• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Alola! in Kanto! Brock & Misty! (985)

Spyro39

Maybe he started working out for the next pancake race?

Looks like it. Kiawe must've taken the defeat harder than he thought that he decides to work out for the next Pancake Race.

He should also take some pointers from Brock.

Kiawe didn't have the rushed adraneline, powerful feeling of fear, and comedic essence flowing through that scene at the Pancake Race.

Next time Kiawe participates in another Pancake Race with Turtonator, somebody help him out by having an Onix chase after him.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So Rotom managed to find a Porygon, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo within Oaks ranch.. and Mew was there too..

Guess we now know where Tobias keeps his Pokemon xD

On a serious note though, I'm disappointed that we saw no Rotom duo interaction here.

Agility

Bah.
P-Pidgeot? AHHHHHHHHHHH! That's enough to make me happy with this episode. xD

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I really enjoyed this episode. I loved being able to see Brock and Misty again. I also seriously laughed so hard when Jigglypuff showed up and Ash, Misty, and Brock started freaking out, that was so funny.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Normally I don't say this about an episode of the anime but I actually enjoyed this episode, and this is coming from someone who no longer likes the show.

My only real complaints for this episode are, and I highly doubt they're ever going to do an episode like this, but none of Ash's Pokemon showed any signs of being disillusioned by him constantly dumping them off at Oak's especially since most recently he's been going to a tropical region and how is it ALL of his Tauros were happy to see them, I mean come on at least 90% of them he never calls on and he's has never really tried bonding with all of them, he has only ever used Tauros 3 times so at most 3 of them should like him and even then I can't picture it being by that much.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
My only real complaints for this episode are, and I highly doubt they're ever going to do an episode like this, but none of Ash's Pokemon showed any signs of being disillusioned by him constantly dumping them off at Oak's especially since most recently he's been going to a tropical region and how is it ALL of his Tauros were happy to see them, I mean come on at least 90% of them he never calls on and he's has never really tried bonding with all of them, he has only ever used Tauros 3 times so at most 3 of them should like him and even then I can't picture it being by that much.

Resentment is only reserved for those who were treated like crap recently in this strange universe.

Anyone else? BEST FRIENDS FOREVAH NO MATTER WHAT! YAYZ!

DatsRight

Resentment is only reserved for those who were treated like crap recently in this strange universe.

In fairness, we don't track Ash's entire life in real time when he returns to Kanto each series. I assume there is some offscreen bonding, cheap excuse yeah, but it's probable.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi

Sad but true

In fairness, we don't track Ash's entire life in real time when he returns to Kanto each series. I assume there is some offscreen bonding, cheap excuse yeah, but it's probable.

a valid point, even if it is like you said cheap

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
primeape was never shown, and TBH, the gengar line could very well be of another trainer

Yes, I know that. However, we didn't see most of Ash's other Pokemon (Kingler, Snorlax, most of Johto's team... etc) but we know they are there. So, if Squirtle returned during the time lapse between Kalos and Alola, then why not Primeape too? I just hope this will be explained.

CabochonJaw

So fun seeing Misty and Brock again. It was a mostly good episode, with a lot of great moments. I didn't mind them only showing some of Ash's pokemon, since it looks like not much has changed with them. Bulbasaur is still Bulbasaur, Tauros is still Tauros, etc.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
[ Ooh, love this ep. Watched it 2 times now, more to come XD

They rushed it imo. Everything went to fast then suddenly Ash had to battle the two. Wish they dragged it into 5 eps haha XD
I missed Misty and Brock so bad ;-;

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

C-O-N-T-I-N-U-I-T-Y

Pros:

* Return of Brock and Misty obviously

* That original OP song callback with Rapidash dashing across the field

* Ninetails and Shiron

* Pikachu shocking everyone

* Bulbasaur!

* Bewear airdrop

* Jigglypuff returns

Cons:

* Not going to lie, that was underwhelming. Too much focus on the Alola
class and not on Ash/Brock/Misty's reunion, or Ash seeing his old Pokemon. It's almost as if the writers didn't appreciate the gravity of the moment. If this was the first of a 5 or 6 episode arc, then it's fine. But with only two episodes, this disappointed and could have been so much better.

Thoughts

* Where are the rest of Ash's Pokemon???

For the continuity alone, after XY's utter lack of it, it's worth 7/10. That being said, it should have been so much more...

7/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 5/4/5.5/6/7.5/8/3/6/4/6
Average of episodes 31-40: 5.2/10
Average of episodes 21-30: 4.65/10
Average of episodes 11-20: 4.95/10
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

Last edited:

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
The nostalgia is strong with this one.

With seeing all of Ash's Tauros, I almost get a sense that he missed a chance to become one of those "specialized" pokemon trainers. Ones who only use a single type but use them really well. It probably would have made the show super boring but I can still imagine Ash going around with a team full of Tauros and just being able to steam roll most opponents if he got skilled enough.

Then again that could never happen because I dont see Ash ever leaving Pikachu behind but someday I think he should try to use all of those Tauros for something.

Great episode!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I gotta say, this is quite a throwback. Been waiting for a return of the original trio, but not only that, we hear Misty's new VA in full bloom since MoMP from 2006. She does a pretty good job when succeeding Rachael Lillis, but it's definitely not the same. But to be honest, it's nothing to shoot down; Michele Knotz does a fine job on her own. And of course, Bill Rogers as Brock is well done, as he's done the voice since 2006.

Also, wow, that dang Mew at the end.

Can't wait to see the next episode with the gym battle!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is it me, or do the characters sound like they're talking a lot faster in the dub version? I mean like classic stereotypical anime fast where everyone says a full sentence in under a minute in order to sync up with the mouth movements

Also, I can't believe Ed Goldfarb changed the music for Jigglypuff's song. It's so iconic, even in the dub

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

This was a fun episode full of memories. I loved those flashbacks, seeing Brock and Misty again, seeing his old Pokemon etc., I also kind of laughed when Brock said, "The pleasure's mine all mine." It's like, do you miss Dawn or something?

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Is it me, or do the characters sound like they're talking a lot faster in the dub version? I mean like classic stereotypical anime fast where everyone says a full sentence in under a minute in order to sync up with the mouth movements

Also, I can't believe Ed Goldfarb changed the music for Jigglypuff's song. It's so iconic, even in the dub
If anything, he added his version. The Japanese version didn't have the song, only the vocals.

Aside from that, the episode had a mediocre treatment, as expected.

AvalonX

Super Fan

Yes, it seems that Misty in particular is talking faster, and Brock sounds same as always, but I still would have preferred if the very original voice actors were used instead. Overall though, the English dub of this episode is pretty good.

DatsRight

If anything, he added his version. The Japanese version didn't have the song, only the vocals.

Aside from that, the episode had a mediocre treatment, as expected.

Yeah, I suppose whatever the dub does is harder to knock when the Japanese edit was surprisingly sparse on nostalgic tunes anyway.

There were about two noteworthy, the TR classic theme remix (which was in XY anyway) and the original Japanese title theme during the montage (which doesn't really have the same relevance in the English version anyway). What occurred with those two in the dub?

Last edited: