• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

AMV Thread

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
(A)nime (M)usic (V)ideos. I love’em. Ever since wandering over towards the AMV contest at Fanime ’07, I’ve been hooked. I’ve discovered new anime series to watch through them, I’ve discovered new music through them, and even made a couple friends through’em.

I've tried making some myself, but I suck at video editing. My failures have done nothing but increase my appreciation for the craft, though.

I was just wondering if anyone else on the forums finds favor in the things? If so, post some of your favorites. If you're a video editor, maybe you even have some AMV projects you've worked on. Let's hear it!

Because I’m such a fan, I compiled a list of some of my favorites and divided them by category. If you’ve never heard of AMVs before, never really seen them, or are just insomnia’d out late one Wednesday morning, check’em out.

*WARNING*

I’ve done my best to not include anime with adult material or music with profanity, but there might be some heavier material in some of these videos. Essentially, if you can handle “Adult Swim,” you’ll be fine.

[Comedy]
Free Willies by: Amaterasu
Video:
Free
Audio:
The Lonely Island – No Homo

The Fox by: seriy
Video:
Spice and Wolf
Audio:
Ylvis – The Fox

Sorry For Being Hercule by: leetmeatwad
Video:
Dragonball Z
Audio:
LMFAO - I’m Sexy and I Know It

Fangirl Frenzy by: Aqua Sky
Video:
Various
Audio:
Risembool Rangers – Ms.Yaoi-Obsessed Fangirl
[Fun/Upbeat]
Safety Dance by: Shin
Video:
Nichijou
Audio:
Men Without Hats – Safety Dance

Do It Right (Shake It) by: sparrow
Video:
Various
Audio:
Ray Charles – Shake a Tailfeather

Snowball Genocide by: Kisanzi
Video:
Various
Audio:
Montee and Junkee Sound – Royal Taste

Hands Up! by: Drabaz
Video:
Dragonball Z
Audio:
Talo Cruz - Dynamite

Otaku Paradise by: BecauseImBored
Video:
Various
Audio:
Phillip Phillis – Raging Fire
[Action]
Jihaku by: Tyler_yj
Video:
Various
Audio:
Foo Fighters – Best of You

Spinning Infinity by: Nighthawk
Video:
Gurren Lagann
Audio:
Foo Fighters – The Pretender

M The Prequel by: Multi Editor Project
Video:
Magi: the Labyrinth of Magic
Audio:
ONE OK ROCK - Onion

Valor by: MycathatesyouAMV
Video:
Kill la Kill
Audio:
Celldweller – Tough Guy (Tim Ismag Remix)

Louder Than Words by: Kensh1n
Video:
Attack on Titan
Audio:
Les Friction – Louder than Words

Means to an Endgame by: Shin
Video:
Code Geass, Code Geass R2
Audio:
Florence and the Machine – Seven Devils
[Drama]
Broken Dreams by: Toonami
Video:
Outlaw Star
Audio:
Remix

Pedal by: Centurione
Video:
Various
Audio:
Ludovico Einaudi - Primavera

Hot Commodity by: GuntherAMVs
Video:
Kuroko’s Basketball
Audio:
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Wing$

{Memory} by: xMySweetMurderx
Video:
Ano Hana
Audio:
Ryan Star – Losing Your Memory

Lionheart by: neko kitkat
Video:
Wolf Children
Audio:
Of Monsters and Men – King and Lionheart

Dirge by: Dark Krystal
Video:
Cowboy bebop: Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
Audio:
Johnny Cash – God’s Gonna Cut You Down (Remix)
[Horror]
Doppelgänger Chronicles by: ProjectBarcodeError
Video:
Soul Eater, Others
Audio:
Death Note OST – Light’s Theme

Quiet by: Okami
Video:
Neon Genesis Evangalion
Audio:
Depeche Mode – Enjoy The Silence (Mike Shinoda Remix)

Vampiric Vixen by: BecauseI’mBored1
Video:
Hellsing Ultimate
Audio:
The Creep Show – Psycho Ball & Chain

Night of the Monster by: FarmXD
Video:
Various
Audio:
30 Seconds to Mars – Night of the Monster
[Experimental]
Paper Heart by: Qwaqa
Video:
The Girl Who Lept Through Time, Others
Audio:
Signs Soundtrack – Baby Monitor, Hands Of Fate

Running Man by: Nostromo
Video:
Sayonara, Zetsubo Sensei, Various
Audio:
Utah Saints – Something Good ‘09

Vessels by: Gorz
Video:
Kyokai no Katana
Audio:
The Glitch Mob – Can’t Stop Us (edit)

Into the Labyrinth by: lolligerjoj
Video:
Bakemonogatari
Audio:
Kraddy - Into The Labyrinth
Trailers
Attack on Pacific Rim by: Neoka-sama
Video:
Attack on Titan
Audio:
Pacific Rim Trailer

The Gurren Knight by: XardonZ
Video:
Gurren Lagann
Audio:
The Dark Knight Trailer

Inception Innocence by:
Video:
Ghost in the Shell
Audio:
Inception Trailer

A Walk to Remember by: Melichan923
Video:
Clannad
Audio:
A Walk To Remember Trailer

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I don't go out of my way to find AMVs but every now and then I'll find one that I like and add it to my YouTube favourites. A lot of them are too cheesy or just plain bad so that usually steers me away.

