• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Alola! in Alola! Brock and Misty! (1045)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Very happy to see Brock and Misty again. I still can't stand their Alola redesigns, and it's very difficult to get used to Misty's new voice, but it's fun nonetheless. Even though this is the second time it's happened, it's still so surreal to have old characters return. Definitely one of the better things to come out of Sun and Moon.

I'm a little disappointed that Brock was barely in this episode, but just to see him go after a Nurse Joy again brought me great joy (pun intended). However, I do feel like this episode relied a little too much on the returning characters. Beyond just the idea of "Brock and Misty are back, let's have fun," this episode had little plot or purpose. Sure, I like seeing Ash interact with Misty again as much as the next guy but it could have been done with a plot to back it up. Team Rocket showing up at the end helped a little bit, but they weren't really integrated into the episode that well, so it didn't do too much. If it weren't for Brock and Misty, this would not have been an enjoyable episode at all.

Though, we did get one good thing out of this episode. Jessie saying, "Mega Evolving in the Alola Region is nothing more than a sentimental cheap shot." What a perfectly meta line. Oh, and we did get a proper blast off for Team Rocket for once, so I suppose that's cool.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So we got the second comeback of Kasumi and Takeshi. I was surprised to learn that Kasumi and Suiren had kept in contact this whole time, and seeing Kasumi's Sunnygo again after more than 700 episodes was a treat, especially when we saw it get scared of the jewelry. Takeshi flirting with Joi usually bugs me, but it worked here.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It's finally out in the Netherlands (why must you be so far behind Dutch dub, back in season 21 you were still simultaneous with the US release, now you're over two months behind). And jeez, the dub ruined that final clash with Team Rocket. Without the original song the encounter just doesn't work. Sure there is no tension with the cheerful opening song in the background, but Team Rocket encounters are never all that tense anyway, but the nostalgia train of the kids tearing through a Rocket robot works with the original song since that's what they did every other episode back in the days. Sure they didn't have to use the Japanese song, but the original dub opening would've worked, I know for a fact there is a long version of that song. I just don't know what it is with the dub not understanding how insert songs work, except for the I Choose You movie.

At least I'm happy the Dutch dub hasn't had a change in voice actors for Misty and Brock, we still have the same actors for them as all the way back in season 1.

Last edited:

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
When I saw the field of bug pokemon floating around my first thoughts were thats kind of cool and that Misty would not like this. And indeed she did not like it!

Team Rockets plot was straight forward this time but I think they may have missed an opportunity. Their robot actually sponged up a lot of damage before blowing up so if they had taken its durability into account, maybe Team Rocket could have devised a sneakier plan and gotten more out of the advantage.

Near the end when Brock set up the camp site, it reminded me of the First Pokemon movie for a moment. Except for the different clothes and some minor details, I think this could have almost been the same scene from the beginning of the movie. (before the theme music starts playing)

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Team Rockets plot was straight forward this time but I think they may have missed an opportunity. Their robot actually sponged up a lot of damage before blowing up so if they had taken its durability into account, maybe Team Rocket could have devised a sneakier plan and gotten more out of the advantage.
Heck, Team Rocket had grabbed the classmates with the tendrils, all they had to do was use them as human shields and they'd have been untouchable