• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Alola! in Kanto! Brock & Misty! (985)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
One thing I would like to point out is that Pikachu forgot how to say Misty's name in its own language. It always used to say Pikachu-Pi when referring to Misty, but didn't in this episode.

J. D. Guy

My main point was that none of them had a time to breathe. I think Muk was on screen for like 10 seconds for instance. Geodude even less. The episode hopped so fast from scene to scene it didn't give the audience time to actually take in what was happening.

There's not much that can be done about that. Their prime goal was celebratory nostalgia, and there's only so much that can be fit in 22 something minutes. The creators had to budget something fierce, and this is the result. Any adjustments would have tilted the balance off in another direction, so looking at it from your perspective, it would always be lose-lose.

On another note, I also imagine that the rate the would audience take in the events would differ from person to person.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If I'm not mistaken, I believe Rotom somehow left Oak's lab, traveled all over Kanto and filled the dex, that's why we saw Pidgeot and the Squirtle squad. Cuz they shouldn't be anywhere near the lab, well Pidgeot kind of but still.

Rohanator

No, Ash actually ordered Lycanroc to use Accelerock. Which begs the question of when Lycanroc learned Accelerock (I assume it did when it evolved) and why a bigger deal wasn't made out of a Pokémon learning a new move.
Because Accelerock itself isn't a big deal, it's just something Lycanrocs do. It's like when Ash's Greninja evolved and literally no one commented on the fact that it now knew Water Shuriken, it's just expected.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If I'm not mistaken, I believe Rotom somehow left Oak's lab, traveled all over Kanto and filled the dex, that's why we saw Pidgeot and the Squirtle squad. Cuz they shouldn't be anywhere near the lab, well Pidgeot kind of but still.

I do think it was implied that everything happened inside Oak's ranch. Squirtle(and it's squad) might have now retired from firefighting and now resides at Oak's Lab. And Pidgeot, being a flier, can anytime fly over Oak's ranch.

Otherwise it absolutely makes no sense, since Squirtle and its squad were with an Officer Jenny who lived in Johto, so how can Rotomdex go there?

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
There's not much that can be done about that. Their prime goal was celebratory nostalgia, and there's only so much that can be fit in 22 something minutes. The creators had to budget something fierce, and this is the result. Any adjustments would have tilted the balance off in another direction, so looking at it from your perspective, it would always be lose-lose.

On another note, I also imagine that the rate the would audience take in the events would differ from person to person.

That's definitely true. I actually think, like Satomine Night, that this should've been spread over 2 or 3 episodes to give everything a bit more time. Then you could've also given time to Tracey or Charizard, and so on.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I do think it was implied that everything happened inside Oak's ranch. Squirtle(and it's squad) might have now rerired from firefighting and now resides at Oak's Lab. And Pidgeot, being a flier, can anytime fly over Oak's ranch.

Otherwise it absolutely makes no sense, since Squirtle and its squad were with an Officer Jenny who lived in Johto, so how can Rotomdex go there?

But Rotom says he completed the dex(I think at least, not positive) and unless Oak is housing legends, I don't think they're chilling at the lab lol.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

when was it established their in jouto, I recall them being around near Vermillion city, they only went to jouto to compete in that firefighting tournament.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
But Rotom says he completed the dex(I think at least, not positive) and unless Oak is housing legends, I don't think they're chilling at the lab lol.

But then again, Squirtle and its squad were with Officer Jenny who lived in Johto, so unless Squirtle and its squad now permanently resides in Oak's Lab, it's impossible for them to be in Kanto.

@Almighty Zard

Not sure about that, but that Officer Jenny brought Squirtle to Ash during the Johto League by just cycling, so I definitely think she lived in Johto.

Last edited:

Rohanator

Please don't try to rationalize the Squirtle cameo, it's nothing more than that, there's no logic behind it, the writers didn't suddenly decide "yeah the Squirtle squad should probably retire let's put them at Oak's ranch", they just wanted to show Squirtle for the sake of it. Having the squad retire like that offscreen and not even have Ash react to them being at the ranch would be terrible, it didn't happen, ignore it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Please don't try to rationalize the Squirtle cameo, it's nothing more than that, there's no logic behind it, the writers didn't suddenly decide "yeah the Squirtle squad should probably retire let's put them at Oak's ranch", they just wanted to show Squirtle for the sake of it. Having the squad retire like that offscreen and not even have Ash react to them being at the ranch would be terrible, it didn't happen, ignore it.

But after all it still happened, and there has to be some logic behind it.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

So how did Rotom see Mewtwo and birds? I mean Gary caught around 200 Pokemon, I assume all of Pokemon appeared there are Gary's, while few are Ash's.

DatsRight

My BIGGEST issue with this episode was Kiawe riding the Rapidash. didn't you have to form a bond with a Rapidash as to not get burned? Is this is hint at Kiawe's power over Fire types or they just didn't care to delve into it?

All the Pokemon in Oak's ranch are supposedly caught and domesticated, hence most of them not harming anyone besides accidental over affection (eg. Ash's Tauros stampeding, or the Vileplume letting out Spore, both were in a happy fit). That or it getting Charizard to race it was it testing if Kiawe was worthy of a ride.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
So no mention of Tracey? Did no one mention that he was visiting someone??? Where is Tracey!!!?!? It would have been nice to see him at least.

As for the episode, I really enjoyed it, there were some times were I was left wanting more, like more interactions with Misty and Brock, and more of Ash's pokemon, but what we got really satisfied me, I enjoyed seeing Misty, Brock, Bulbasaur and Jigglypuff again, as well as Staryu (I was especially pleased to see) and Crobat (I was especially surprised).

I was disappointed that we didn't see Psyduck, but hey, he's back next week instead, so now I'm especially pleased!!!!

I enjoyed the interactions we got, like Brock and Kiawe, Brock and Lillie, Misty and Lana and Brock and Misty warning Mallow. (Poor Soc, didn't interact much). However, part of me was saddened by the little interactions we had between Misty, Brock and Ash, however, part of me believes its down to the development of Brock and Misty, I no longer seeing them as travelling companions thanks to this episode, I see them professionals, they've matured and are now experts in what they do, which is nice to see that they have progressed since leaving Ash. I really liked their portrayal in this episode and look forward to seeing them in the next episode (i hope theres a third episode).

Also, was so nice seeing Bulbasaur, the chosen one interact with the new cast and briefly with the new pokemon, especially his reaction to Mimikyu.

Rajas

All the Pokemon in Oak's ranch are supposedly caught and domesticated, hence most of them not harming anyone besides accidental over affection (eg. Ash's Tauros stampeding, or the Vileplume letting out Spore, both were in a happy fit). That or it getting Charizard to race it was it testing if Kiawe was worthy of a ride.

I'd guess that would make sense. Just was weird at a point when I remember Ash riding Ponyta.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So did Ash's Charizard show up at the ranch? Because I feel like the writers once again forgot about how to use continuity right. You'd think Kiawe would get a chance to meet the young lizard after Alain somehow went uninformed about him.

Kudos to Corphish for being the only Pokemon Misty never saw but Brock did.

zdbz_sn

My initial thoughts:

The Good: The reunions. The old Pokefriends. The flashbacks. The callbacks. Mew. Misty and Lana tag-team. Great gag with Bewear. Some cute details with Ash and Misty.

The Bad: Odd to say, but - too much focus on the Pokemon. Way too much. Almost the entire episode was just characters looking at Kanto Pokemon or how Kanto and Alolan Pokemon compare and interact. As nice as all the reunion and team-up stuff was, it only made up a few minutes of the episode, instead of its backbone. And, if I’m getting nitpicky, I miss the old Cerulean Gym.

The Final Word: It was cute! I’m ready for subtitles, and ready for next week!

srebak

Beginning Trainer
For rather unusual reasons, i was not entirely sure about how i was going to feel about this episode, but, i found it to be a nice episode to see. Although, if there were scenes that i wasn't quite sure about; it was that one scene at the beginning with Ash (even though i don't know what was said), the fact that Ash apparently could not defeat the TR mecha without Misty and Brock's help from what it looked like, and that one scene where Ash's mother apparently embarrassed him by saying something that i yet don't know.