K.W.A. - Straight Outta Hidamari - Funniest one by far
This is the Tale - Multiple anime mashed up with Lonely Island
The Nightmagi Cometh Daymanstep - Usually I don't like dubstep but... DAYMAN AA~AA~AAAAH!!
COMMANAD AFTER STORY - If you watched Clannad you owe it to yourself to see this.
Do You Take It?!
Every Anime Opening Ever

Also here's a few MADs that I like:

[合作] デジャブ・ザ・ファイヤー アニメMAD Favourite MAD of all time
Madoka Magica x Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP
【らっぷびと】俗・人として軸がぶれているらっぷ【絶望先生】 - Really well done Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei video
Lucky☆Star Patricia - NIPPONPON\(≧∇≦)/
~(=^・ω・^)ノゆいちゃ~んゆずちゃ~ん - Yuyushiki, this one will make your heart melt.
Yui Ichii's Tsukkomi Canyon - More Yuyushiki and more Kirby

???

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't go around looking for AMVs these days, so I pretty much had to go through memory and my playlist. Unfortunately, there's a lot of deleted videos on my playlist, so many AMVs I favorited back in the day are gone. I also don't have much of a variety to these AMVs, either, so... yeah. Now I have made a few AMVs of my own (usually Pokémon), but I'll only link to one that I really like since it's the more recent of the AMVs, and it was edited in Adobe Premiere instead of Windows Movie Maker.

Higurashi Sweet Sacrifice - I was so worried this had gotten pulled down, but luckily it's still up. Really enjoyed this one.

CLANNAD/After Story -Mad World- - CLANNAD spoilers.

[Pokemon] "Awake...and alive." - Yeah, music's from Skillet, and the pitch manipulation doesn't help because of copyright, killed two AMVs I made that I had liked but this one's shorter than the one I was going to post (from the same person), and I think it looks cooler anyway.

Hold On - This is an unusual one because it's so simply edited, yet given the piece of music and what her intentions were with the clips, it fits with the peaceful feeling. Completely forgot about it, which saddens me since the music is that nostalgic to me.

Ascension of Amber's Spirit - This one's mine. I have/had two more AMVs planned that are still on my desktop, but I just never got back to them, especially since one of them is almost done XD, and the other is to the vocal of "The Place Where Wishes Come True". Aw well, if they happen, they happen, but for now, I like this one the most.

COMMANAD AFTER STORY - If you watched Clannad you owe it to yourself to see this.

Woooooow XD. Now I wish I saw Commando. *quickly runs*

Why do I love this so much.

matt0044

What does "MAD" mean in terms of AMVs?

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
What does "MAD" mean in terms of AMVs?

Here's the best answer I could give, alla Urban Dictionary:

MAD
A MAD Movie is a Japanese fan-made video, much like an anime music video (AMV), that generally originate from the Japanese website Nico Nico Douga. MAD can also describe the Japanese AMV community, although they can be anything from audio clips, edited pictures, to wholly original creations. MADs do not necessarily even need to be related to anime, though the more popular ones typically are. The term MAD (occasionally M@D) is thought to be a reference to the name of one of the original MADs, rather than a particular acronym for anything.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Haven't seen a manga MAD before but that was pretty well done.

I also haven't watched the Jojo OVA things. Wow, those noses...
Hey the animation more then makes up for those noses. Jotaro vs Dio fight is more then worth it. And actually more satisfying Dubbed if only for Star Platnium's Dubbed Orararas

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Easily My Favorite MADmostly because I watched it during the height of the Lucky Star kraze, and I can't help but laugh when I see the dancing Tsukasa stick figures

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Easily My Favorite MADmostly because I watched it during the height of the Lucky Star kraze, and I can't help but laugh when I see the dancing Tsukasa stick figures

Surprised to hear the English dub in there. They even gave Michelle Ruff a credit at the end.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!

Canto

Bleach - Let Go

I found this one the other day and I find myself watching over and over again. Maybe it's just because I'm a little obsessed with this song, but I think it's pretty good as a whole.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Here is a personal favorite of mine. It's a Soul Eater AMV with the song This Is Halloween.

I totally forgot all about this (probably doesn't help the original was taken down so other people had to reupload it). I personally don't care for the cover by itself, but it was edited so well to the music that it's perfect. It was this AMV that convinced me to watch Soul Eater (when I get around to it).