• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping Thread V3

KyleK

Fatebreaker
Would they have anything planned for that?
In terms of merch, maybe.

In terms of the anime we might get a few episodes in Kalos later this year, as Horizons follows the Journeys formula of travelling around the world. However, I think that we won't see former companions until HZ is halfway over (just like JN) and Ash until HZ is in its final year.

In terms of the anime we might get a few episodes in Kalos later this year, as Horizons follows the Journeys formula of travelling around the world. However, I think that we won't see former companions until HZ is halfway over (just like JN) and Ash until HZ is in its final year.
I'm honestly expecting Horizons to be its own thing and not have anyone from Ash's Journey in the show

I'm even expecting that if any of the gym leaders Ash knows well (Brock, Clemont, Korrina, Bea, etc...) appear in Horizons, the writers would either make it ambiguous on whether it is the same universe as Ash's Journey or rewrite their character to fit with Horizons and show that the Gym Leader is not the same one Ash met

I think if we're ever going to get anything that deals with Ash at all, much less Serena, it would be a movie (Unless Pokemon decides to throw in a random curveball and make some sort of mini-series and/or web series involving Ash)

Observer

Mostly watching
I have a fun topic for everyone here, since it's been a while for a Pokemon movie I was wondering that if they were to make another one with AU Ash and they decided to add in Serena, how would you like their interactions to go?

Before you ask, yes she still has feelings for him, and they still met at summer camp but if you want to you change it from how they first met in the anime.

Morax

King of heroes
I have a fun topic for everyone here, since it's been a while for a Pokemon movie I was wondering that if they were to make another one with AU Ash and they decided to add in Serena, how would you like their interactions to go?

Before you ask, yes she still has feelings for him, and they still met at summer camp but if you want to you change it from how they first met in the anime.
At this point all I want is closure. They can milk the ship as long as they want after giving her feelings some resolution

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

Hmm that's a tricky one, well I would've made Serena in the AU timeline to be more like her masters character while Ash is her rival and then they fell for each other in the process

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!

What reason would there even be for the companions to reappear? They don't know Liko and Roy, they might not even know about the Explorers or the Rising Volt Tacklers. I could maybe see Goh making a return as his VA is still on the show but most of the other companions, especially May and Max are very unlikely to return.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Hmm that's a tricky one, well I would've made Serena in the AU timeline to be more like her masters character while Ash is her rival and then they fell for each other in the process
It's very likely that I would find myself supporting this version of Amourshipping. <3

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yuyama did say that the scenes at the end of I Choose You were supposed to represent the AU Satoshi of that movie's encounters with those characters. Since he also said that the universes were more or less identical up until the point the Rainbow Feather fell, Serena should likewise be identical to her normal universe counterpart at least up until she meets Satoshi.

I just realized something...

You all are getting those Serena figures through a Shipping service!

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Yuyama did say that the scenes at the end of I Choose You were supposed to represent the AU Satoshi of that movie's encounters with those characters. Since he also said that the universes were more or less identical up until the point the Rainbow Feather fell, Serena should likewise be identical to her normal universe counterpart at least up until she meets Satoshi.
I still firmly believe on this being Ash's POV, hence, him picking up Serena's hat and her smiling back at him.

Anyway, what's good about the movies is that they don't have to reference everything the characters did in the main anime, giving more chance to give them more personalities if the directors felt like it. I'd want to see a more competent version of Serena when it comes to battling. She has the potential in the anime but I'd like to see here do more battles with Ash.

Kinda tricky since to me, their interactions are almost perfect the way they are. Maybe as of JN105, I'd like to see them on equal footing, with Serena being confident enough that she can keep up with Ash. if I really want to see something added, then it's with Ash. I'd like to see what he thinks and how he feels about Serena.

KyleK

Fatebreaker
I'm honestly expecting Horizons to be its own thing and not have anyone from Ash's Journey in the show

I'm even expecting that if any of the gym leaders Ash knows well (Brock, Clemont, Korrina, Bea, etc...) appear in Horizons, the writers would either make it ambiguous on whether it is the same universe as Ash's Journey or rewrite their character to fit with Horizons and show that the Gym Leader is not the same one Ash met
With how it has been going so far, I think that the continuity stuff will be kept ambiguous for the first year or so of Horizons unless someone mentions Ash. And this doesn't even have to be by name. It could just be something like "the new monarch."

Based on that, I think that, they'll actively avoid places that are heavily connected to the Ash saga (e.g. Melemele Island) and those where important characters from that saga currently are (e.g. Pewter City with Brock) until the timeline has been revealed rather than rewrite certain characters.

I think if we're ever going to get anything that deals with Ash at all, much less Serena, it would be a movie (Unless Pokemon decides to throw in a random curveball and make some sort of mini-series and/or web series involving Ash)
I think that Ash's appearances in the future will mostly be in special episodes plus the occasional appearance in Horizons and future series. I think that he won't be in every single series from now on, but Ash showing up during HZ is something that I think is quite likely while the chances for him showing up in future series are getting lower the further we're getting away from the Ash saga.

As for movies I think that:
1) they're done with them or
2) they'll feature Liko and Roy if they decide to make new ones

What reason would there even be for the companions to reappear?
Marketing for the next remakes and/or the next Legends game.

I could maybe see Goh making a return as his VA is still on the show but most of the other companions, especially May and Max are very unlikely to return.
In hindsight my original post wasn't ideally worded in that regard, but I don't think that we'll see all of them as we just had Journeys. I think that it's going to be a small selection of them.

It’s certainly odd that they don’t capitalize on the “popularity” of amourshipping. Not enough green for them?
I think that this is tied to MPM's open ending which, imo, feels like an excuse to keep the option to bring Ash back as the protagonist if HZ is a flop. Making Amour canon would make it harder for them to reintroduce him.
If Horizons is successful enough to make them completely move on from Ash as the protagonist for the series, I can see them making Amour fully canon in 2026 for the 10th anniversary of the kiss and capitalize on its popularity then.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Since Kiss day is being celebrated in Japan, we get our annual top 20 popular anime kiss scenes in anime. Ash and Serena's kiss dropped to no. 11 (last year, it was in no. 4, likely due to Serena returning in JN)
L4Sfr7q.png

Sauce: https://animeanime.jp/article/2023/05/23/77502_2.html
Slight tangent, but I recently found out the day that the kiss episode aired (October 27, 2016) is also my birthday, so maybe my entire life has just been a lie.

(Coincidentally also Dawn's birthday, so woot.)