• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Alola! in Kanto! Brock & Misty! (985)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Now Bewear is really part of Team Rocket.

p96822

Evolve me please
I wasn't totally feeling this episode, There not enought interaction from Brock and Misty for my liking. I think Jigglypuff being there for random cameo is just so bad and doesn't even make any sense. Oh, we are going to bring back Jigglypuff because it didn't appolish it goals back in the hoenn region. Yeah we have to being back for the dumb reference then using it as a character. We do get a reference of Bulbasaur keeping the peace. Nothing felt important to Brock or Misty. The ownly thing that felt really important was Ash's Lycanroc learning Accelrock.

The thing with Team Rocket was truly disappointing . I would love to see a battle between Misty, Brock and Ash against Team Rocket. The only funny joke in this whole thing was Bulbasaur feeling unsettled by Jessie's Mimikyu

Last edited:

Xuxuba

I wasn't totally feeling this episode, There not enought interaction from Brock and Misty for my liking. I think Jigglypuff being there for random cameo is just so bad and doesn't even make any sense. Oh, we are going to bring back Jigglypuff because it didn't appolish it goals back in the hoenn region. Yeah we have to being back for the dumb reference then using it as a character. We do get a reference of Bulbasaur keeping the peace. Nothing felt important to Brock or Misty. The ownly thing that felt really important was Ash's Lycanroc learning Accelrock.

The thing with Team Rocket was truly disappointing . I would love to see a battle between Misty, Brock and Ash against Team Rocket. The only funny joke in this whole thing was Bulbasaur feeling unsettled by Jessie's Mimikyu

I felt the same way tbh. Wish Brock, Misty and Ash would've interacted more. It seemed like the Alolan gang got more screentime than them.
Also we barely got to see Ash's pokemon and the ones we did get to see were just the ones from Kanto.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Kind of mixed about this episode tbh. There were parts that I definitely enjoyed, such as seeing Bulbasaur, Muk and the Tauros (even if it meant a blast off for Ash). Also, thought they did a surprisingly decent job in the amount of focus the Alola gang got, especially Kiawe. Seems like he kept the wig, and couldn't bear to see Kanto Dugtrio without it. That was pretty funny.

So I quite liked the first half of the episode, with everyone meeting each other, but the second half was pretty underwhelming to me personally. Marowak and Popplio 'running' away was pointless, especially the latter since it was just enjoying in the sea, with what I presume were Ash's Totodile and Corphish. But the last part especially was so disappointing and unnecessary, with TRio coming out from nowhere, their mecha sucked this time. And while I usually enjoy Bewear, I was pretty disappointed with it today. And the random af Jigglypuff portion was so unnecessary and annoying imo.

The Mew towards the end was extremely surprising and cool, even if extremely random. Also, as they drove towards Cerulean Gym, I liked seeing Ash show that passion and excitement. Come on Ash, we all know you miss gym battles, especially after the lousy trials you do in Alola.

Overall episode is 7/10 for me. Good in parts, but not that great. I was also disappointed that we didn't really see much of Ash's Pokémon interacting with him, and the lack of Ash's Charizard really was a bummer. Also, am I the only one who felt that Brock, and especially Misty actually didn't speak much? The Ash, Misty and Brock interactions felt really lacking.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Kiawe's fear of height in aeroplane was definitely very funny. But there is a lost oppurtunity with not much ash's pokemon sown here, where are charizard, sceptile, bayleef, infernape, gible, snorlax and gliscor. By the way was the montage to squirrtle squad in the rotomdex photo?

Pteranodonte

Um...was that maybe Ash's Pidgeot in the montage....also we did technically see Corphish and Totodile even if Ash didn't lol.

I wish he would of seen more pokemon but I'm fine with what we got cuz we saw Brock and Misty and even Crobat and Staryu <3!!!

Since the Squirtle Squad was in the lab I don't see why Pidgeot and his flock could not be there too.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
BTW, I didn't quite get that to whom the Kanto and Alolan variants whom Misty and Brock sent out from Pokeballs(except for Muk which was obviously Ash's) belonged to.

Since the Squirtle Squad was in the lab I don't see why Pidgeot and his flock could not be there too.
Well does that means that Squirtle now stays at Oak's lab?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

I think after all this time pidgeot is still waiting for ash to fullfill his promise. So that really was squirtle squad there.

Kein

AKA Silktree
There weren't any flashbacks. I guess we'll see them next week to flesh out Ash's relationship with Brock and Misty.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
All in all a very good episode but could have been made great if only all of ash's monster would have been here. Still was bulbasaur reaction towards bewear and mimikyu was also priceless. Was it also afraid of it? I liked rowlet eating with bulbasaur, I wished it had met other grass types too like snivy, bayleef, sceptile and torterra. Litten could have met his fire types would hab=ve been great but oh well.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Oh was Tracey even mentioned at all?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hey its a episode at the lab I sure hope I see Satoshi's pokemon, even if its just a freaking cameo.

Nah, you get Takeshi, Kasumi, Muk for the meme and Bulbasaur and the next episode is just a gym battle so they probably won't appear either...yes I care more about Satoshi pokemon than Takeshi and Kasumi or any other character on the show.

Edit: I didn't dislike the episode, but this was bothering me the whole time and took some enjoyment away from it.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think after all this time pidgeot is still waiting for ash to fullfill his promise. So that really was squirtle squad there.

I'm picturing two scenarios with poor Pidgeot. The first is it is now a pile of bones still waiting for Ash. The second it is now furious at Ash and is constructing a voodoo doll of him along with forming this massive army of bird Pokémon to attack him viciously.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I'm picturing two scenarios with poor Pidgeot. The first is it is now a pile of bones still waiting for Ash. The second it is now furious at Ash and is constructing a voodoo doll of him along with forming this massive army of bird Pokémon to attack him viciously.

Not much time has passed, he is still the same age, years are really long in the pokemon world.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Mimikyu has to be most OP TR pokemon, after making pikachu's lfe miserable it was even able to make even someone as calm and cool like bulbasaur freak out too. That counts for something. I would have loved them see both of them battling out.

Hey its a episode at the lab I sure hope I see Satoshi's pokemon, even if its just a freaking cameo.

Nah, you get Takeshi, Kasumi, Muk for the meme and Bulbasaur and the next episode is just a gym battle so they probably won't appear either...yes I care more about Satoshi pokemon than Takeshi and Kasumi or any other character on the show.

Its the same for me too. I think that was the only thing lacking in this episode.