCgqpN1GeL6ajj5E8=w2400
Ash seemed taller in that pic lol

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
There will be plenty of fan creation. I think we'll see a bunch of fan fiction and fan art depicting what we think will happen after today's episode. Let's keep elevating and discussing the good fan creation here.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I’m not really worried about fanart really. Since amour always had the most by far anyways, so even though fanart relating to ashnime will take a drop in general we’re still easily the safest.

Though it will be interesting to see how big that general drop is going to be.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I’m not really worried about fanart really. Since amour always had the most by far anyways, so even though fanart relating to ashnime will take a drop in general we’re still easily the safest.
Didn't amour on pixiv had a huge drop in 2021?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
If my words mean anything on this thread, I'll just share the sentiment that it's up to you guys to keep the ship alive. Keep the discussion going, support fan creations, or better yet, make creations of your own if possible. I can tell a lot of you are very passionate about AmourShipping, and it's cool to see that and interact with you guys. Despite our differences and how MPM was handled, it's a pleasure to be here with y'all at the end of the line.

I definitely agree. Most pairings weren't lucky enough to get a chance at canonization for as long as we did. Now we'll have to parlay it all into what we respectively feel should've been.

Honestly, I suppose that's the one good thing about MPM failing to answer a lot of the long-term questions like Ash's father and his potential future partner. Though it's bad for the actual series, it's perhaps the best thing possible for the health of the fandom. Everything is still open for fanworks, and after the way MPM went, I think a lot of people will be motivated to "correct" it and make their own epilogue or continuation.

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Didn't amour on pixiv had a huge drop in 2021?
Pixiv still gets amourshipping arts weekly. Not as much as back then but there's still something new every week and there's also the novels/fanfics which are more frequent than fanarts and amour has the most content there in terms of novels

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
No?

The only major drop was around 2017-2018, and that was because it was going down after the peak of 2016. But even by 2019 it already bounced back. Even then at it’s lowest it was far above everything else.
I think I've seen someone post that chart on r/pokemonanime the comments section of every amour and Serena related posts on that subreddit seems like a hell zone lol

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I think I've seen someone post that chart on r/pokemonanime the comments section of every amour and Serena related posts on that subreddit seems like a hell zone lol
I’ve posted a different chart there, which was the fanart amount for each individual characters and not ships.

I doubt somebody else would post this shipping one there, since i doubt many actually care for this kind of data, but if they did it was without my knowledge.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I’ve posted a different chart there, which was the fanart amount for each individual characters and not ships.

I doubt somebody else would post this shipping one there, since i doubt many actually care for this kind of data, but if they did it was without my knowledge.
Oh maybe I just misread your post there lol. I really wonder how amour fanfics in AO3 and ffn will do over time

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Sooo with all that is said and done do you guys think that there is some regret on the writers' part when it comes to amourshipping judging how serena and her relationship with ash was portrayed and showcased post xy?

Last edited:

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
As I've said before, it's not about the quantity of time that matters. It's the quality of what you do with the limited time you have.

When Ash says goodbye to Misty, it was a simple wave goodbye while their Pokémon get more emotional of the farewells. Heck, even Brock's farewell to Misty is more engaging than Ash's. And with MPM being the end of our time with Ash, consider that we didn't really get a farewell between Ash and Dawn after the World Championship. Or that Iris was part of the Champion group that bid Ash farewell before the semi-finals. Or really any other companion that Ash waves goodbye to in Journeys. It's all casual goodbyes.

Serena's goodbye is that one that feels special because the time they actually have with each other is so limited that they have to make it the best and most memorable goodbye to each other. Declaring their goals and gazing at each other until the horizon separates them from sight.

That is how you know Amourshipping is still above the rest when it comes to the most canonical and most likely ship to happen in Ash's future.

Yes...but also no.

You're right, Serena's goodbye was poignant, and was a parallel to the elevator scene, except this time it was Ash being whisked away. It was framed as a moment of longing, especially with Serena waiting until the ship left the horizon. It would have been even better of a scene had the show portrayed Ash watching the dock until it too disappeared.

However, their interaction being considered special just because it was so limited...isn't a good thing? The fact that Serena got 1 episode after 5.5 years, and her only interaction with Ash was a measly 30 seconds, really shouldn't be viewed as a positive. The fact that she wasn't written to be present for the Masters 8, the most important tournament of Ash's life, is rather bad, especially when Dawn was there instead.

With Misty and Dawn, they've met up with Ash multiple times now. They already had poignant goodbyes at the end of OS and DP. Nowadays, when they say goodbye, it's more of a "see you in a few months" (or however time works in this universe), since that is actually the case.

Sooo with all that is said and done do you guys think that there is some regret on the writers' part when it comes to amourshipping judging how serena and her relationship with ash was portrayed and showcased post xy?

Not necessarily regret, because they know XY definitely revitalized the show, and Amourshipping was a popular aspect of XY. However, with SM and JN, they wanted to reiterate that Ash was/is still a 10-year-old boy, and romance isn't something that should be on his mind, nor as a focus.

I think they could have easily and elegantly done a 1-2 minute scene of the two of them talking about what happened, without needing to canonize anything. Serena should have reappeared more often, because how else can you continue to depict why Ash would like her over anybody else. Oh well, it is what it is.

Amourshipping's best bet is now to hope for a The Last: Naruto the Movie-esque movie with the two of them as teenagers where Ash 'realizes' his feelings.

Last edited: