1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

An Amazing Aerial Battle! (729)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I'm glad Ash beat Skyla. It was a great opportunity for Tranquil to evolve. I was wondering why Ash scanned Unfezant again when he did that last episode but at least it said information about the female Unfezant.

2. I always think it's the female Unfezants that are the ones with the pink.... uh, stuff on it's head (I can't remember what the term for it is).

3. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

This episode is the reason why I still love BW as a series, I really love how Ash just showcased which pokemon he was gonna use before the battle, just because he's that confident in his pokemon. Skyla was also just perfectly douchy, but not unlikable IMO.

As for the battle itself, I really dug that too, flying gyms are prolly my favorite gyms outisde maybe Ice, and the battles were nice and fast. the evolution was convienient, but given the anime usually show evolutions as being triggered by bursts of emotion, I kiinda buy it.

10/10.

4. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

In this episode, I found Skyla to be overconfident and it cost her the win. Ash's Tranquill was amazing and the evolution was amazing and even beating Swanna was amazing, too. Even though disappointed that Pikachu lost to Swanna despite having an obvious type advantage.

5. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I liked the gym's layout especially the hoops and especially how Tranquill evolved and paved the way for Ash winning the Jet badge. Skyla was such a cool gym leader as well and I just wish Krokorok had done more.

6. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

This and the Clay battle are my 2 favorite BW gym battles.

7. Gillachu

Gillachu Banned

This one wasn't as good as the one against Clay for me because we had seen Skyla's tactics already...

8. Dragalge

Dragalge Persona Emblem

I liked both of these gym battles since I like the animation in both. Unfezant (as a Tranquill) could have used more battling beforehand but it took out Swoobat before evolving so I didn't mind it too much. Better than another PokeRinger evolution in my opinion.

9. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

So now we got the highly anticipated Satoshi and Fuuro Gym match. I thought that Fuuro's ego deserved to get squashed a bit, so I was rooting hard for Satoshi. I'll be honest and say that Waruvile losing to Kokoromori in five seconds flat felt like a bad omen, but Satoshi's Kenhallow made up for it.

10. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

The battle was okay. At least until Tranquill evolved. Unfezant vs. Swanna was the worst part of the match. Sure, Unfezant looked impressive but it was still a sucky battle in the end...

11. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

Aerial battles in the anime can really be a visual treat. Flying-types have so much more space to maneuver than non-fliers so the possibilities of the strategies used are far greater. I would've loved to see Swanna just try to use Aqua Ring as a shield against a fricking Volt Tackle.

12. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I don't think Aqua Ring has ever been used defensively tbh. It's a healing move, not Counter Shield.

13. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Frankly, as exciting as Satoshi versus Fuuro turned out, I wish that we could've seen Satoshi sweep. Since he had Pikachu, you'd think that he would've won with no losses, yet Pikachu faltered against Swanna of all things.

14. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

There goes my theory that Tranquill was really a male. Ash's Unfezant giving us all she had and succeeding in a Gym battle was awesome. Easily my favorite Gym battle in the Unova region.

15. FlygontheRavager

FlygontheRavager #1 Pokémon Anime Fan!

Wouldn’t being swept by an Electric-type have only reinforced Skyla’s confidence in her “Air Battles?”

16. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I guess it would've seemed hypocritical, but I just wanted to see her face humiliation for the way she ravaged Dent's Pokemon in the previous episode.