• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Amazing Aerial Battle! (729)

I've been curious about this and I know it isn't the place to ask, but I don't know where to, is there a thread where we can speak in Japanese on these forums?

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures so far.

So Krokorok vs Swoobat was first, darn confusing summary. I wanted Krokorok to lose but not the way it did, I wanted it to lose it's sunglasses and that be the cause of it's lose, oh well.

The rest of the match went as I predicted, Pikachu defeated Unfezant, and Tranquil got a win as a Tranquill and as an Unfezant. Unfezant only got Aerial Ace? If so then that's disappointing.

This wasn't as good as I wanted and thought it would be, I still enjoyed it, just got my expectation up for some stuff, oh well.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Pretty sweet battle. I'd just like to point out that this is by far the closest I have ever come to exactly predicting a Gym battle . . . up until the stupid preview threw me off. But prior to the preview, I did guess quite a few things right:

a. Krokorok losing to Swoobat.

b. Tranquill/Unfezant beating Swoobat and Swanna.

c. Tranquill/Unfezant learning Aerial Ace.

My only initially wrong prediction was that I guessed Pikachu would draw against Unfezant. I rock!

I'm watching the episode right now and all and I have to tell you, Hatobo uses Wing Attack. -.-;
Just what are the writers thinking?! Man.

It's a good move for Hatobo since their Attack Stats are higher than their Special Attack, I'm hoping, and this might be wrong, but I'm guessing that they'll switch up the movesets on Pokemon White/Black 2, but it's still weird because Hatobo can't learn it in the current game.

Edit: For reference, "翼で打つ / tsubasa de utsu" literally translates to "strike with wing" or if one would put it as a simple attack translation "Wing Strike" even "Wing Attack" would work which is why it was probably dubbed to that...
Still, why would it glow? Nevertheless, it was only used once, so who knows? Fushigidane/Bulbasaur used to be able to "blow things away," which is why the dubbers mistook it as Whirlwind. It's still upsetting in a way.

The matches were well animated, though.
I thought it was well handled that Hatobo really was able to win because she dodged most of her opponents attack, she really was only hit 2 times, Fuuro's Kenhorou's attacks didn't hit her once, she was mainly tired because of flying. She was hit by Swanna's Hurricane as a Hatobo and a Brave Bird as a Kenhorou. Swanna on the other hand was hit more than 5 times.

I'm guessing she'll be Satoshi's speed Pokemon alongside Pikachu.

Those are my two cents. Good enough episode, way better than past Air Gym Battles.

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Maybe it was just a natural thing to use Wing Attack.Or maybe the writers gave us a little sneak peak of the moveset change in BW2

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Maybe it was just a natural thing to use Wing Attack.Or maybe the writers gave us a little sneak peak of the moveset change in BW2

i'm sure others are still trying to figure out what's going on regarding the "winged" attack.

So we still don't know Unfezant's ability...probably the only thing i'm angry about regarding this episode.

Better than Winona, but not as good as Falkner in terms of other flying gym matches after seeing it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I thought her ability was Super Luck because that's the ability Pidove had from the Egg Giveaway?

games=/=anime

until her ability is confirmed by mouth in the anime, she could have either one.

Either way, at least we know she has Aerial Ace now which is decent at least as far as moves go.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Was that Wing Attack or Steel Wing...cause Tranquil can't have Wing Attack...and this isn't the first time the spoilers lied to us, taking about Tranquil vs Unfezant first, (a.k.a Pikachu). And Aerial Ace...come on

gliscor&yanmega

So Tranquill used Wing Attack despite not being able to(...For whatever reason it can't use it in the first place), odd. Maybe there was a mistake in the script or something, I looked on Bublapedia and it seems like it's happened before. Whatever, at less it has a more proper four moveset now:
Air Cutter
Wing Attack
Quick Attack
Aerial Ace

Still, wish it got Sky Attack/Razor Wind, and Roost. Oh well.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Yes, I am aware of it. But I am pretty sure it's Wing Attack (Tsubasa de Utsu).
Oh, it wasn't meant as questioning, it was more me wondering why the writer's made a fluke for the first time since early Sinnoh.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, here I thought Unfezant would have an awesome moveset after evolving...what we get is Air Cutter, Gust, Quick Attack, and Aerial Ace... reminiscent of Swellow's shallow move set :/ Guess the only thing going for this bird is it's female and it fully evolved even faster then Taillow did

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Wow Wing Attack, maybe they'll add that move to Tranquill's move list in BW2.

I'm happy that the bird finally got her time to shine. Although Super Luck should have activated.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wasn't impressed with this Gym battle. It was just like all previous Gym battles only with hoops added for the convenience of non-Flying Pokemon. I'm glad that Krokorok was the first Pokemon to lose, though. He really hasn't been trained yet, so the result of the first match was logical. I wasn't impressed with Pikachu's battle either; Ash should have used a Pokemon with grace, like Oshawott. I'm glad that my girl Tranquill got to star in this Gym and that she evolved. Sadly, I doubt this will change her fate; she's still destined to rot at Professor Juniper's lab. Overall, it was an average episode.

Haunter ゴースト

I've seen the pictures and this battle looks great, it's a shame Krokorok was a fall guy but like Kira's said, he hasn't had much training and I personally thought he was weak as shown in his previous episodes.

It was great Pikachu got a win and didn't faint, and Tranquil? She's just got a deserving and awesome win.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I've seen the pictures and this battle looks great, it's a shame Krokorok was a fall guy but like Kira's said, he hasn't had much training and I personally thought he was weak as shown in his previous episodes.

It was great Pikachu got a win and didn't faint, and Tranquil? She's just got a deserving and awesome win.

He did faint. He got back up, but fell back into Ash's arms, thus was declared fainted.