• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Alola! in Kanto! Brock & Misty! (985)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
We did get Brock's Crobat, Larvitar & Togepi via flashbacks, and several non-Kanto background pokémon that appeared in Prof. Oak's lab like Corsola & Bellossom

I meant on Ash's part. My bad.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
That was okay I guess... it sort of put a smile on my face but not much more than that

Ash/Misty/Brock's interactions were really lacking IMO but I suppose that was to be expected with only two episodes and the current main cast fighting for screentime
Corpish, Totodile and Squirtle(?) appearing was cool, shame it was only for a second and they didn't interact with Ash (especially Squirtle, since Bulbasaur was there) and I'm really surprised they didn't squeeze Charizard in

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Tbh I don't think Squirtle is now permanently in the lab. It was just a brief cameo just for fun, even if it doesn't make sense.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
If Rotom mentioned that he registered all Kanto Pokemon into his Dex, then what about Mewtwo?

Or... is Mewtwo not a part of a Pokedex in the Animeverse. Well I suppose, it's so rare that barely anyone has heard of it.

Even though there are two Mewtwos these days, and only one erases memories...

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'm super happy that Litten appeared with best character Delia. I thought the Jigglypuff part was inserted randomly and for nostalgia reasons too I mean, I didn't mind the gag back then but it just so happened to get caught in the debris of TR's mecha? Not all of Ash's Pokémon could be seen because of how gigantic Prof Oak's ranch is and how they wanted to include Ash's classmates into scenes as well. Who knows, we might get another snapshot like we did at the end of BW (nothing could top this). It's kind of funny that Ash is the one to get bummed out that they were going back to Kanto. I guess he know there isn't much in Pallet Town. At least they did take a bus to Cerulean City.

Sidenote but how come no one is commenting on Brock's introduction? He gained some muscle and mentioned that he is a Pokemon Doctor and (maybe he meant formerly) the Pewter Gym Gym Leader. And can we have a theory that Rotomdex is Prof Oak's Rotom? No comparisons between them has happened in this episode.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Another thing that bothered me, do they really have to make fun of a Raichu by making it look bad every time one appears? its like their way of saying "we won't evolve Pikachu, see Raichu sucks!", we know you won't evolve him stop with this crap.

What are you talking about? Lots of episodes portray Raichu in a positive light.

Rohanator

Not all of Ash's Pokémon could be seen because of how gigantic Prof Oak's ranch is and how they wanted to include Ash's classmates into scenes as well. Who knows, we might get another snapshot like we did at the end of BW (nothing could top this).
They could've easily made enough time for at least a still shot of every Ash Mon (not individually but in groups), just cut a few seconds from Kiawe riding Rapidash or something.

DatsRight

Well if they plan to look up other regions later on, Ash could easily swap in some of his previous 'mon for the others to check out, hence maybe them focusing more on just his Kanto lot here.

Hell if they go to Johto, they don't have much BUT Ash's Gen 2 'mon to look at (unless Dawn and May have survived the graveyard region).

Soniman

Break the Limit
Im also getting really tired of kiwae being the guy to make dumb faces and overreact to everything like he was introduced as serious and stern, character development is one thing, having one of our traits flanderized to the point where it becomes your entire character is another

Nodame

Misty <3
OMG I couldn't stop smiling the whole time. I’d have enjoyed more time with just OS trio, I think they actually did a pretty good job at splitting the screentime between so many characters and showing us a lot of small unique interactions between them all!

Misty is trending on Twitter!!!!

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Im also getting really tired of kiwae being the guy to make dumb faces and overreact to everything like he was introduced as serious and stern, character development is one thing, having one of our traits flanderized to the point where it becomes your entire character is another

Even stern people have their moments. :p

Also was I the only one expecting Gible or Krookodile to come out of the ground when Onix appeared?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I liked the episode but certain omissions bugged me.

My concerns are,
a) Was Tracey even mentioned?
b) Oak's mischievous Rotom didn't meet Rotomdex
c) They missed Charizard, Kingler, and Snorlax for the Kanto team returns.
d) Totodile and Corphish cameos being the only non-Kanto ones.
e) Uh what was the Squirtle Squad doing there?

But I laughed and smiled at many points in the episode. Some key favorite moments include,

A. Marowak pissing off Onix.
Bewear's arrival and also transitioning into Jigglypuff.
Delia with Litten.
When Brock sent out Crobat, I didn't catch the other half and thought he was sending out Croagunk. It was a nice surprise to see Crobat again.
I liked seeing Squirtle and Pidgeot even if the former's cameo made no sense.
None of the kids felt like they were left out. Everyone got to do something.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
This episode gave me a total Kanto b*ner! They even had Mew in at the end. Pokemon fanboy heart is now full

DatsRight

While it was a bit overdone, it was balanced by him still being the straight man to his Marowak.

And I like episodes where it's not ONLY Ash that's getting to be a complete clown.

nuzamaki90

I don't know, the episode had many flaws but I'd rather not delve on the negatives. I admittedly had a smile on my face the entire episode. Maybe just because I'm a nostalgia guy, maybe because Misty looks amazing in the new art style, or maybe because I've finally started warming up to SM and how it treats the characters and their personalities.

I was hype when I saw Squirtle after that BW fiasco. I was hype when I saw Bulbasaur even though it didn't get to battle. But what I truly was waiting for the entire episode was Charizard. Like where the hell was he? I was hoping to see Ash's Charizard and Kiawe's Charizard meeting each other and compare their flames, but guess I was expecting too much. It was still cool seeing Pidgeot again, I'm super positive that was Ash's.

Looking forward to the next episode and I'm glad Brock and Misty are back again.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Of course Bewear would catch a (conveniently placed) flight to Kanto (I was secretly hoping it wouldn't appear tbph)

The episode itself wasn't bad. It had some comedic moments like Kiawe putting a wig on Kanto dugtrio, and thrown in some surprises like the Squirtle Squad and Mew cameos.

Janovy

Banned
*sigh*

This is why I wanted Ash to be alone in Kanto, without the classmates. Too many characters, too many Pokemon, too many random events all at once.

Kinda disappointed. At least the next episode looks like an improvement.